Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 04:33 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,264,602 times

Advertisements

Trump 20
Walker 13
Bush 10
Carson, Huck, Paul, Rubio 6
Cruz 5
Kasich 5
Crhistie 3

If trends hold, it seems that Perry will be bumped off the debate stage to the kiddie table along with Fiorina, Jindal, Santorum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 04:37 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Ouch. That's gotta smart.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:16 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Bhwaaaaa, ha, ha, ha, ha..... GO THUMPER!

Old 07-30-2015, 05:17 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
I really would like to see Kasich on the big stage. I don't know much about him but my thoughts are that he is the only Republican running that I might consider voting for. It would be a shame for him to drop out so soon. Perry is no loss.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:51 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
I look at the trending, same pollster (because same methodology). Who is going up, who is going down and who is treading water on the "Who would you vote for today?" question.

The survey includes 710 Republicans with a margin of error of +/- 3.7 percentage points and 681 Democrats with a margin of error of +/- 3.8 percentage points.

This is their Quinnipiac July poll compared to their May poll.

Republicans and Republican leaners in alphabetical order:

Bush: Treading water - no change
Carson: Down 4
Christie: Down 1
Cruz: Down 1
Fiorina: Down 1
Graham: Treading water - no change
Huckabee: Down 4
Jindal: Up 1
Kasich: Up 3
Paul: Down 1
Perry: Up 1
Rubio: Down 4
Trump: Up 15
Walker: Up 3

The Don't Knows are down 8% meaning more people are having an opinion, now.

The candidates not on the list had no numbers in May.

The top issue for Democrats (46%), Republicans (33%) and Independent (33%) is still "Economy and Jobs." (Question 43)

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/pol...015_U645de.pdf

Seeing as how the Republican political ads are out there and all the Republican candidates are on the news shows, why are they all being asked Foreign Relations/Policy questions or why are they doing Foreign Relations/Policy ads when the most important issue to Republican voters is "Jobs and The Economy?" Watch for this in the debate to see if the Job and Economy questions are more abundant as they should be if that's the issue people care about the most.

Who is talking about jobs and putting people to work? (Hint: "Hillary Clinton is not going to be able to create jobs, I will tell you right now, neither is Jeb Bush going to be able to create jobs. I will create jobs and the Latinos will have jobs that they don't have right now. And I will win that vote.")

Old 07-30-2015, 07:54 AM

10,235 posts, read 6,326,286 times
Trump has the biggest name recognition nationally. That is what it's all about at this point in time.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:55 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,560,332 times
Who the hell votes for Walker??

This is crazy!!!

Old 07-30-2015, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Trump has the biggest name recognition nationally. That is what it's all about at this point in time.
Yeah, because no REPUBLICAN ever heard the name "Bush" before, no one remembers Huckabee and Perry from the last time they ran and Ted Cruz is totally invisible.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:04 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I look at the trending, same pollster (because same methodology). Who is going up, who is going down and who is treading water on the "Who would you vote for today?" question.

The survey includes 710 Republicans with a margin of error of +/- 3.7 percentage points and 681 Democrats with a margin of error of +/- 3.8 percentage points.

This is their Quinnipiac July poll compared to their May poll.

Republicans and Republican leaners in alphabetical order:

Bush: Treading water - no change
Carson: Down 4
Christie: Down 1
Cruz: Down 1
Fiorina: Down 1
Graham: Treading water - no change
Huckabee: Down 4
Jindal: Up 1
Kasich: Up 3
Paul: Down 1
Perry: Up 1
Rubio: Down 4
Trump: Up 15
Walker: Up 3

The Don't Knows are down 8% meaning more people are having an opinion, now.

The candidates not on the list had no numbers in May.

The top issue for Democrats (46%), Republicans (33%) and Independent (33%) is still "Economy and Jobs." (Question 43)

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/pol...015_U645de.pdf

Seeing as how the Republican political ads are out there and all the Republican candidates are on the news shows, why are they all being asked Foreign Relations/Policy questions or why are they doing Foreign Relations/Policy ads when the most important issue to Republican voters is "Jobs and The Economy?" Watch for this in the debate to see if the Job and Economy questions are more abundant as they should be if that's the issue people care about the most.

Who is talking about jobs and putting people to work? (Hint: "Hillary Clinton is not going to be able to create jobs, I will tell you right now, neither is Jeb Bush going to be able to create jobs. I will create jobs and the Latinos will have jobs that they don't have right now. And I will win that vote.")
If talking was all it took, Trump would deserve to win. For all the Trump has been on TV of late, I have yet to hear him actually lay out some policy or plan to accomplish what he promises. It's always some variation of "we will have to figure out..."

Old 07-30-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If talking was all it took, Trump would deserve to win. For all the Trump has been on TV of late, I have yet to hear him actually lay out some policy or plan to accomplish what he promises. It's always some variation of "we will have to figure out..."
Well, let's look at the governors. Rick Perry (he was my choice the last time he ran - I'm big on 10th Amendment), for example, has an impressive job creation record for Texas but how many of those jobs were poached from other states by offering businesses a better deal in Texas? That's great for Texas. But, if you are President, moving people around within the US is not going to make US job creation numbers go up so Perry has to explain how he created jobs he didn't poach from other states not just say total numbers of jobs created. Trump's job creation idea comes from moving overseas jobs back to the US and I'm going to assume building/expanding since he's in the real estate business. He'll have to tell us what incentives/punishments he'll offer. I'm thinking, it's going to be some kind of carrot, not stick. The other governors are going to have to say how they convinced foreign companies to do business here if they ever did it or what they did to encourage business start-ups and it should be easy to check if they were successful. The Senators who were never in business won't have a clue because they've never run anything. They may have ideas but I doubt they can actually implement those ideas because they never have done anything like it before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections