Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have problem?
No problem 77 62.60%
Yes 46 37.40%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 05:11 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,193,881 times

Advertisements

Too early in the game to answer...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 06:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,931,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Most honest response yet..

I'm not sure why the huge pro, or anti Trump positions already since no one knows where he stands on many of the important issues..
It's not a platform thing for me, it's what he says that make me say no to Trump. He don't sound presidential with his attacks on Senators and competitors also in the running. Trump don't have the character component to be President and his gaffes the last week slamming John McCain, the phone number release of Lindsey Graham and his comment on Rick Perry are not professional, let alone Presidential.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:10 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,737,566 times
After living thru Carter, Clinton, Obama, Bush (1 & 2). And faced with the likelihood of another Clinton or Bush.......

I truly have NO problem with seeing a successful, capitalist, businessman, that has all manner of experience in sizing up a situation, delegating the proper personnel, evaluating, and holding that personnel accountable for their performance toward the stated goal.

All that being said, I seriously doubt he has a snowball's chance in hades or getting the nomination.

I DO think he has an agenda, just what it may be, isn't entirely clear as of yet. It could be positive( I think his intentions are good), but the execution may cause some damage.......

CN.......

Old 07-22-2015, 08:52 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,640,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
In case you haven't noticed, neither party has had the country's or the people's best interest at heart in quite a along time.
Amen to that, brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yeah, we all know Donald Trumps resume pales in comparison to that highly qualified community organizer Obama..
I voted for the man and I cannot wait until he is history and I never have to hear him divide the country again or call others names or circumvent the rule of law or watch his family spend money like the nouveau riche that they are, at the expense of the American people. I had rather see a self made man like the Donald spend lavishly because he made it one his own. I don't begrudge the Donald his wealth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Moderate republican here and I honestly I do have a problem with trump for president. The guy isn't presidential and has proven that several times with statements and actions the past few weeks.
I find his candor and unwillingness to back away from the bs refreshing. Romney was too much of a gentleman in the last presidential election, while the Democrats were ugly, ugly, ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It's not a platform thing for me, it's what he says that make me say no to Trump. He don't sound presidential with his attacks on Senators and competitors also in the running. Trump don't have the character component to be President and his gaffes the last week slamming John McCain, the phone number release of Lindsey Graham and his comment on Rick Perry are not professional, let alone Presidential.
Reuters: Obama Has Always Handled Republicans with 'Political Decorum' - Breitbart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
After living thru Carter, Clinton, Obama, Bush (1 & 2). And faced with the likelihood of another Clinton or Bush.......

I truly have NO problem with seeing a successful, capitalist, businessman, that has all manner of experience in sizing up a situation, delegating the proper personnel, evaluating, and holding that personnel accountable for their performance toward the stated goal.

All that being said, I seriously doubt he has a snowball's chance in hades or getting the nomination.

I DO think he has an agenda, just what it may be, isn't entirely clear as of yet. It could be positive( I think his intentions are good), but the execution may cause some damage.......

CN.......
Good post. I never thought I would be much interested in Donald Trump but I have come to respect his honesty in not pulling any punches. The American people have wanted to hear these things brought out into the open for so long and not be fearful of being called racist or a bigot.
He is exposing the hypocrisy that goes on, the fake smiles and back slapping and back room deals.

I am thinking I would vote for him just because he does know The Art of the Deal and that is what it all about anymore. He could hold his own with some of these yahoo's, I think. He sure wouldn't back down and give away the country.

And don't give me that about "he doesn't sound presidential." Obama has not sounded "presidential", just petty and immature, the whole time he has been in office, IMO. And, most of the other candidates are just blowing smoke most of the time. A few are somewhat honest, I guess.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:56 PM

371 posts, read 258,318 times
Nope. I wouldn't vote for him but if I had a gun to my head he would be the candidate from the GOP I would vote for. I like his nationalistic type stance on immigration and jobs going overseas and his nonsense attitude towards these RINO's like Graham and McCain.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:05 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,404,464 times
Default Ridiculous question

What a significant downgrade he would be, from our great President Obama.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:55 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,985,759 times
I love all these people with the "oh well he isn't saying anything specific" or "he can't really do that as President," etc. etc. as if now all of a sudden they care about a person running for President's ability to be specific and actually implement their agenda. These are the same people who have voted for Gore, Kerry, Bush, Obama, Romney, McCain, etc. I want to let you people in on a little secret: no one running for president is EVER specific and the vast majority of them most certainly cannot do about 90% of the things they promise.

Yet when Trump is involved there is this sudden concern over specifics. What are Jeb's specific proposals to revive America? Lindsay Graham's? Hillary's? Walker's? Cruz's? Rubio's? Can any of them deliver on 100% of their campaign pledges?

People have this complete misunderstanding about why people support Trump. The things Trump are saying are true and they remain true regardless of whether he believes everything he says. Trump is moving the Overton Window even if he isn't serious. We need someone who can highlight the complete brokenness and absurdity of our political system. It is a farce, a complete farce. Does anyone really look at Hillary Clinton and see "great leader" written on her? Does anyone even know what Jeb Bush stands for? Is anyone really excited deep about the prospect of Clinton v. Bush II? No, but the media wants them and they are conditioning the public to accept them by cloaking them in "inevitability."

Seriously, think about January, 2009. If we polled the American public on whether they would support Jeb Bush for President he would have gotten 0%. No one wants that chump. Sit back and be amazed at what media conditioning and brainwashing can do. As soon as they floated the idea of Jeb they dubbed him "inevitable" and kept saying it despite how absurd that idea was. They did the same thing (to a lesser degree) with Romney. They do it all the time and people just all for it over and over again.

This is why Trump is important. He doesn't follow that script. The media and the elite clearly loathe him and are actively trying to destroy his campaign. I will say I have never seen that. The media blacked out Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012, but I have never seen the media so proactively try and ruin a campaign in my life. That tells me a lot.

Not to mention seeing the liberal bedwetters get their panties caught in a bunch over Trump's comments are hilarious and worth the price of admission. The comments of "I can't believe anyone supports him" or "the crazies bother me" are comedy gold. Gold I tell you. I'm so tired of SJW P.C. police controlling the dialogue in this country it makes me sick. Watching those pretentious and soft roaches scurry about "tsk tsking" Trump while he drops hatefacts and truthbombs on them is priceless. I hope this ride never ends.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
What a significant downgrade he would be, from our great President Obama.
We're talking about Trump possibly becoming the new President, not what happen to the Federal credit rating during Obamas presidency..

Please stay with the topic.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:13 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,130,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I had rather see a self made man like the Donald spend lavishly because he made it one his own. I don't begrudge the Donald his wealth.
Mr. Trump resents that you imply he came from a poor family. In fact, his dad was worth estimated $400 million. So, Mr. Trump did make a lot of money, but he is not exactly self-made. In real estate, the name of the game is leverage. Having a lot of capital to leverage off of is huge.

Mick

Old 07-22-2015, 10:15 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
If they elect him no more than others who have ben elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections