Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have problem?
No problem 77 62.60%
Yes 46 37.40%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 06:10 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,934,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, he would take votes away from the Republican nominee, and that could give Dems the victory.
Could, it would. Right now since 1996, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington (state) and Wisconsin have been consistently blue with at least four out of five of the most recent elections. By using the 2012 electorate, that is 246 electoral votes right there. They only need 24 more votes to win and Florida can do it alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 06:12 PM

805 posts, read 1,086,093 times
No problem at all! Trump is what we need at the present moment.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:27 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,736,261 times
The poll is missing an option:

I have a problem with Trump being president but I have no problem with Trump being the GOP candidate.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post
No problem at all! Trump is what we need at the present moment.
Ok, I am interested in your reasoning.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:59 PM

39,246 posts, read 27,650,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Ok, I am interested in your reasoning.
I would center my presidency on three principles: one term, two-fisted policies, and no excuses. For voters it would be a business approach, and the best one available in the presidential marketplace. I’d lead by example. And what I could also bring to the presidency is a new spirit, a great spirit that we haven’t had in this country for a long time-the kind of spirit that built the American Dream.
Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.276 , Jul 2, 2000

For this alone, you should give Donald trump a chance.

con: he is too old, he is going to be 70 years old, when my grandpa turned 70, boy, the things coming out of his mouth were out of control. LOL But since he doesn't mind being one term president, I see go for it. He couldn't be worse.

The only thing worries me is his ego and poor impulse control. however, this could be the way that he "brand" himself right now, once elected, he would be talking more like a president.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I would center my presidency on three principles: one term, two-fisted policies, and no excuses. For voters it would be a business approach, and the best one available in the presidential marketplace. I’d lead by example. And what I could also bring to the presidency is a new spirit, a great spirit that we haven’t had in this country for a long time-the kind of spirit that built the American Dream.

con: he is too old, he is going to be 70 years old, when my grandpa turned 70, boy, the things coming out of his mouth were out of control. LOL But since he doesn't mind being one term president, I see go for it. He couldn't be worse.

The only thing worries me is his ego and poor impulse control. however, this could be the way that he "brand" himself right now, once elected, he would be talking more like a president.
Had anyone other than Trump said that, I may lean towards voting towards him/her because I actually think mostly the same way BUT the problem is it is Trump. The Donald has an ego, his mouth and even worse, he is a control freak. I see him trying to use all the executive actions conservatives complain Obama accuses right now if congress drags their feet and can't compromise.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:07 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:

He actually doesn't say anything there. Two-fisted with which issues? What does he mean by two-fisted?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-25-2015 at 06:32 AM..

Old 07-25-2015, 06:21 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,161,199 times
Shows how braindead the political commentators are on this section that they'd want a nut like Trump in charge. I'm not sure how an unprincipled racist kook would advance American interests but then again the braindead Tea people think George W. Bush walks on water

Old 07-25-2015, 06:29 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,574,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
Yes or No
yes

But that's like asking, "Do you have a problem with the boozer looking for handouts on the corner being president?"

Because neither he nor Trump ever will be.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:11 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,982,329 times
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Had anyone other than Trump said that, I may lean towards voting towards him/her because I actually think mostly the same way BUT the problem is it is Trump. The Donald has an ego, his mouth and even worse, he is a control freak. I see him trying to use all the executive actions conservatives complain Obama accuses right now if congress drags their feet and can't compromise.
That's probably what he will do. Trump is a narcissist.

Once people disagree with him or mock him, he will do anything in his power to hurt them. He will spend more time trying to screw people to feed his ego than fulfilling campaign promises.
Quote:

That's a huge risk to take because you are hoping Trump becomes someone he has shown no proof that he can be. That's like marrying a cheater and expecting fidelity once the ring is on his finger because you hope for the best.

I don't believe this is a campaign strategy, this is Trump being Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections