Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2015, 09:17 PM

288 posts, read 212,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
I'd rather be crazy then just plain stupid...

https://www.facebook.com/AllenWestRe...674117/?type=1
You should share this obscure "fact" with the republican candidates, it will for sure bring hillary down, of course if not another crazy "pseudo" scandal from the vast imagination of the crazy right wing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 10:00 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,676 times
Please. Hillary who?

Last edited by openmike; 08-07-2015 at 10:10 PM..

Old 08-07-2015, 10:03 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Arresmillao View Post
When the dust clears, Hillary will emerge as the first female president of USA. Among all candidates she has the most extensive experience, she has great communication skills, has appeal with the younger voters, as well as older ones, dominates among hispanic, women and african american voters. She did a great job as first lady, then senator, and excellent work as secretary of state, constantly visiting other countries and strengthening our international relations. Sure according to fake, I mean, fox news and tehadists she is the worst person ever, but considering the source, well, you know......

I hope you're wrong.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:32 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Arresmillao View Post
When the dust clears, Hillary will emerge as the first female president of USA. Among all candidates she has the most extensive experience, she has great communication skills, has appeal with the younger voters, as well as older ones, dominates among hispanic, women and african american voters. She did a great job as first lady, then senator, and excellent work as secretary of state, constantly visiting other countries and strengthening our international relations. Sure according to fake, I mean, fox news and tehadists she is the worst person ever, but considering the source, well, you know......
Clinton will be the next president most likely, I even have a $200 bet on a odds prediction website. I think the only person who could challenge her would be Trump because he is such a knife to the establishment. The rest of the GOP candidates have no chance to beat Clinton, even Trump's odds are low, but that would be their best shot. Myself included, as of now I really like Trump, but if that were to change or if he didn't win the nomination, I would vote for Clinton.

Old 08-08-2015, 01:25 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Clinton will be the next president most likely, I even have a $200 bet on a odds prediction website.....
Hopefully you don't need that $200.

The only reason that Clinton is where she is, is because her husband was first elected as President 23 years ago and the Democrats have nobody else in the party of name recognition who will run. History has shown that when ever a political party is in this kind of position, they start to lose elections and lose badly.

The 2014 Senate election is a sign of things to come for them. And it won't be better until they can sweep house of a lot of the garbage that is there.

Old 08-08-2015, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hopefully you don't need that $200.

The only reason that Clinton is where she is, is because her husband was first elected as President 23 years ago and the Democrats have nobody else in the party of name recognition who will run. History has shown that when ever a political party is in this kind of position, they start to lose elections and lose badly.

The 2014 Senate election is a sign of things to come for them. And it won't be better until they can sweep house of a lot of the garbage that is there.
I could care less about that $200, but don't be so confident, look at 2012. I grew up in Alaska, a very conservative state. My friends and our business's customers thought it would have been a home run for Romney, it wasn't. Clinton is a career politician, she knows how to keep her mouth shut, knows what to say and most importantly knows how to fundraise a ton of money. The GOP will need to offer something new, something fresh to take her out. Another Romney will lead to another landslide win. The GOP needs to expand their base. Trump is doing that, heck he has me supporting him and my GF, both of which tend to side with Democrats.

Old 08-08-2015, 01:49 AM

Quote:
I could care less about that $200, but don't be so confident, look at 2012.
Obama won because he had an incompetent opponent who ran a horrible campaign whose own in house polling told him he was winning. It wasn't because Obama was a popular president. 2012 was the GOP's to lose. It was very similar to 2004 where it was the DNC's to lose. Yet they nominated that idiot Kerry as their candidate who picked the adulterer John Edwards as his running mate. The pair couldn't take out the very unpopular Bush.

Neither situation however changes what I've said. In regards to 2012 the difference in popular vote between Obama & Romney was 3% of the vote. i.e. It was those 3% who decided the election. Those kinds of numbers should not give either side the confidence they are headed in the right direction. Hillary, unfortunately for the DNC proves they haven't taken this lesson to heart.

Old 08-08-2015, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama won because he had an incompetent opponent who ran a horrible campaign whose own in house polling told him he was winning. It wasn't because Obama was a popular president. 2012 was the GOP's to lose. It was very similar to 2004 where it was the DNC's to lose. Yet they nominated that idiot Kerry as their candidate who picked the adulterer John Edwards as his running mate. The pair couldn't take out the very unpopular Bush.

Neither situation however changes what I've said. In regards to 2012 the difference in popular vote between Obama & Romney was 3% of the vote. i.e. It was those 3% who decided the election. Those kinds of numbers should not give either side the confidence they are headed in the right direction. Hillary, unfortunately for the DNC proves they haven't taken this lesson to heart.
I would be willing to bet you any amount of money that if the GOP decides to exclude minorities, youth, low-income earners etc, we will see the death of the GOP on a national level. They will still be relevant when it comes to local elections, but on a national level... nope. They need expand their base and the thing is... there are plenty of good talking points to attract more youth, minorities etc. However, if they choose not to even bother, well it's just a matter of time before it's good night.

Old 08-08-2015, 02:16 AM

1,548 posts, read 913,607 times
If H. Clinton is nominated I will take a hard look at the Repub. candidate, which is saying something because I haven't voted Dem or Rep. since 1996.

Old 08-08-2015, 02:31 AM

Quote:
I would be willing to bet you any amount of money that if the GOP decides to exclude minorities, youth, low-income earners etc, we will see the death of the GOP on a national level. They will still be relevant when it comes to local elections, but on a national level... nope. They need expand their base and the thing is... there are plenty of good talking points to attract more youth, minorities etc. However, if they choose not to even bother, well it's just a matter of time before it's good night.
If what you say is true, then I agree. But the GOP hasn't made a choice to exclude large segments of the population. That is the false bogeyman being presented here. On the other hand what I said was that it is the Middle Class which has abandoned the DNC. Big difference. The DNC needs to start figuring out why instead of railing about how the GOP excludes everyone.

Furthermore all politics are local. And where the local politics go, so do the national ones. This has been proven time & time again. The GOP now controls the Senate, the House, most of the governorships, most state legislatures. There is no reason to believe the trend won't continue in 2016 unless the DNC starts to do things radically different, and Hillary Clinton isn't radically different. She is the status quo that people have gotten sick and tired of.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 08-08-2015 at 02:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections