Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 12:25 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times

Advertisements

Basically Trump's screeds about Mexicans is really forcing the other GOP candidates to confront their own positions about immigration policy with the reality that a lot of their primary base responds well to xenophobic fear mongering. It puts them in a bind.

That's why Trump is polling surprisingly well for now, though he won't last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 12:58 AM

8,551 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Basically Trump's screeds about Mexicans is really forcing the other GOP candidates to confront their own positions about immigration policy with the reality that a lot of their primary base responds well to xenophobic fear mongering. It puts them in a bind.

That's why Trump is polling surprisingly well for now, though he won't last.
What solid proof do you have that he won't last?
Easy to spout off at the mouth,now how about backing up what you say with some solid evidence, instead of flapping your gums.

Bob.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:58 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You know I am not so sure of that. I know a lot of people believe me, in business, and family and a lot of friends.

Many many who use to not give Trump any thought at all, are listening and I mean very attentively.

A couple of these guys, could not stand him, now saying to me, you know he makes a lot of sense, has ba--s and is not afraid to speak the damn truth.

Three of the couples admitted that it is refreshing, for a change for someone who actually wants this problem to be solved, and is not afraid to call out Mexico, where a lot of the trouble is coming from

Open border with a one way ticket as one guy said to me.
Our career politicians are interested in one thing only, and that is themselves, and remaining in office. They believe that if they go against the current thinking, they will lose their seat. This is why the Republicans have become the "Go-along-to-get-along" Party, and this is why so many say that Republicans have nothing to offer.

If Republicans would stand up for what they claim to believe, and speak out like Donald does, it would be "no contest." Democrats would lose every time, because it has been Democrat policies that have created the mess we are in, with this weak economy and high unemployment (the actual figure, as some have stated, is in double digits).

Old 07-07-2015, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The left keeps dismissing the fact that there is a high percentage of blacks that commit crimes in proportion to their population numbers. The left keeps dismissing the fact that many illegal aliens commit many crimes including felony ID theft. No, it is the left that keeps dismissing the facts. I don't know of a single white male/person who denies anything about any crimes committed regardless of their race.

Your racism and hatred against whites comes shining through in your post as usual. You are trying to stereotype white males as vile individuals. Shame on you!
Exactly right, and the bolded was my first thought upon reading that post.

Old 07-07-2015, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I love what Donald Trump is doing, and I hope he keeps it up!

Because for an eeeeebil Librul like me, the best thing Republicans can do is to be honest, forthright, loud, and proud about what they believe. It's great because Republicans make themselves unelectable when they get caught saying what they really believe.
^^Not sure what this means (bolded).

The problem Republicans have is that they do not speak their mind. If they did, it would be "no contest."

What you think they really believe is not what they believe. This is because you believe all the "librul" lies that Democrats tell.

Why don't you try thinking for yourself?

Old 07-07-2015, 04:50 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Clinton is a former senator and Secretary of State who has been a mainstay in US politics for 25 years. Trump is a former reality tv star. Only to a rightwingnut do these two look remotely the same.
Until she ran as a carpetbagging candidate for US Senate in 2000, she had zero experience other than being Bill's wife. She was an Arkansas lawyer whose primary claim to fame was her participation in a variety of harebrained money-making schemes, from Whitewater to Cattlegate to Travelgate. All of the harebrained Clinton scandals from the 80's and 90's had Hillary's fingerprints on them, not Bill's. Bill only cared about politics and skirts; he was never much interested in the acquisition of money until later.

So there is a certain parallel between Trump and Hillary. Both had dubious records outside of politics, and both decided that they belonged at the top from the start.

Old 07-07-2015, 04:58 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
Trump is going to the debates and he will make mincemeat of most of those phonies....

Old 07-07-2015, 05:04 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Until she ran as a carpetbagging candidate for US Senate in 2000, she had zero experience other than being Bill's wife. She was an Arkansas lawyer whose primary claim to fame was her participation in a variety of harebrained money-making schemes, from Whitewater to Cattlegate to Travelgate. All of the harebrained Clinton scandals from the 80's and 90's had Hillary's fingerprints on them, not Bill's. Bill only cared about politics and skirts; he was never much interested in the acquisition of money until later.

So there is a certain parallel between Trump and Hillary. Both had dubious records outside of politics, and both decided that they belonged at the top from the start.
Hmmm... I want to concede some of your points, but I don't really agree. True, Hillary in 2000 had a thin resume and traded some celebrity to run for a higher office than was perhaps warranted. However, that was 15 years ago. I get people don't like her or agree with her policies, but please concede she's about as qualified as any can be to run for president. Trump is just a clown making noise. If he ran for senator and 10 years from now ran for president I'd take him off the clown list. As it is though, the guy is just goofing around. The Republican Party is in a sad state if it continues to take him seriously.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:08 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
My cat stands a better chance of being nominated than Trump. He is a loud mouth buffoon and has such radical opinions that put him outside of most people's view of reality.

He is only there for the entertainment factor.

Don

Old 07-07-2015, 07:26 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Trump knocking off Jeb is the best case scenario for the Democrats, actually.

You have no idea how much dirt (including that coming out of his own mouth) will get out there before November 2016. Among other things, he is notorious for "dry humping" (not my words) aspiring models and subordinates. I think those rumors are true, based on what I have personally heard (my former employer used to work with Mister Trump, and the legends were abound there).

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections