Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 12:06 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,933 times

Advertisements

So, now Chris Christie wants to punch teachers in the face because their union doesn't support him. This guy just keeps shooting himself in the foot, because he can't see over his belt. Why would you draw a line in the sand because the union has picked one of your opponents? Now, he will get no teacher votes, regardless of their political persuasion, and his stance on MJ takes out those voters too. His attitude is "this is who I am, and if you don't like it, FU", that may be OK in metro NY/NJ where a FU is as much a greeting as 'top 'o the mornin' in Dublin. There is supposed to be an art to diplomacy, as a president you should consider everyone whether they agree with you or not, it's a job that requires a lot of PR and civility. Don't think he's up to it, and if he keeps up his offensive, he won't get many votes either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 12:11 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,364 times
I don't remember similar outrage when the Teachers Union threatened the exact same thing earlier this year.

Bizarro Union Boss Mulgrew: $280K Yearly | The Daily Caller

Quote:
Mulgrew is, of course, famous for his hateful and truly unhinged rant against critics of the Common Core Standards Initiative in July 2014. (VIDEO: This Teachers Union President Will ‘PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE’ If You Don’t Like Common Core)

“If someone takes something from me, I’m going to grab it right back out of their cold, twisted, sick hands and say it is mine!” Mulgrew bellowed clownishly. “You do not take what is mine!”

The union boss also challenged opponents of Common Core and union control over education to a fist fight.

I’m going to punch you in the face and push you in the dirt because this is the teachers’!” he maniacally exclaimed, with veins popping in his shiny, balding head.

One standard for Republicans, another for leftards.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:19 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
I don't remember similar outrage when the Teachers Union threatened the exact same thing earlier this year.

One standard for Republicans, another for leftards.
Even the "leftards" (so creative, yay!!) understand that one is a union president and the other is our Presidential candidate. Do you know why there is a double standard?

Mick

Old 08-03-2015, 12:21 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
So, now Chris Christie wants to punch teachers in the face because their union doesn't support him. This guy just keeps shooting himself in the foot, because he can't see over his belt. Why would you draw a line in the sand because the union has picked one of your opponents? Now, he will get no teacher votes, regardless of their political persuasion, and his stance on MJ takes out those voters too. His attitude is "this is who I am, and if you don't like it, FU", that may be OK in metro NY/NJ where a FU is as much a greeting as 'top 'o the mornin' in Dublin. There is supposed to be an art to diplomacy, as a president you should consider everyone whether they agree with you or not, it's a job that requires a lot of PR and civility. Don't think he's up to it, and if he keeps up his offensive, he won't get many votes either.

see post #2- EOT

Old 08-03-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Even the "leftards" (so creative, yay!!) understand that one is a union president and the other is our Presidential candidate. Do you know why there is a double standard?

Mick
One of...what, 20 total?

Christie is right to use the language of violence here though. Like all thugs and bullies, force is the only language the violent union scum understands.

That's why Mulgrew used it so readily; for him it is natural to think in terms of hurting others.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:25 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default He NEVER stood a chance

Christie is a repulsive political figure, and he looks worse with each week. What in the world made him think that he could succeed a great President like Barack Obama, boggles the mind.

Republicans are clueless and laughable. Who knew that the demise of the hapless Republican party would be so entertaining?

Old 08-03-2015, 12:29 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
I don't like Christie but he never had a chance at teachers votes to begin with.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
What in the world made him think that he could succeed a great President like Barack Obama, boggles the mind.

I've scraped things from the bottom of my shoe than can easily leap that low bar.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:36 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Christie missed his opportunity window to be president. He doesn't have a chance now, imo.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Christie missed his opportunity window to be president. He doesn't have a chance now, imo.
He sucks on numerous levels. Never had a chance.

But, even a broken clock is right twice a day, and he is right to attack the corrupt teacher union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections