Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 10:10 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
I kinda like him not allowing a reporter to get away with anything. It is clear the reporter was just digging up dirt and wanted a comfrontation so he could go back and write about it.
Many reporters are after him because he is the front runner and has many on both sides worried about him.
This reporter better be careful, ole Mitt can make a phone call and he will be writing in the traffic section of his local newspaper.

What will the people do if this guy gets the nomination? I can see it now. He only won because he is worth billions...................
Even whiny butted McCain is complaining about his money. Too bad John Boy, you shouldnt have voted for amnesty.
Since when did Mitt become the front runner of the GOP race?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 12:03 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,758,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Since when did Mitt become the front runner of the GOP race?
Technically, he's been the frontrunner since even before Iowa if you define frontrunner as the leader in commited delegates. He had quite a few commited delegates well before Iowa caucused.

The current scoreboard per CNN election center reads:
Romney - 48
Huckabee - 19
McCain - 15
Thompson - 6
Paul -2
Hunter - 1
Guiliani - 1

Last edited by Stormcrow73; 01-18-2008 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: typo, added rudy

Old 01-18-2008, 12:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,214 times
What is it that none of you like about Romney? Because up until now the only real legitimate complaints I've heard anyone offer about Romney is that 1. He is Mormon, and 2. He is rich. As for 1, why does everyone care so much? If we're going to attack a candidate because of his religion, lets be fair and dig up all of the candidates beliefs and religious preference. I at least find it refreshing that Romney doesn't parade his religion around like Huckabee, trying to win the votes of the Christians through his preaching rather than his government policy. Have any of you even read the New York Times, or the Los Angeles Times and heard them compare the Republican candidates on a real topic like the economic state of America and the recession? None of the Candidates, besides Romney, know anything about the economy or monetary and fiscal policy. Their solutions range from McCain's "The issue of economics is not something I’ve understood as well as I should" to Giuliani's huge permanent tax cut (yeah right). The fact is, Romney is the only one with any real experience in this area, and the only one with the vision to bring us out of the economic slump we are currently experiencing.

Oh, and on 2, giving a candidate a bad rap because he's rich is the poorest argument I think I've ever heard.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:43 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSmart View Post
What is it that none of you like about Romney? Because up until now the only real legitimate complaints I've heard anyone offer about Romney is that 1. He is Mormon, and 2. He is rich. As for 1, why does everyone care so much? If we're going to attack a candidate because of his religion, lets be fair and dig up all of the candidates beliefs and religious preference. I at least find it refreshing that Romney doesn't parade his religion around like Huckabee, trying to win the votes of the Christians through his preaching rather than his government policy. Have any of you even read the New York Times, or the Los Angeles Times and heard them compare the Republican candidates on a real topic like the economic state of America and the recession? None of the Candidates, besides Romney, know anything about the economy or monetary and fiscal policy. Their solutions range from McCain's "The issue of economics is not something I’ve understood as well as I should" to Giuliani's huge permanent tax cut (yeah right). The fact is, Romney is the only one with any real experience in this area, and the only one with the vision to bring us out of the economic slump we are currently experiencing.

Oh, and on 2, giving a candidate a bad rap because he's rich is the poorest argument I think I've ever heard.
And 3. He Flip Flops on every major issue.

And 4. He uses too much Hair Gel.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:47 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,758,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post

LOL

5. His smug, better-than-thou smirk belies the fact that he's pro big business and pro big government. I'm no bleeding heart liberal, but he won't take care of the average American.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:49 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,088,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I don't believe anything Romney has to say.
We believe very little of what YOU have to say.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:50 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,581,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
LOL

5. His smug, better-than-thou smirk belies the fact that he's pro big business and pro big government. I'm no bleeding heart liberal, but he won't take care of the average American.
So you don't like the way he looks?

Old 01-18-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Pulling another Romney. This guy is better than Bill Clinton at trying to parse words and wriggle out of situations.
No you are wrong once again. Romney like all the candidates have many lobbyists in the campaigns, as advisors or other, but usually not running them.
This was reported on the three major news networks. Now, please re-read this.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
LOL

Just the opposite, because Romney's business econmic expertise is exactly what can and will save our country. It's either a Washington insider who knows little about how to really put economics to work for the PEOPLE, or an outsider who does know. Perot would have changed our country so drastically for the better with his economic business expertise, but Americans were too ignorant to vote him in, the smart ones had to write his name on ballot...and this got him 20% of vote.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,214 times
Quote:

Are you talking about his position on Abortion? It's true, if I were to just focus on what the media says and didn't do any of my own research, I'd probably be discouraged with a candidate that has changed his position on that issue, but lets get real, there are always two sides to every story, and he has been through a lot since his initial support of abortion, a lot that has changed the way he feels about the issue.

Before you become to critical, be honest and ask yourself if you have every changed your opinion on an issue after becoming more educated on a topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections