Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 07:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,191,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriInCary View Post
Considering where the country was, when Obama took office, I have to admit ... Obama has done a miracle.
I remember my 401k back in 2009. It had lost 60% of its value. My company was laying off about 50% of my division. My friends were all losing their jobs. Ben Ladin was running the world...
7 years later, my 401 has been on steroid. Ben Ladin is dead. All my jobless co-workers have found new and better jobs. Uninsured family members can now afford insurance. We have moved into a new and bigger house, ... etc. Marriage Equality is now a reality in America.
Why do I want to go back to the Bush years? Why do I want Sarah Palin running the place? I'm really thankful for Obama.
I want the next President (Bernie Sanders) to close all tax loopholes and have companies like AAPL and the Koch Brothers pay their fair share of taxes. I want the next President to help revert Citizens United. And I was college affordable to ALL Americans.
Oooh I was going to go line by line..

but why bother.. I'll just sit here and laugh..

Old 08-01-2015, 07:05 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,584,853 times
Default Why should American Voters trust the GOP again with the Presidency?

It's very likely they won't.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:34 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,639,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Oh for pete sakes. Shut up already with the nonsense. Like Obama has done a bang up job for this Country NOT!

Black community seems to be suffering more under Obama's leadership, Country is tanking in the toilet, Illegal Mess, is so much worse under Obama, who seems to not care one iota about illegals invading this Country, the criminals they are.

So many businesses owners have had to close up shop, the Middle Class, what Middle Class and the poor seem to be poorer under Obama's leadership, all of which have not one damn thing to do with Bush. Please come up with something intelligent and original!

There is a division among the people like never before, due to Obama, and him alone. What world do you live in!
Have any proof of what you claim?
#1: How is the black community suffering under Obama's leadership?
#2: How is the "Country is tanking in the toilet"
#3: Explain the "Illegal Mess"
#4: what businesses owners have had to close up shop?

Old 08-03-2015, 02:23 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,575,268 times
Because the GOP would never mandate policies that would inevitably lead to the housing crash of 2008 despite warnings that such a policy was a lock due to their policies which pushed subprime loans via 'alternative' underwriting policies courtesy of Rsngel, Obama, Waters, Conyers, Dingell, Schumer, Clinton and both of his HUD secretaries including fellow adulterer Cisneros.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:49 AM

186 posts, read 158,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What a dumb thread..
1) Democrats continue to tell us presidents arent responsible for the price of oil, unless prices are falling under Obama, or discussing Bush
2) the recession happened under a Democratic Congress, and anyone with half a brain knows that Congress is where bills are passed
3) The GOP warned going back to 2002 that there was an oncoming recession and housing crisis, Democrats laughed, ridiculed, wanted to lower equity rations of banks even more.
4) What the fk you mean NO WARS?
5) GDP growth usually takes place after they fall.. And now since the GOP runs Congress, are you going to claim the continued growth is due to the GOP? (I highly doubt it is, nor that you'd give them credit even if they are)
6) The stimulus bill per the CBO resulted in a .2% REDUCTION in GDP because the money needs to be reversed out of the economy.
7) The Iran deal, is just a repeat of what we've been doing with them for DECADES.. It'll become a crisis again in 5-6 years when they want more money, but Obama said we werent going to police the world.. Now we're policing Iran
8) If the economy was doing so great, as you claim, we wouldnt even need to discuss a minimum wage increase because demand for labor would increase. You just acknowledged things arent as great as you just claimed they were.
9) When Obama took office, gas prices were $1.89 on average, so unless you're paying under $1, claiming gas prices have fallen in half is A COMPLETE LIE..
10) It was Republicans that went to court to remove DADT, while Democrats like Obama and Clinton OPPOSED gay marriage.
And finally
11) ACA was sold to REDUCE premiums, insure EVERY AMERICAN, while reducing the deficit..

It does nothing promised, and actually caused 11 million to lose private policies, while the left celebrate MEDICAID numbers, which would mean that people arent really doing well, unless you consider poverty FANTASTIC..

Glad I dont have your standards...

AGREE with everything....you make great, truthful points!!!!

Old 08-03-2015, 12:02 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,569,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
Can you shut up already? I mean, like my god. The facts above are true. You're "facts" were just uneducated statements. The facts above use actual statistics, which you clearly didn't loose. Just admit that OBAMA has been a pretty crappy president. It's ok. Bush wasn't great either. But don't put Obama on a pedestal of "greatness". He hasn't done anything helpful or useful for this country. You can blame him for the low moral standards of our country and for the HUGE, and I mean HUGE race divide in the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Oh for pete sakes. Shut up already with the nonsense. Like Obama has done a bang up job for this Country NOT!

Black community seems to be suffering more under Obama's leadership, Country is tanking in the toilet, Illegal Mess, is so much worse under Obama, who seems to not care one iota about illegals invading this Country, the criminals they are.

So many businesses owners have had to close up shop, the Middle Class, what Middle Class and the poor seem to be poorer under Obama's leadership, all of which have not one damn thing to do with Bush. Please come up with something intelligent and original!

There is a division among the people like never before, due to Obama, and him alone. What world do you live in!
Can we raise the level of discourse a bit? How about addressing the specifics of what you say - see below.

Do you know what Obama did to cause a 'division among the races'? He got elected, that's what. When you see demonstrators holding signs that say 'Put the WHITE back in the White House' - you kinda know what you're in for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Have any proof of what you claim?
#1: How is the black community suffering under Obama's leadership?
#2: How is the "Country is tanking in the toilet"
#3: Explain the "Illegal Mess"
#4: what businesses owners have had to close up shop?
Whatever Fox News tells them.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:11 PM

5,207 posts, read 4,680,621 times
I really don't care if a candidate is a Democrat or a Republican as long as he or she is intelligent and isn't just sprouting nonsense just to appeal to the base. As someone who voted twice for Obama, I would have given Mitt Romney a chance if he didn't have to pander to the idiots in his party just to win the nomination. And given the way the GOP electorate is these days, is there any chance a candidate can win the nomination without shifting to the extreme right who seem to scream the loudest?

Old 08-05-2015, 12:46 AM

24,514 posts, read 33,350,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leon_foonman View Post
Reagan did his part to destroy the American middle class, you can still give hime credit for that. The righties wouldn't vote for him these days, though, too much of a liberal...all that nuclear disarmament stuff would be unpopular with the blow up the world right wingers
The middle class was doing better under Reagan, not worse.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:14 AM

9,015 posts, read 13,859,350 times
Maybe Trump should run as an independent.

Any party that nominates a 3rd Bush,well,deserves to lose,sorry.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:48 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,639,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The middle class was doing better under Reagan, not worse.
Growing up I remember something called the Reagan "Democrats which I believe led to a 49 state landslide against Walter Mondale in 1984. If Reagan were alive and running today the GOP probably wouldn't let him debate on the stage tomorrow considering he actually gave millions of illegals amnesty. There isn't anything close to a Reagan Democrat today considering how far to the right the GOP has gone off a cliff politically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections