Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 03:32 PM

419 posts, read 2,019,424 times

Advertisements

It is a case of David vs Golith with NBC (backed up the Billion Dollar legal team from General Electric) trying to pull favors with the Court of Appeals to stop Dennis Kuninich from appearing in tonight Democratic Debate. Dennis has already won in a lower court, after he was invited and then disinivited to the debate. Instead of just accpting the Judges ruling, NBC has now demanded a quick same day appeal from the full Court of Appeals. A decision will be reached by this evening.

I wonder if NBC is forced to include Dennis Kuninch, will they make an effort to just ignore him and not allow him to answer any questions.

Should BIG MEDIA be allowed to invite him to the debate and then change their mind and disivite him? Should they keep appealing all the way to the Supreme Court until the moment the Debate starts to keep him out?

"NBC appeals Kucinich ruling" by Politics: The Early Line - Las Vegas Sun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 03:37 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
What? That can't be! I thought it was only the "evil" Fox News network that does that kind of thing?

Old 01-15-2008, 04:15 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
This is totally absurd. You cannot invite someone to a PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE and then change your mind. You have invited and that's the end of the story. I don't like Kuicinich (or however you spell the name) enough to vote for him but its absurd that they will go to an APPEALS court over the matter. What is going on in their heads?

Old 01-15-2008, 05:27 PM

774 posts, read 2,497,025 times
NBC isn't here to provide a forum for every person who declares to be running for President - it's to provide what it believes to be news-worthy, which in this case, means limiting the discussion to the three top Democratic candidate. The "breach of contract" claim that's being made is tenuous, at best. From my view, this is no different than NBC "dis-inviting" someone from an interview on Dateline or the Today Show.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:30 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
It is a case of David vs Golith with NBC (backed up the Billion Dollar legal team from General Electric) trying to pull favors with the Court of Appeals to stop Dennis Kuninich from appearing in tonight Democratic Debate. Dennis has already won in a lower court, after he was invited and then disinivited to the debate. Instead of just accpting the Judges ruling, NBC has now demanded a quick same day appeal from the full Court of Appeals. A decision will be reached by this evening.

I wonder if NBC is forced to include Dennis Kuninch, will they make an effort to just ignore him and not allow him to answer any questions.

Should BIG MEDIA be allowed to invite him to the debate and then change their mind and disivite him? Should they keep appealing all the way to the Supreme Court until the moment the Debate starts to keep him out?

"NBC appeals Kucinich ruling" by Politics: The Early Line - Las Vegas Sun
Kucinich should stay in the race and run in the fall. Then he can sue everyone who doesn't vote for him.

I used to like the little shrimp. His wife is griddle-smackin hot. But enough is enough.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:38 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,908,252 times
This type of thing just proves the Democratic party is bull****! I don't think any of the party should do the debate. Stand behind your fellow American! Any candidate who legitimally seeks office should be given the same opportunity as any other candidate. Discrimination? how many of the candidates work for the federal government? Well I guess this makes us look as bad as China !

Last edited by firemed; 01-15-2008 at 06:49 PM..

Old 01-15-2008, 06:39 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,539,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
NBC isn't here to provide a forum for every person who declares to be running for President - it's to provide what it believes to be news-worthy, which in this case, means limiting the discussion to the three top Democratic candidate. The "breach of contract" claim that's being made is tenuous, at best. From my view, this is no different than NBC "dis-inviting" someone from an interview on Dateline or the Today Show.
Dateline and Today show type news is about what our presidential info has turned into, so I guess you are correct. Provided for our entertainment, NOT for our knowledge of the candidates.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:51 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,673,526 times
I think it is sad that people have no idea who he is or what he stands for. Who are they to tell us who is important in this race? Isn't it up to us.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:59 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,908,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I think it is sad that people have no idea who he is or what he stands for. Who are they to tell us who is important in this race? Isn't it up to us.
This is a sad election this is just the PRIMARIES. Anyone with a dd-214 or in office of any kind should not stand for this. What in the hell happen to this country?

Old 01-15-2008, 07:06 PM

419 posts, read 2,019,424 times
Of course with better high paid and connected Lawyers, poor Dennis lost and will now be barred from the Debate. Big money, big media and big business wins again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections