Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2015, 10:20 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,405,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by And D View Post
"I agree that Hillary and Sanders are pathetic and most likely unelectable."

My prediction: Hillary vs Bush
This is what they would like, and Bush would lose. Thus, not nominating Trump would be the GOP playing to lose, and they would have to answer to their base for that moving forward. If they don't nominate Trump, and the GOP nominee loses, it could be the catalyst that destroys the GOP through permanent division.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:21 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,781,871 times
We are so used to soft ball Obama and Hillary interviews, who get tingles up their leg and then the pandering that we forgot that the media is supposed to be a watchdog.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:22 AM

59,277 posts, read 27,446,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't think that "personally" has appeared in many people's posts, when discussing Trump's bankruptcies.
You're reading that word into it, so that you can hi-jack the conversation. It's the epitome of spin.
The statement was, ""When you declare bankrutpcy,", referring to Trump personally. "YOU ," USUALLY is directed at a person.

Trump's COMPANY'S declared bankruptcy.

I have read many posts about this and they ALL refer to Trump PERSONALLY.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:23 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,925,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The statement was, ""When you declare bankrutpcy,", referring to Trump personally. "YOU ," USUALLY is directed at a person.

Trump's COMPANY'S declared bankruptcy.

I have read many posts about this and they ALL refer to Trump PERSONALLY.
More spin.

Did companies that Trump owned declare bankruptcy at Trump's direction?

Old 08-13-2015, 11:32 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,698,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

I have seen more conservatives call liberals "idiots" and "*******s" than other way around here, so what does that tell you?
Well since you asked....

It tells me that you are caught up on the false war of liberal vs conservative, when, there is essentially no difference between the two camps that wage this war. One side always faults the other side for something while ignoring the fact that it applies equally to their side.

Delusion at its finest.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:36 PM

28,970 posts, read 30,328,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I think Trump's hurt plenty of small businesses, and he's done it to protect his own pocketbook. That's part of the business of business, and I think that that is what you are saying. But it's important to understand that that's not part of the business of government. Government in this country is not about profits and the bottom line. Government is ultimately about doing what's best for people. Our government is for the people, by the people and of the people. Its policies should be designed thoughtfully and implemented thoughtfully to do the least amount of harm. I find Mr Trump very amusing, very entertaining, but I don't think he's shown much concern for others in terms of minimizing the harm he causes. Is he an ethical person, does he think about the long term, or is the bottom line his only concern? Right now, his campaign doesn't seem to be thinking about the long-term, it seems like he's thinking about the next poll down the line. He doesn't seem to be interested in developing relationships in the Republican Party, and he's burned a few bridges already. While you may think that those bridges should be burned, doing so doesn't show much planning ahead. And that may be because he sees this as a game. He's marketing himself, and the goal is to get higher and higher in the polls. But it's early yet. I'm convinced that as he dominates the media conversation, and seems enamored of the limelight, that at some point the public is going to become tired of his antics, and his poll numbers will start to decline. At which point, he may try to be even more outrageous, and people will become even more Trump-weary.
I get what your saying, however, over the past years since I've been old enough to vote, all I've seen is a change of hands and parties, and everything keeps getting worse.

Years ago, TIME magazine had an article in it about Ted Cruz, which really made me sit up and listen....however, he still is a bought and paid for Politician....

and by God, if something isn't done soon to restore american to some kind of fairness and get rid of the corrupt sesspool it has become, we're in for big big trouble, and that is why I honestly believe Trump is running...due to the Trouble we are in, he's got an investment, but at the end of the day, his investment has become his kids.....

I don't care what he said and did before...what I know for a fact, is, I was very liberal at a young age...and then I had my child, and I started to change, big time, and change some more, and here I am at the ripe old age of 66 and realize, how much I sound like my parents and neighbors who were in fact Republicans who sat on their porches and complained about our state of affairs.

Believe it or not, one day I was walking home and my foster dad was outfront angrier then a hornet...don't know for the life of me what set him off, but he talked more then I'd ever heard him talk before, and he was pissed. He said, "if people don't soon wake up, this government will get bigger and bigger until they will run our lives and tell us what we can do and say, and how to think?" Then he added, "and it's no ones fault but the people, they are to damn lazy to think for themselves!" And he was right on the money, honey! That is exactly what has happened.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Megan Kelly is a completely irrelevant and replaceable talking head with a pretty-ish face. Trump has the support of the majority of the Republican Base. It's a fantasy to think that whatever drama Kelly decides to stir up or cook up for attention will or should have any effect whatsoever on whatever Trump's future plans are. Insofar as she decides to make anything going forward about her, she should be terminated and replaced the next day with an equivalent employee. People would forget her within a short period of time.

yeah, but the thing was, it wasn't just Kelly, who was the guy with the glasses, he to attacked Trump personally? I don't get it, that people either didn't watch it and are going by what others say, or if they were so upset with Kelly they missed that other guy's attacks? But when they addressed other candidates, they treated them like decent human beings....and asked them questions pertinent to the job.

Yes, Kelly was wrong, however, she shouldn't take the heat and be the patsy for FOX news, any idiot would know that they told her and the other guy to do what they did, otherwise, they would have never done such a dumb thing. It was so obvious, they set out to tear a new one in Trump...so unfair...and unprofessional, but I don't believe she is the only one to blame here....however, the Media, better get their butts in gear, b/c more and more people are waking up to their shenanigans and lies.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:43 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,241,458 times
Most people assume that governments rule - and that a “democracy” is one of the better ways to be ruled.

However, under the republican form, the people are sovereigns, and rule themselves. Government is their servant, to ‘help’ secure their rights.

When robbed, one can petition the government (file a complaint) and the collective force of government is empowered to seek justice on your behalf.

If one does not consent (fails to file a complaint), the government will not unilaterally act to seek justice on your behalf.

(Sole exception is murder, because the existence of a corpse gives implied consent to investigate further.)
. . .
Under the republican form, the endowed rights of the sovereign people are not subject to nor object of the government’s delegated power. No government instituted to secure endowed rights can tax, regulate or infringe upon them.

Anything beyond securing rights of an injured party involves consent in one form or another.
. . .
Remember, only Americans are promised a republican form of government. No other nation on Earth has a republican form. (No connection with 'republic' nor 'constitutional republic.')

Old 08-13-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
We are so used to soft ball Obama and Hillary interviews, who get tingles up their leg and then the pandering that we forgot that the media is supposed to be a watchdog.
no more...somewhere along the line, after Walter Cronkite and the Best of the best, the media, realized, how easy it was to control people by misinformation or a simple slip of the tongue. Television defines society...with everything...family, fashion, and keeping us misinformed.

Owning a News Station, is a very very very powerful business.....

they promote the President and dictate who will be chosen....I've watched them for years, now and see how they lean to the side of liberal thinking....

In the beginning when Trump stated that he was running, boy did they run away with the whole thing and tried to make a circus out of it. Do you know a lot of people don't like Trump b/c they believe what the media tells them?

yeah, he's a big mouth, yeah, he comes off aloof, but so what, if his policies work, that is all that matters, and he's not standing there saying, like I've heard for so many years, all huffed up....

"I have a plan and it's going to work". And OMG, I fell hook line and sinker for Bush his first election, and then for Obama his first election...no more...and before that was Clinton...geeze louise, and I don't give a darn who they're sleeping with, what I care about it what are they going to do to fix this country.....

Old 08-13-2015, 12:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,295,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yeah, but the thing was, it wasn't just Kelly, who was the guy with the glasses, he to attacked Trump personally? I don't get it, that people either didn't watch it and are going by what others say, or if they were so upset with Kelly they missed that other guy's attacks? But when they addressed other candidates, they treated them like decent human beings....and asked them questions pertinent to the job.
Chris Wallace. If you go to the thread that was open during the debate, I piled on Wallace long before Kelly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections