Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2015, 07:08 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,576,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Cruz will stand for constitutional government, a free society, a strong economy, the securing of our borders, and America as the number one world power.
More like Cruz will be the biggest reason not to vote Republican. This guy reminds me of "Jim Jones" with his devout followers and Kool Aid drinkers.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:15 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,594 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What is to answer. The truth was presented to you. You don't have to like it or accept it.
The mushy middle has proved time and time again, to be a waste of time and resources for the GOP.
I asked you to tell me Why Ted Cruz would be a good President. That was the point of you responding to me, and you never answered that question. Did you forget ?????

Also, the middle is who you need to get to win the Presidency, your Base + Conservative independents only adds up to about 46% of the electorate.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:41 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I asked you to tell me Why Ted Cruz would be a good President. That was the point of you responding to me, and you never answered that question. Did you forget ?????

Also, the middle is who you need to get to win the Presidency, your Base + Conservative independents only adds up to about 46% of the electorate.

I have told you over and over for the last two years and you refuse to listen.

Some can talk the talk, but he is the only one so far that has walked the walk.

Go find someone to blow the smoke up your ass, to make you feel good and never act to do anything about it.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have told you over and over for the last two years and you refuse to listen.

Some can talk the talk, but he is the only one so far that has walked the walk.

Go find someone to blow the smoke up your ass, to make you feel good and never act to do anything about it.
Actually, I rarely talk about or even post in threads about Ted Cruz, so you either werent talking to me, or you interacted with me in a thread about the government shut down(2 years ago), either way, neither was about why he would be a good president.

So in short, stop dodging the question or admit you cant answer it. And even if you believe you had explained it to me at some point in the last 2 years, why not simply answer the question now ?

Old 03-23-2015, 08:03 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,532,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Cruz has less experience then Obama did...how does he get around that?
You are exactly wrong. Cruz has quite a lot more experience than Obama, and unlike Obama, Ted Cruz actually IS a constitutional scholar, as he has presented before the Supreme Court and taught law classes about Supreme Court Litigation.

Here is a summary of the highlights of Ted Cruz's resume
  • Cruz served as a law clerk to J. Michael Luttig of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit in 1995 and William Rehnquist, Chief Justice of the United States in 1996. Cruz was the first Hispanic to clerk for a Chief Justice of the United States.
  • After Cruz finished his clerkships, he took a position with Cooper, Carvin & Rosenthal, which is now known as Cooper & Kirk, LLC, from 1997 to 1998. While with the firm, Cruz worked on matters relating to the National Rifle Association, and helped prepare testimony for the impeachment proceedings against President Clinton. Cruz also served as private counsel for Congressman John Boehner during Boehner's lawsuit against Congressman Jim McDermott for releasing a tape recording of a Boehner telephone conversation.
  • Between 1999 and 2003, Cruz served as the director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission, an associate deputy attorney general at the United States Department of Justice, and as domestic policy advisor to U.S. President George W. Bush on the 2000 Bush-Cheney campaign.
  • He served as Solicitor General of Texas from 2003 to May 2008, after being appointed by Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott. He was the first Hispanic, the youngest and the longest-serving solicitor general in Texas history.
  • Cruz was also an adjunct professor of law at the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, from 2004 to 2009. While there, he taught U.S. Supreme Court litigation.
  • Cruz is one of three Latinos in the Senate; the others—also Americans of Cuban ancestry—are fellow Republican Marco Rubio of Florida and Democrat Bob Menendez of New Jersey.
  • Cruz is the first Hispanic or Cuban American to serve as a U.S. senator from Texas.
  • He is the chairman of the subcommittee on the Oversight, Agency Action, Federal Rights and Federal Courts, U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee.
  • He is also the chairman of the subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness, U.S. Senate Commerce Committee.
There is a lot more. Ted Cruz's academic background is stellar, far superior to Barack Obama. If someone else wants to post something on that, I will leave you to it.

Of course this background compares to Obama's experience as a community organizer and a guest lecturer at the University of Chicago law school who spoke on racial topics. Also, Obama was never a chairman of anything in the Senate. He was just a place holder who did not provide any leadership on anything.

Ted Cruz truly has one of the most elite legal backgrounds in the United States of America. That is not an exaggeration. It is a fact. And one that Barack Obama himself knows he cannot hold a candle to. The same comparison also applies to Hillary Clinton as well.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:11 PM

35,738 posts, read 21,093,433 times
he will shoot his best shot and before long the lights will dim-

Old 03-23-2015, 08:24 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,011,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
he will shoot his best shot and before long the lights will dim-
Ouch...

Old 03-23-2015, 08:26 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,891,264 times
Default Cruz should not be unestamated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
He had a career as a state legislator, which Cruz did not. And Obama was in the Senate as long as Cruz has been. He is in a crowded field of experienced, sane governors...he doesn't stand a chance.
Cruz may not win, but he will tighten up the message with the GOP and even force Jeb to have a better game on Immigration.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:31 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,088,316 times
Gov. Moonbeam of CA. says Cruz is unqualified to run for president because he is a climate change denier.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
You are exactly wrong. Cruz has quite a lot more experience than Obama, and unlike Obama, Ted Cruz actually IS a constitutional scholar, as he has presented before the Supreme Court and taught law classes about Supreme Court Litigation.

Here is a summary of the highlights of Ted Cruz's resume
  • Cruz served as a law clerk to J. Michael Luttig of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit in 1995 and William Rehnquist, Chief Justice of the United States in 1996. Cruz was the first Hispanic to clerk for a Chief Justice of the United States.
  • After Cruz finished his clerkships, he took a position with Cooper, Carvin & Rosenthal, which is now known as Cooper & Kirk, LLC, from 1997 to 1998. While with the firm, Cruz worked on matters relating to the National Rifle Association, and helped prepare testimony for the impeachment proceedings against President Clinton. Cruz also served as private counsel for Congressman John Boehner during Boehner's lawsuit against Congressman Jim McDermott for releasing a tape recording of a Boehner telephone conversation.
  • Between 1999 and 2003, Cruz served as the director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission, an associate deputy attorney general at the United States Department of Justice, and as domestic policy advisor to U.S. President George W. Bush on the 2000 Bush-Cheney campaign.
  • He served as Solicitor General of Texas from 2003 to May 2008, after being appointed by Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott. He was the first Hispanic, the youngest and the longest-serving solicitor general in Texas history.
  • Cruz was also an adjunct professor of law at the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, from 2004 to 2009. While there, he taught U.S. Supreme Court litigation.
  • Cruz is one of three Latinos in the Senate; the others—also Americans of Cuban ancestry—are fellow Republican Marco Rubio of Florida and Democrat Bob Menendez of New Jersey.
  • Cruz is the first Hispanic or Cuban American to serve as a U.S. senator from Texas.
  • He is the chairman of the subcommittee on the Oversight, Agency Action, Federal Rights and Federal Courts, U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee.
  • He is also the chairman of the subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness, U.S. Senate Commerce Committee.
Everything in Bold does not matter to your point as simply working at a law firm or being the first Latino anything is not a qualification.

Quote:
There is a lot more. Ted Cruz's academic background is stellar, far superior to Barack Obama. If someone else wants to post something on that, I will leave you to it.
I dont know anything about Ted Cruz's academic, but you posted nothing to back up your claim that it was better than Barack Obama's.

Quote:
Of course this background compares to Obama's experience as a community organizer and a guest lecturer at the University of Chicago law school who spoke on racial topics.
Barack Obama worked for multiple law firms just as Ted Cruz did.

And Ted Cruz was a adjunct professor where as Barack Obama was a guest lecturer and then promoted to Senior Lecturer. You seem to be condescending to the title of lecturer, but not adjunct professor as if you dont actually understand the terms so let me spell it out for you.

They are basically the same thing. The only difference is that an adjunct professor has to grade papers, where as a lecturer usually doesnt.

Quote:
Also, Obama was never a chairman of anything in the Senate. He was just a place holder who did not provide any leadership on anything.
this is what happens when you are so blinded by your ideology that you do not attempt to conduct research before you make an outlandish claim that can easily be refuted. Barack Obama was indeed a chairman when he was in the senate. In fact, all senators in the majority hold at least one chairmanship. It is an unwritten rule in congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections