Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 10:11 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Not going to waste more than this Here.... As Huckabee stated y'day, Bogus Court IS NOT THE SUPREME BEING !!

Sure you don't Know Who He IS either.
Would be a damn good argument, had we lived in, say, Saudi Arabia. We don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 10:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
does posting a really stupid question make you happy? This is really among the dumbest questions I have seen asked recently>...Regardless of your left leaning views, I am surprised you would bother with a question like this.

Old 06-28-2015, 04:06 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,131,048 times
No, because they'd fail miserably.

History lesson: the last time a Federal Marriage Amendment was debated in Congress was 2006. It seemed like the perfect time to pass the FMA; only Massachusetts had same-sex marriage, state after state was still passing constitutional bans on marrying gay couples, the sitting President at the time was in favor of the FMA, and most Americans at the time were against same-sex marriage. Surely, in those conditions, an amendment to ban same-sex marriage might have succeeded.

After clearing committee, the amendment made it to the floors of both houses of Congress for a full debate. That's where the FMA began to unravel. A motion to have a direct vote on the FMA in the Senate failed 48-49. Likewise, the House voted 236-187 to pass the FMA; while 236 is a majority, the amendment needed 290 votes in favor. The FMA died; it has been periodically revived by Republican legislators in the years since, but none of the proposals even cleared committee.

If the FMA failed then, there's no way in hell it's happening now.

- skbl17

Old 06-28-2015, 08:46 PM

34,062 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Not going to waste more than this Here.... As Huckabee stated y'day, Bogus Court IS NOT THE SUPREME BEING !!

Judging by his putrid tv ratings, not many knew he existed.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:09 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times
"So far, they're the only adults in the room on this issue among Republican Presidential candidates, and they're the only ones treating their prospective voters like adults - the rest of the candidates are treating the GOP primary and caucus electorate like fools.

And what do you have to back up this rather stupid statement?
I am sure Mr. Trump is taking the electorate very seriously.

Bob.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:16 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:

When ever I hear the name Huckabee, I put him in the same class of the reverend Farwell during the Reagan presidency.
He told Reagan to not allow funds for aids research because the "**** were going against God's word, and they deserved to get aids".
Sadly a-hole Reagan did just as the jerk requested, and it wasn't until Reagan was out of office that funding was approved.
So I compare nutcase Huckabee as being another Farwell.

Bob.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:13 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
When ever I hear the name Huckabee, I put him in the same class of the reverend Farwell during the Reagan presidency.
He told Reagan to not allow funds for aids research because the "**** were going against God's word, and they deserved to get aids".
Sadly a-hole Reagan did just as the jerk requested, and it wasn't until Reagan was out of office that funding was approved.
So I compare nutcase Huckabee as being another Farwell.

Bob.
I believe you mean Jerry Falwell, but yes, you're right. Huckabee is similar to him in a lot of ways.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:25 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Haven't the Republicans wasted enough time and money on social issues---abortion rights, gay rights, etc. Live your values, don't get abortions or gay married if it goes against your religious beliefs BUT let our law makers get back to issues that keep us safe from foreign countries, creates jobs and rebuilds our infrastructure!

Old 06-29-2015, 08:17 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Walker is not advocating for a constitutional ban on gay marriage. He is advocating for a constitutional amendment that would empower the states to make their own decisions re: gay marriage.

Scott Walker calls for Constitutional amendment to let states define marriage - POLITICO
And guess what those decisions would be? I'll give you a hint about Scot Walker's

Quote:
He went on to say he was defending the state's constitutional ban on same-sex marriage. He said he swore an oath to uphold the constitution and he supports "marriage between one man and one woman."
Scott Walker outlines abortion, gay marriage positions in letter

Old 06-29-2015, 09:49 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Reports on ABC, NBC just Now of Much resistance from State Government's of Alabama, Texas and more States. Say they will not have same-sex marriages until All Appeals have been finished...
Really? Because same-sex marriages are taking place in Texas right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections