Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2015, 04:03 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I just heard the clip of him actually saying it. It was very clear that the "blood coming out of her eyes" was the jab. The wherever was thrown in much like when I throw in a whatever. This is the kind of stuff the press does to people all the time. I'm quite sick of it frankly.
That was my impression too. It's like he said her eyes and then realized that made no sense and just trailed off from there. I don't think he was thinking what his enemies are trying to make us believe.

Old 08-08-2015, 04:09 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That was my impression too. It's like he said her eyes and then realized that made no sense and just trailed off from there. I don't think he was thinking what his enemies are trying to make us believe.
Funny how whenever Trump speaks he has to have a stable of interpreters coming in behind him to explain what they think he meant to say. Only someone who knows him very well could answer whether or not he refers to "bleeding from lady parts" or PMS when he's in the middle of insulting a woman.

Old 08-08-2015, 04:16 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
according to his campaign it was specifically "nose" that he was trying to say..... which also makes no sense.

Old 08-08-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Funny how whenever Trump speaks he has to have a stable of interpreters coming in behind him to explain what they think he meant to say. Only someone who knows him very well could answer whether or not he refers to "bleeding from lady parts" or PMS when he's in the middle of insulting a woman.
I don't know about the interpreters. It was more than obvious from my post that I was talking about my own impression. I was listening to the interview (it was a phone, so there is no body language) and that is what it seemed to me - just a mind drift not a reference to menstruation at all. I caught it and thought OMG, but it really did not seem to be what the interpreters, as you call them, want to make it.

Old 08-08-2015, 04:20 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
according to his campaign it was specifically "nose" that he was trying to say..... which also makes no sense.
It also makes no sense as before the 'nose' explanation Trump was responding not by rejecting the menstrual meaning but by saying he didn't have to be PC. Trump supporters are still trying to take both sides - he didn't mean menstrual but if he did it is still OK.

Don't forget, the day before Trump said to Megyn: "if you don't like it, I'm sorry. I've been very nice to you, although I could probably maybe not be, based on the way you have treated me."

Old 08-08-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
Yeah, that is just dumb and makes no more sense than eyes. Later in the same interview, though, he said the same thing (blood from the eyes) when talking about Luntz. So it may be part of his lexicon, too. Maybe it's a New Yorker thing.

Old 08-08-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I don't know about the interpreters. It was more than obvious from my post that I was talking about my own impression. I was listening to the interview (it was a phone, so there is no body language) and that is what it seemed to me - just a mind drift not a reference to menstruation at all. I caught it and thought OMG, but it really did not seem to be what the interpreters, as you call them, want to make it.
Try watching the debate tape and watch Trump's body language when he he first made the comment about Megyn bleeding from her...whatever. Maybe you'll get it. The "nose" excuse didn't come until hours later in a tweet.

Old 08-08-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Try watching the debate tape and watch Trump's body language when he he first made the comment about Megyn bleeding from her...whatever. Maybe you'll get it. The "nose" excuse didn't come until hours later in a tweet.
What are you talking about? There was no body language. The comments were made on a phone interview with Don Lemon last night on CNN. I'm not buying the nose comment myself, but I stand by my impression that he did not intend a shot at it being that time of the month, or if he did, he cut himself off before he actually said it.

Old 08-08-2015, 04:55 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
This is all that matters. MSM and Establishment is doing everything it can to push another Bush or Clinton down our throats and it's not working.

The more offensive Donald Trump is, the more Americans want to vote for him, RICHARD LITTLEJOHN says | Daily Mail Online

Old 08-08-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about? There was no body language. The comments were made on a phone interview with Don Lemon last night on CNN. I'm not buying the nose comment myself, but I stand by my impression that he did not intend a shot at it being that time of the month, or if he did, he cut himself off before he actually said it.
I stand corrected. It was in the Lemon interview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections