Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 07:11 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So now you're moving the goal post from needing a college degree, to that ones not good enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 10:03 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
no, what you've done is stated that because he doesnt have a college degree, he doesnt have "real life" experiences and such. Everyone read what you said..

Which personally offended me as a non college educated individual who is far from stupid. I read for example extensively, even published 3 books, probably smarter than most, my home library has about 30,000 books in it..

How about yours?
If you read so much, reread my posts and try to comprehend them instead of fabricating the meaning.

Last edited by jojajn; 04-04-2015 at 10:15 AM..

Old 04-04-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
If you read so much, read my posts to comprehend them instead of fabricating the meaning.
oh I very well read them, and completely insulted that you think people who skipped college are stupid..

Old 04-04-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
no, someone that uneducated we call liberal..
I think you should reread all the posts here. (post #153)

Old 04-04-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
I think you should reread all the posts here. (post #153)
no need to reread them.. I know what I keyed and I stand by my statement.

You guys ran around telling us for YEARS, that ACA was going to insure every american, and we were stupid for believing otherwise.

or how Welfare stimulates, but yet every area of the nation with massive welfare has never been lifted up due to this type of spending.

NONE of what you guys have been peddling as "true", is the truth. its some weird fantasy cult you guys belong to or something

Old 04-04-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
no need to reread them.. I know what I keyed and I stand by my statement.

You guys ran around telling us for YEARS, that ACA was going to insure every american, and we were stupid for believing otherwise.

or how Welfare stimulates, but yet every area of the nation with massive welfare has never been lifted up due to this type of spending.

NONE of what you guys have been peddling as "true", is the truth. its some weird fantasy cult you guys belong to or something
Not sure what all this has to do with this thread. Nor do I have any idea who you mean by "you guys." Ta ta.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Not sure what all this has to do with this thread. Nor do I have any idea who you mean by "you guys." Ta ta.
It validates reasons why liberals are always wrong. Are you now going to tell me you didnt support ACA, the stimulus bill etc?

"You guys" would be YOU GUYS, who support CRAP.. if thats you, then so be it.. Stop supporting crap and I'll stop attacking crap..

Old 04-04-2015, 06:32 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,302,333 times
Quote:
Oh yes, I provided a number of sources. Unless you think six years and having his parents pay tuition for six years is acceptable to obtain a four year degree, my sources are quite adequate.
Why is it necessary to lie when it is so easily proven to be a lie?

Walker graduated high school in June of 1986 and entered Marquette in the fall and dropped out in Spring 1990. That is 3 1/2 years, not 6 and he had 94 completed credits which is 31 a year, which is a normal progression.

Quote:
No education necessary. Walker learned everything he needs to know about being a commander in chief from boy scouts!
While Walker was earning Eagle Scout, Obama was smoking ganja with the bros at his elite prep school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
Jesus christ, how the hell does an EPIC SIMPLETON like this guy ever get elected governor??
How does a mediocre student, pot smoker get into Oxy and then Columbia? The man can't complete a sentence without a teleprompter.

Quote:
At those ages, I was too busy honing my skills as a wide receiver (which eventually led to a full ride to play at an NCAA Division 1 school) to learn much about the boy scouts.

Frankly, we used to laugh at the kids in scouts...
Yeah, the football players were well known for their brains in high school and how well they treated everyone else in high school.

Quote:
This republican doofus is so in over his head that even I'm feeling sorry for him at this point...
Over your head is trading five top terrorists for a deserter. Over your head is promising grave consequences for crossing a red line and then not following through. Over your head is being given current intelligence on where a hostage is and then sitting on the information 30 days because you are too scared to make a definitive decision and then they die.

What a joke.

Quote:
College teaches; the ability to communicate well in writing and speech, the ability to follow logic, history, domestic and foreign affairs, international relations, business, social issues, finances, political science, etc.....etc......

What bothers me the most is that Walker is a dropout.
If college taught the ability to follow logic there wouldn't be a single Democrat with a college degree. The same goes for business, economics and history. Degrees in Lesbian Poetry and Social Ecology aren't helpful in the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
So what? Walker isn't a small business owner. Even if he was, and he wasn't, he's not now. He is a Governor. More deflection again, pgh. Remember- concentrate now- Deflection Is Not Your Friend. All Red Herrings Stink, and no one ever buys them. We are talking about a very divisive and controversial Governor, not a small businessman. How many Governors only have high school degrees, pgh? Try naming one. How many Senators?
jojajn is the one who asked about small business owners, pg was just providing what was asked for.

Quote:
These small businesses include farms, dog breeders, cleaning service, painters, flea markets, lawn mowers, massage therapists, etc...... Yes, most small businesses do not require a college degree, however, running our country is not like running a lawn mowing service.
So now that pg's assertion has been proved accurate, it no longer matters?

First day in Litigation 101, "never ask a question you don't know the answer to". Ditto for the banjoman.

Quote:
FYI, I worked harder and longer hours in college, especially since I also had a job, than after. Never thought I would live to see the day when too many Americans actually fight against education of their citizens and leaders!
Then obviously you have a very dead end career if your job is easier than college. We have seen highly educated boobs like Obama and Carter make a mess of the country. Maybe it is time to go the route of someone different.

Quote:
No. I moved from asking for statistics to back up a claim; to looking into which small businesses do not require a college degree and why, to realizing that the original claim about the number of small business owners without college degrees is meaningless in the context of a president of the United States.
No, you shifted your focus AFTER you had the answer you didn't like.

Old 04-04-2015, 08:45 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
A person can't get a job as secretary in the White House without a degree.

You need a degree to be a commissioned officer in the military.

You can't join the FBI, the CIA or virtually any federal position without a college degree.

Should we remove the college requirement from these positions so we don't have all federal employees with more education than the president? After all, he would be their boss.
I am not a SW supporter(Rand Paul 2016!), but I couldn't care less that he lacks a degree.

I have two of them if it matters.

Old 04-05-2015, 12:59 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
You had better present those degrees for approval to the Committee for Walkerphobia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
I am not a SW supporter(Rand Paul 2016!), but I couldn't care less that he lacks a degree.

I have two of them if it matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections