Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 08:04 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
So what?
Walker isn't a small business owner. Even if he was, and he wasn't, he's not now. He is a Governor.
I simply answered the question posed about the number of business owners who dont hold degrees.
Quote:
More deflection again, pgh. Remember- concentrate now- Deflection Is Not Your Friend. All Red Herrings Stink, and no one ever buys them.
I havent deflected from anything. Why is this all you contribute to thread, you havent at all discussed anything relevant
Quote:
We are talking about a very divisive and controversial Governor, not a small businessman. How many Governors only have high school degrees, pgh? Try naming one. How many Senators?
Actually thats not whats being discussed. We're discussing the need to have a college degree to be successful.

not whether or not he's divisive and controversial.

Come back when you actually figure out what the discussion is about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
As if studying toward a degree in college isn't "real life."
hate to be the bearer of bad news for you, but no, simply obtaining a college degree isnt "real life"..

It actually removes individuals from "real life" for 4 years. Thats like suggesting those in the military learn real life while in combat in Iraq.
Quote:
Obtaining a college degree demonstrates that a person is capable of intense discipline, hard work, sacrifice, organization, time-management, perseverance, and motivation.
not really.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
These small businesses include farms, dog breeders, cleaning service, painters, flea markets, lawn mowers, massage therapists, etc...... Yes, most small businesses do not require a college degree, however, running our country is not like running a lawn mowing service.
So you've now moved from, its not true, to, its true but no longer matters..

Which is quite humorous given you started the thread.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
How many Governors only have high school degrees, pgh? Try naming one.
Gary Herbert of Utah,
Jan Brewer of Arizona
Jodi Rell of Connecticut

Old 04-01-2015, 08:16 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
It isn't. Anyone of any life experience beyond school will vouch for the real learning beginning after school. No statistics necessary for a universal truth.
FYI, I worked harder and longer hours in college, especially since I also had a job, than after.

Never thought I would live to see the day when too many Americans actually fight against education of their citizens and leaders!

Last edited by jojajn; 04-01-2015 at 08:49 AM..

Old 04-01-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
hate to be the bearer of bad news for you, but no, simply obtaining a college degree isnt "real life"..

It actually removes individuals from "real life" for 4 years. Thats like suggesting those in the military learn real life while in combat in Iraq.

not really.
You better rethink your post here. Most college grads would take issue with it and all real life combat veterans surely would!

Old 04-01-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you've now moved from, its not true, to, its true but no longer matters..

Which is quite humorous given you started the thread.
No. I moved from asking for statistics to back up a claim; to looking into which small businesses do not require a college degree and why, to realizing that the original claim about the number of small business owners without college degrees is meaningless in the context of a president of the United States.

Reading comprehension skills are refined in college which is yet one more reason why college education and degree are vital for a president.

(Also, I did not start this thread.)

Last edited by jojajn; 04-01-2015 at 08:50 AM..

Old 04-01-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
FYI, I worked harder and longer hours in college, especially since I also had a job, than after.
That doesnt mean you gained 'real life' knowledge while you were in college.

Things like raising a family.. NOPE
Things like paying a mortgage.. NOPE
Paying for healthcare even.. NOPE.. not anymore, now you're on mommys plan
How about a real job, you know, where you werent flipping hamburgers.. NOPE..

You get the point, you just choose to ignore it.
Quote:
Never thought I would live to see the day when too many Americans actually fight against education of their citizens and leaders!
Thats not whats taking place. The discussion you are trying to make is without a college degree, you're a worthless piece of ****.

YOU ARE WRONG..

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-01-2015 at 09:53 AM..

Old 04-01-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
You better rethink your post here. Most college grads would take issue with it and all real life combat veterans surely would!
Do you really think people being in combat, actually relates to "real life"? Where the hell do you live where that would be true? Dam, your neighborhood must suck..

Old 04-01-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
No. I moved from asking for statistics to back up a claim; to looking into which small businesses do not require a college degree and why, to realizing that the original claim about the number of small business owners without college degrees is meaningless in the context of a president of the United States.

Reading comprehension skills are refined in college which is yet one more reason why college education and degree are vital for a president.

(Also, I did not start this thread.)
most businesses when surveyed, dont see many differences between those who have them, and those who dont.

You didnt like the facts so you moved the goal post..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections