Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2015, 04:58 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Businesses have to operate according to the LAW. When a business owner applies for and receives a license, a contract from the state, a business owner VOLUNTARILY agrees to operate according to the law.
You don't get it even though I bolded it for you.

First off a business owner in no way shape or form VOLUNTARILY applies for and receives a license. If it was VOLUNTARILY than why does government use force and coercion to make them do it? Apply or else!!!!

*Yet there are a few federal agencies that still won’t recognize some same-sex marriages. They include the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Social Security Administration, and the Railroad Retirement Board.

Which is it, recognize same sex marriage or don't recognize it?

Big government, that you love and count on to decide who can or can't get married, cannot decide consistently for themselves. I can't explain it any easier.

Quit using force to make people do what you think is moral. I'm sure the ones back in the day who were against interracial marriage thought they were moral too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 05:04 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
The Supreme Court says marriage is a right.
sigh Everyone has the 'right" to get married is what they said. Its a personal choice issue. Like the freedom to practice religion.

Quote:
And a business that makes cakes isn't accepting anything. It's baking cakes. When I go into a bakery and buy chocolate croissants, the business has no interest beyond my paying for those croissants. If I go home and smear the croissants all over my lover's body, and carefully lick up each crumb, each smear of chocolate, does the business care? If the owners are religious, are they going to refuse to sell me croissants? What if my lover is married? Are they going to refuse to sell to me then? When they sell me my croissants, is that some sort of endorsement for adultery? How?
too much info and I'm not eating croissants for awhile.

Open up a store next to them and put them out of business by fishing from a bigger pond. I'm not going to buy your croissants though.

Quote:
The religious right says they have no interest in controlling others, but that's not true. They are all about judging and controlling.
They do like to control things at times. No different than what you are doing though. You want to force others into accepting same sex marriage. While the religious right wants to use force in stopping same sex marriage.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:12 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Yes, loveshiscountry, incorporation is voluntary. There are other forms of business man/woman can establish, but the businessman wants to hide behind Uncle Sam as incorporating gives him an out to protect other assets when he fails. If the businessman had guts, he'd voluntarily protect all creditors with unlimited personal guarantees.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:01 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,889,745 times
Default Its still a Sin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wrong! Christian Americans oppose gay marriage and homosexual activity. Are you serious? You call it a cultural change well Christians oppose that type of change because of the obvious.
Yes you are Correct and we do oppose Gay Marriage. It s Still a sin no matter how paints it.
But, Christian's respect people and we may NOT endorses your life style or any one else, will still respect other life styles.
Sin is a Choice and that is you and one's maker. Do not expect everyone running over to approve of a conflicted life choice.

But Civil Unions are becoming more common and some states Man and woman has been over turned. These are laws of man and in Christians Circles a Civil Union is not a true Marriage.

The other point is we live in a Free Country and one's legal rights should be the same as any other citizen. The sticky point is Gay Adaption.

This is for anther thread!

Old 03-07-2015, 10:47 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Yes you are Correct and we do oppose Gay Marriage. It s Still a sin no matter how paints it.
But, Christian's respect people and we may NOT endorses your life style or any one else, will still respect other life styles.
Sin is a Choice and that is you and one's maker. Do not expect everyone running over to approve of a conflicted life choice.

But Civil Unions are becoming more common and some states Man and woman has been over turned. These are laws of man and in Christians Circles a Civil Union is not a true Marriage.

The other point is we live in a Free Country and one's legal rights should be the same as any other citizen. The sticky point is Gay Adaption.

This is for anther thread!
You know a Civil Marriage isn't a religious marriage, right? My wife and I are not religious and we're not married by any Christian Church or Christian God, we were married by the State of Oregon in a Civil Marriage.

And what is gay adoption? Gays adopting children or gay children being adopted? I don't see why that would be a sticky point, maybe you could expand on that one to make more sense.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:45 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
The 14th amendment, doesn't give gays the right to marry, anymore than it gave women the right to vote.

But back on topic... The GOP establishment cannot win a presidential election. McCain, Romney and now Jeb, will prove that against a very weak Democrat.

The only way the Republicans take the whitehouse, is with a constitutional conservative, the tea party can come out from under their rocks to vote.
McCain couldn't do it and neither could Mitt. Jeb will be no different, no matter how much the media pushes him as the guy.
They want him to be the guy, so Hilary wins.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:12 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The 14th amendment, doesn't give gays the right to marry, anymore than it gave women the right to vote.

But back on topic... The GOP establishment cannot win a presidential election. McCain, Romney and now Jeb, will prove that against a very weak Democrat.

The only way the Republicans take the whitehouse, is with a constitutional conservative, the tea party can come out from under their rocks to vote.
McCain couldn't do it and neither could Mitt. Jeb will be no different, no matter how much the media pushes him as the guy.
They want him to be the guy, so Hilary wins.
Your argument rests on the premise that tea party voters are staying home in significantly large numbers. But that's unlikely. The tea party voters hate Obama so much, they show up at the polls to vote, even if it's for a candidate they aren't that partial to.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Your argument rests on the premise that tea party voters are staying home in significantly large numbers. But that's unlikely. The tea party voters hate Obama so much, they show up at the polls to vote, even if it's for a candidate they aren't that partial to.

Not if it is for someone like Jeb

Old 03-09-2015, 11:52 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Not if it is for someone like Jeb
You and your friends do not add up to significant numbers. Many tea party voters in other parts of the country will vote for Governor Bush.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:59 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,412,769 times
dont even see the point of the gop trying to win any elections

from what i can see the senior people in the party all do the same ish that the othet party does

i think all these dudes need to die or go away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections