Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2016, 02:34 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,125,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Patience, little birdy. You are peeping far too soon and far too loudly.

No one is going to get dumped until the race is run and done. That's how the system works. For all we know right now, by November, we could be voting for either O'Malley or Huckabee. There's a mighty long road to travel before anyone is dumped.
I am excercising my freedom of speech--something a lot of liberals hate, I understand. You only like freedom of YOUR speech.

However, an awful lot of liberals agree with me on this one. Hillary is garbage even by your standards, which is why I urge you to get rid of her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 02:48 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,540,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
However, an awful lot of liberals agree with me on this one. Hillary is garbage even by your standards, which is why I urge you to get rid of her.
Why would the Dems take out their garbage when the GOP is still hanging on to Trump and Cruz?

Old 01-11-2016, 03:12 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,902,095 times
Quote:
I am excercising my freedom of speech--something a lot of liberals hate, I understand. You only like freedom of YOUR speech.

Are you kidding? I am liberal and love the 1st Amendment It's actually more fun if people DON'T agree with me--it would be kind of boring if we all agreed on the same things, don't you think? There are some people who are overly sensitive and get offended easily but there are bigger worries in life than what offended you on the internet today...lol.

Yes, I am as liberal and Democrat as they come and the last thing in the world I want is for Hillary to be the Democratic nominee. I think that she has serious issues with integrity--so it isn't just Republicans that feel this way. I don't want a POTUS that I feel I cannot trust to do the ethical thing. Her ideology is actually not all that liberal (to me)--she supported the war, still has a hawkish stance towards international relations, is pro-death penalty, and only recently switched from being anti- to pro-equality for same-sex marriage rights. Republicans say they have RINOS...so I wonder if these things make her a DINO?!

Anyways, there are a number of Democrats who are not excited about Hillary are will vote for her simply for the "vote blue, no matter who". I will vote Sanders for sure in the primary. If Sanders is not the nominee, then I will have to think about what I will do come the general.

Old 01-11-2016, 03:13 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,125,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Why would the Dems take out their garbage when the GOP is still hanging on to Trump and Cruz?
Why would you independently excercise ethical standards? I guess that is something that seldom occurs to a lefty.

In any event, I am not a Trump supporter, but the latest polling shows that he will split off 20% from the Dems. He speaks for a lot of Americans who have been silenced by politcal correctness/facism. He will probably beat Hillary if he wins the nomination, but I am still not convinced that he will get it. I am voting for Rubio myself.

Old 01-11-2016, 03:31 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,540,756 times
Quote:
Why would you independently excercise ethical standards? I guess that is something that seldom occurs to a lefty.
It's you who's proposing unilateral action on the part of the Dems. You're a GOP supporter, why not clean up your own party before pointing fingers at the other one? Is that something that ever occurs to a rightie?

fwiw, I think it's good that both political parties let the process play out and let voters have the chance to consider all the candidates at this stage.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:00 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,389,875 times
Quote:

Oh, no I'm not. Exercise away.
But don't put words in my mouth when you do it. I never said a word about my standards or anything at all about Hillary either.

Why do you try to restrict my freedom of speech with your fabulations? An awful lot of conservatives will agree with me on this one.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:58 PM

1,009 posts, read 709,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
Sucks for the GOP that cankles is going to slaughter them come 2016.

Bill Clinton first First Man of the White House, lolol
We shall see Lol

Old 01-11-2016, 08:17 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,123,736 times
I can't be 100% behind Hillary . . . . I just wish there was a sane, smart and decent human being on the GOP side that I can support. . . . Jon Huntsman would get my vote without hesitation.

Mick

Old 01-11-2016, 08:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,151,352 times
Quote:
So your new standard is, our candidate is garbage and thats fine given who they have?

Sounds like a weird standard to have but ok.. go with it

Old 01-11-2016, 08:22 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,151,352 times
Quote:
It's you who's proposing unilateral action on the part of the Dems. You're a GOP supporter, why not clean up your own party before pointing fingers at the other one? Is that something that ever occurs to a rightie?

fwiw, I think it's good that both political parties let the process play out and let voters have the chance to consider all the candidates at this stage.
ooohhh biscuitmom, you clearly misunderstand the fact that the right is laughing at the Dems choice, there isnt any call for unilateral action, we're just trying to allow you guys to have some standards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections