Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2015, 08:22 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
What does PT Barnum have to do with this?

And actually, promotion can be done without or minimizing negativity.

So you want a clean sanitized campaign without, or minimal, negativity. You no doubt want candidates who have been white washed and prepackaged to hide the truth. Politics has always been a dirty business. Normally the neg. campaign adds are saved
until just before the party nomination and then again when the nominees are closer to election day.
Trump comes out of the gate slinging mud and turns the process on its head. He is taking the fight to them and they don't
know how to respond. So they fallback, regroup, and participate in the mud slinging. The challenge they have
is that Trump's mud slinging is the truth, and there is not one bit of truth in the position of the status quo.

The status quo are doing to domestic politics what they do in foreign policy.
Demonize the enemy to gather support. Then silence them by whatever means necessary.

Here are a few examples of the lizard skinned creachers emerging from the pond scum of political correctness.

Gov. Scott Walker says we should never ever question the patriotism and heroism of someone like McCain.
If that were true no candidate would be vetted by any party. It is our duty as voters to question everything.

Gov. Bobby Jindal says you need to be a POW for six years to be able comment on McCain.
Not many poster's on c-d could do that I bet. So you all need to just shut-up is what he is saying

Gov. Richardson and Gov Perry both are trying to silence Trump by calling for a political conspiracy to keep
Trump out of the debates.
This is a tactic best compared to the illegal practice of price fixing.

Sen. Lindsey Graham says Trump has insulted everyone who has ever served in the military.
McCain fired the first volley across Trump's bow. Trump fired back. All is fair in love and war.
Did McCain think that there were no veterans among those Trump supporters he labeled crazies,
or did he just think that their voice shouldn't be heard ?

This is just a few of the slimy snakes on parade who would remove your first amendment rights if you criticize them.
They think the American people are stupid and if you agree with them you can't claim otherwise.
Once again they want you to decide on personality not issues and media is the ever fateful companion.

Last edited by phma; 07-20-2015 at 08:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 08:24 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
McCain deserves what he gets, he's a traitor to the US Constitution and it's laws. He's a panderer for votes to stay in power for the rest of his short life like the rest of them. If he can call people crazies he can be ridiculed as well.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:29 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
John McCain is a WAR Hero!!!! Until Trump opened his mouth, without THINKING, again, I thought I could see him as the POTUS! That all changed. 5 Servicemen, were killed in a domestic terror attack last week, and if the man has no brains or class to take back his evil words, I say, go crawl back under that rock he decided to crawl out of!

As a proud daughter of a WWII Army/Air Force veteran pilot; an uncle that is a Navy veteran, of WWII; and ALSO very proud of my son, daughter and grandchildren, cousins, that have or are serving our country. A grateful thanks, to my family and all servicemen, women and their families!!

Trump stepped over a line that can never be erased....I am glad he showed his TRUE colors!!!!!

Trump, you can go away now!!!!!
I'm a proud mother of an Air Force Veteran, and proud of each and every person who serves in the Military I say to you, grow a set....this comment Trump made was against McCain and no one else, period!

Poop happens lady....people don't always click....and in my opinion, war hero or not, McCain has done nothing, but nothing for our Veterans...our vet hospitals are so friggin primitive, they don't deserve this kind of treatment. Apparently you don't know anyone who has suffered life changing injuries....and has been forced to depend on the little that our Government gives these people....

Things need to change, and McCain hasn't fulfilled his position....

It is obvious Trump doesn't like McCain...but instead, the political lifers seem to be afraid of him.

There have been obvious snyd remarks from all sectors of our political forum....and there will be more in the future...

you can be as mad as you like....and take it personal, however, that is the problem with America today...a bunch of whinny misfits who don't know how to be men/women and shrug off negative comments....

Over the years, there have been terrible things said about Trump, or about anyone in the limelight, where have you been

Oh and what about McCains stupid comments calling people Crazies? That's ok?

Old 07-20-2015, 08:30 AM

26,581 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump has already said that many materials that he has to buy to build his skyscrapers , he can't find factories to produce what he needs.
that's skyscrapers, not clothing. there is nothing i know of that trump would need to manufacture a line of clothing that he can't get from inside the US.

Quote:
Many things are manufactured in China because the tax put on companies by our government and the manipulation of money by China make it harder to make a profit.
then US made goods would have to cost more and, if the quality justifies the added cost, i believe the market would support it.

Quote:
We are a service industry.. we make very little product. If you can't believe that, then you don't want to know the truth of what has happened.
who said i don't believe that? i agreed with your previous comment. i only added the "probably" because i haven't researched if your "5/95%" breakdown was exactly correct. it still doesn't change the fact that trump could have his clothing line manufactured in the US.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:31 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I'm convinced Trump's campaign is not a real run for the presidency especially in light of him disparaging McCain's five years in a POW Camp.Trump wouldn't last five days in a Motel 6
That's what I've been thinking. I still don't believe he is serious. I think his ego is too big to be rejected in a real election.

To my knowledge, the only person he has not attacked in the GOP, and who he seem to has support from is Ted Cruz. Ted Cruz has not been doing well from in the polls. From what I have read he's around 5%.
It wouldn't surprise me if as we get closer to election time, Trump told his supporters to support Cruz.

Though, every election has his gimmick candidates.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:34 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
For someone who donated 1 million towards McCain's campaign, I believe Trump knows a whole lot more about McCain than anyone else is willing to say or report on.....

I'm so glad McCain didn't make President, after some of the outlandish remarks he's made....

correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he want to sell guns to terrorists?

this comment Trump made, goes a hell of a lot deeper then anyone knows....

Old 07-20-2015, 08:35 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
That's what I've been thinking. I still don't believe he is serious. I think his ego is too big to be rejected in a real election.

To my knowledge, the only person he has not attacked in the GOP, and who he seem to has support from is Ted Cruz. Ted Cruz has not been doing well from in the polls. From what I have read he's around 5%.
It wouldn't surprise me if as we get closer to election time, Trump told his supporters to support Cruz.

Though, every election has his gimmick candidates.

Trump has repeated what Ted Cruz has for 4 years, since his election run to the senate. Against Rick Perry's buddy, David Dewhurst and his illegal alien loving ass. Making loads of money for his buddies as AG, while Texans got pushed right out of the construction trades, in favor of Mexicans.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:36 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Trump on McCain:
Quote:
“The reality is that John McCain the politician has made America less safe, sent our brave soldiers into wrong-headed foreign adventures, covered up for President Obama with the VA scandal and has spent most of his time in the Senate pushing amnesty.”
nailed it

Old 07-20-2015, 08:38 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Default Trump Says Sen. McCain NOT A War Hero

Let's briefly compare McCain's war record to Trump's.

McCain: combat pilot, shot down over NV and spent years being tortured in prison. Refused an early release, demanding that all prisoners who'd been held longer be freed first.

Trump: used every trick to avoid military service.

So, the Donald is an authority on this subject because....?

Old 07-20-2015, 08:40 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What's your experience in the military? Care to stack it up against the records of these two men?
What are your military qualifications to question him. See how it works now. We are waiting for your list of accomplishments. Please don't disappoint us. Oh , and thank you for your service.

Perhaps you could tell us what your MOS was and list your combat experience dates. Mine was 67n20, 1971 & 72

I was shot down and crashed on several occasions. Never captured. Maybe I'm the one that Trump prefers. Right now he is the one I prefer. I'm no hero and I agree with most other combat veterans who will tell you the hero's are the ones that answered the call to duty and paid for it with their life. All others pale in comparison and cheapen the word.

Last edited by phma; 07-20-2015 at 09:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections