Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 07:54 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Well there's that little problem that she's affiliated with the GOP- the default party of racism & misogyny.

She'll only appeal to rural/suburban church-ladies. MOST women will not support her.
Well yes, her little 2010 senate run kinda confirms that. Does she still own two yachts?

Old 07-28-2015, 08:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Well there's that little problem that she's affiliated with the GOP- the default party of racism & misogyny.

She'll only appeal to rural/suburban church-ladies. MOST women will not support her.
Yeah plus her platform is largely vote for a woman, not named HRC. Seriously, that was her candidacy announcement.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:39 PM

546 posts, read 408,915 times
Quote:
You're right about that. And with Hillary running, it'll be a devastating (to the GOP) tactic.

You may think it's silly- and I don't care to argue the point. But tens of millions of women won't find it silly at all. Lemme just give you an idea of what ya'll are dealing with when it comes to women of the Millennial Generation:

Office Air Conditioning is Sexist

Oh yes... that there is the electorate that ya'll Repubs will be dealing with for the rest of your LIVES
I'm a woman, and as soon as I hear the word patriarchy, I zone out because I know nonsense is forthcoming.

But this reply in the comments of the link is fantastic satire of the babbling:

Quote:
Temperature is just one more thing that the patriarchy controls. This is not about conditioning the air; it’s about conditioning the oppressed classes to accept the cheapest, most convenient, and easiest air that the ruling classes can provide. It is a result of capitalism: An effort to monetize the human condition and find the correct amount of coldness that humanity will tolerate, before they finally rise up against the frigid bourgeoisie. Women can more easily discern the ways that capitalism freezes them, because the patriarchs have always set their thermostats with feminine oppression in mind.

For every 100 degrees of Fahrenheit that men are afforded in the workplace, the average woman gets only 77 degrees. While efforts have been put in place to level the playing field for high-earning women, the vast majority of women (who fill minimum wage jobs) are forced to put up with lower and lower temperatures. Solving the temperature gap at the very hottest of temperatures has done very little to alleviate the much greater gap between the coldest and warmest of women. The unqualified recitation of these statistics has had a chilling effect not only on the conversation, but also on the selling floor at Rue 21.

In “Intercourse”, Dworkin gave us the now-controversial statement “all temperature... is a violation”. It implies that not only is cold air an unnecessary intrusion into the feminine lifestyle, but hot air, warm air, and every air in between. The existence of temperature is a slight against all women, who are presumed to possess no agency over the innate laws of the universe (such as temperature, friction, gravity, the electro-magnetic force and other male-dominated universal features). Perhaps the best solution for women is not resolving on the correct temperature—which can only be acquired as the result of a negotiation with the paternal forces that control heat and coolness—but by eliminating temperature altogether. By mobilizing against the oppressive systems that caused temperature to begin with—the intersectional effort to free all those oppressed by coldness from its icy grip.
At least, I hope it was intended as satire. You never know these days.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:43 PM

546 posts, read 408,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is a textbook case of monetary abusive relationships, where one party is abused (mentally and/or physically) but don't leave because of threat of not being able to pay for themselves. The whole, you are nothing without me belief. This is why I trust her support as far as I can smell it...
That might fly if the split was recent, but it was 23 years ago. She's under no threat from him now, if she ever even was.

At least Ivana had the guts to divorce his cheating *****, unlike Hillary.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:17 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,769,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMama View Post
I'm a woman, and as soon as I hear the word patriarchy, I zone out because I know nonsense is forthcoming.

But this reply in the comments of the link is fantastic satire of the babbling:

At least, I hope it was intended as satire. You never know these days.
Even as a Gawdless Librual I'm not too keen on this new incarnation of feminism... where every petty personal problem is couched in social-justice-warrior language.

But that's not my point. My point is that this sort of thing is WILDLY popular among the Millennial generation- both males and females. I'm not kidding... I wish I were. Notice that that link I gave you was from Jezebel.com. That ain't a satire site. Nope... these cute young gals are dead serious. And we're gonna be hearing about this nonsense for DECADES to come.

So if/when Queen Hillary is officially nominated- she will ride a vengeful wave of estrogen into the White House. If she makes it to the nomination, nobody and nothing will stop her. I'll be amused, relieved, and slightly horrified all at once. And I'll thank the Gawds who don't exist that I'll leave no children to inherit this mess

In place of the Dark Lord you will set up a Queen. And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair!

Old 07-29-2015, 07:15 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
That is my point, yes.

If that's what people want to base a Presidential campaign on, that is sad.

Who hasn't had an argument with their SO where they behaved badly?

This is all part of ginning up the War On Women crowd.
And my point, made many posts ago, was that the outrage isn't over Trump, it's over his lawyer, Cohen, and the remarks made by Cohen about marital rape. And people should be outraged about Mr Cohen's remarks and behavior. As for your disparaging characterization of the "War on Women crowd", that particular group, the group that wants respect and equality for women and so should include ALL of us, are made up of intelligent people who are fully capable of making a distinction between a candidate and one of his attorneys who isn't even employed by the campaign.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:21 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
That might fly if the split was recent, but it was 23 years ago. She's under no threat from him now, if she ever even was.

At least Ivana had the guts to divorce his cheating *****, unlike Hillary.
If she Hillary had divorced a sitting president she would have been condemned for bringing even more tabloid type scandal to the White House. And conservative Christians would have come out hard against her for not working on their issues and keeping the family together. In other words, nothing Hillary could have done would have pleased Republicans. You talk 'guts'. It took more to stay with Bill than to leave him.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:35 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And my point, made many posts ago, was that the outrage isn't over Trump, it's over his lawyer, Cohen, and the remarks made by Cohen about marital rape. And people should be outraged about Mr Cohen's remarks and behavior. As for your disparaging characterization of the "War on Women crowd", that particular group, the group that wants respect and equality for women and so should include ALL of us, are made up of intelligent people who are fully capable of making a distinction between a candidate and one of his attorneys who isn't even employed by the campaign.
Exactly.

People should read ALL your posts in this thread and figure out exactly what is going on.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If she Hillary had divorced a sitting president she would have been condemned for bringing even more tabloid type scandal to the White House. And conservative Christians would have come out hard against her for not working on their issues and keeping the family together. In other words, nothing Hillary could have done would have pleased Republicans. You talk 'guts'. It took more to stay with Bill than to leave him.
Yeah there's that. Then there's the idea of standing behind your man which is a tight-rope walk with a lot of landmines to avoid. Hillary did a decent job but don't like her and not for that.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:24 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
I am sure an opportunist like Ivana will gladly take the millions the left will be willing to pay to discredit the Donald, say anything they ask her to say. People are so easily bought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections