Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 08:33 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times

Advertisements

Ben Carson

If he is serious, they will do to him, what they did to Herman Cain.....
They will smear him, and that is how you can tell, he will not be owned by the corporations....

Do you like what he has to say?

I want a president who is going to close the borders

stop pork barrel spending and deal with our deficit

not start a war so the rich get richer

clean up American schools and bring good education back

expose the corruption in Washington....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 08:43 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,397 times
His sole qualification? He dislikes Obama. Well, THAT will certainly set him apart from other GOP candidates.

He does not have enough of a personality to get elected. And before you wet yourself, it's not my rule...just the way my country prefers to elect their leaders.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:29 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
His sole qualification? He dislikes Obama. Well, THAT will certainly set him apart from other GOP candidates.

He does not have enough of a personality to get elected. And before you wet yourself, it's not my rule...just the way my country prefers to elect their leaders.
how about we wait and see if he has enough personality to get elected? right now the front runners are there only because the media is pushing them harder than the rest. you might want to note that the front runners at this point in the election cycle usually dont end up winning in the end.

so how about we wait until the primary season is in full swing before casting carson onto the also ran heap.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:43 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
how about we wait and see if he has enough personality to get elected? right now the front runners are there only because the media is pushing them harder than the rest. you might want to note that the front runners at this point in the election cycle usually dont end up winning in the end.

so how about we wait until the primary season is in full swing before casting carson onto the also ran heap.
This time in 2007, Hillary and Giuliani were the front runners.

Far more challenging this go around will be how the GOP/ media determines which wannabes will be allowed to debate versus being shut out. What criteria will be used? Polling? Fund raising? Hair?

Old 05-06-2015, 10:45 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,299,771 times
He's anti gay which is enough of a turn off for me. Let's not go down that road again.

I am also pro single payer system which he is against. No thanks.

Still waiting on Jim Webb...

Old 05-06-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post

that isn't his sole qualification....not in the least..

Old 05-06-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

I like the way you think, however, it was the same with Cain, if I may remind you, not many people knew who he was, and they left him alone, but when he started opening his mouth, people sat up and listened....
and that scared the rest of them, but good.....b/c he said a lot of the same things Ben Carson said, except I didn't care for his thoughts on the economy, but as I said, we cannot have it all....

Old 05-06-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
He's anti gay which is enough of a turn off for me. Let's not go down that road again.

I am also pro single payer system which he is against. No thanks.

Still waiting on Jim Webb...
just b/c he is anti gay doesn't mean anything....I don't believe in a gay life style, however, I don't dislike people for what they do in the bedroom....that is their business....not mine...and they are people, human beings....period....so, that to me is a none issue....

Just b/c someone doesn't have the same belief system I do, doesn't mean they'd be bad at their job.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:01 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,299,771 times
I don't want a President to speak openly about restricting say, the military or marriage to just straight people. I don't mind what someone believes, they should live their life personally as an example to those beliefs however I don't believe that the President of the United States should endorse discrimination against another set of people.

That said, I'm so over the Republican Party.

I am an American working to help the British Conservative Party in the UK for their election tomorrow. What America needs is a Conservative Party that is closer to what the UK Conservatives are, leave that social conservativism aside.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
I don't want a President to speak openly about restricting say, the military or marriage to just straight people. I don't mind what someone believes, they should live their life personally as an example to those beliefs however I don't believe that the President of the United States should endorse discrimination against another set of people.

That said, I'm so over the Republican Party.

I am an American working to help the British Conservative Party in the UK for their election tomorrow. What America needs is a Conservative Party that is closer to what the UK Conservatives are, leave that social conservativism aside.
1) On whether being gay is a choice: "Because a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight—and when they come out, they're gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question."

Where does Carson say, he is restricting gays? He said he believes Gay is a choice, in most cases, not all, I believe to....but that doesn't mean I'd restrict them from the military or marriage? Where does Carson say that?

What doe the British Conservative have to offer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections