Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 11:10 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,903,410 times

Advertisements

If he left, I would not really like anyone who is running. I would never vote for Hillary, or Sanders. They love Israel too much. Donald is different. He's high voltage, outspoken, weird, and if that gets the other candidates riled up, they aren't busy enough. Jill Stein is a sensible person, but we have grown so used to scoundrels in the white house, we may be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. Time to take our country back from AIPAC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 09:14 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,727 times
would be disappointed but unsurprised.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:15 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
I remember Ross Perot dropping out because the Republicans threatened to disrupt his daughters wedding .. some are such low life to keep in power.. sick of them who love the power and forget why they got elected.. to serve WE THE PEOPLE..

I also believe Obama behind the scenes got Obamacare passed and then the mandate stood for strong arming the Judicial branch twice.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I remember Ross Perot dropping out because the Republicans threatened to disrupt his daughters wedding .. some are such low life to keep in power.. sick of them who love the power and forget why they got elected.. to serve WE THE PEOPLE..

I also believe Obama behind the scenes got Obamacare passed and then the mandate stood for strong arming the Judicial branch twice.
Link?

Old 10-19-2015, 01:16 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,897,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMama View Post
I think his debate performance indicates he does not have good "handlers"....
He has yet to learn to be diplomatic rather than 'the Boss'. Obama hasn't figured that aspect out; he thinks he is "the Boss". A politician who makes it to POTUS/VP are the most crooked of all.
Note I said 'politician'. Trump is not a politician, which is what makes him genuine. The majority of professional politicians are lawyers, bloviation is their specialty. They campaign year round to appear to reach out to their constituents for some reason. Our elected officials do nothing for their constituencies. The rich get their share and the rest allows them to run multi-billion dollar deficit budgets.

Trump is not a brown nosing politician; he can be honest and speak his mind at ease in a frame of mind/voice resonating with many Americans. He speaks for the middle class. When the middle class does well, everyone does well.
How do you kill the USA? Eliminate the middle class.
Is Trump seemingly animated and bizarre?

Any more than HRC or Sanders?

Old 11-17-2015, 06:55 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
The problem is you need to be diplomatic as president of a country, Trump isn't given his harsh rhetoric. Trump is a good company president, not US president. Not defending Obama because he is hit or miss anyway.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:31 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

You actually believed that?
Mr. Perot did not say today exactly how the Republicans sought to discredit his daughter, Carolyn, and disrupt her wedding. But in an interview last week, Suzanne McGee, another of Mr. Perot's four daughters, said her father thought Republicans would mount a campaign asserting that Carolyn was a lesbian.

"We were told that they were planning to destroy her wedding by spreading the story that she was a lesbian," Ms. McGee said on a flight from Detroit to Lansing, Mich., for the last Presidential debate.

"It wasn't true, but they were going to do it anyway and put the story out in the news media to try to embarrass my dad," she added.

In his first campaign rallies in months, Mr. Perot today told supporters in New Jersey and Pittsburgh of his new explanation for departing the race.

"I found myself in a situation where I had three reports that the Republican Party intend to publish a false photograph of my daughter, who was getting married on Aug. 23," he told a rally in Flemington, N.J., "smear her before her wedding and actually disrupt the wedding ceremony."
------
The only source that Mr. Perot would identify for his accusations was Scott Barnes, a former Inglewood, Calif., police officer who for years has been accused of fabricating stories about undercover plots and dirty tricks.

Mr. Perot said in the "60 Minutes" interview that Mr. Barnes was one of those who told him of the doctored photograph. Mr. Barnes had a dress shop in Prescott, Ariz., but it is now closed. He could not be reached today for comment.
I mean, seriously?

Last edited by Oldhag1; 11-17-2015 at 10:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections