Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 08:22 PM

8 posts, read 4,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
Santorum, Graham, Gilmore, Pataki, Perry, Jindal, Paul, and Christie. These guys have no prayer. I may have forgotten another one.

That sounds about right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 08:29 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,173,875 times
Perry
Bush
Fiorino
Christie
Rubio
Pataki
Graham
Walker
Kasich
Gilmore

Old 08-18-2015, 11:58 PM

99,574 posts, read 4,492,993 times
Huckabee, Pataki, Gilmore, Perry, Carson, Santorum, Jindal and Christie just off the top of my head.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:00 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times
^^^ Carson is coming in at 3rd place in some polls. Why should he drop out?

Old 08-19-2015, 12:38 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
I don't know who should drop out, but I know who I WISH would drop out.

Open borders advocates: Rubio, Graham, Bush, Perry. Perry is about to drop out. Graham never even got started. That leaves Bush, whose colorless personality and connection to the Bushes will probably do him in. It also leaves Rubio. I hope Trump goes after him on his Schumer-Rubio amnesty plan.

Candidates who I think would make good presidents: Trump, Huckabee, Walker, Christie, Santorum.

All except Santorum are former governors or successful businessmen. They know how to run things, often in the face of determined opposition. Santorum is the one exception, but he has been the most consistently conservative politician in Congress so he gets my approval.

?/remains to be seen: Fiorina, Gilmore, Petaki, Jindal, Kasich, Carson. They need more exposure.

Most likely to win if nominated: Trump, Rubio, Walker, Christie, Kasich. Trump will pull in a surprising number of Demcrats and Independents, while keeping the Republican base. The others will appeal to larger and larger numbers of voters over time as they gain more exposure. Rubio is dangerous precisely because he could win.

Good VP picks (based on electability only): Kasich, Fiorina, Cruz, Rubio, Paul, Carson. Kasich brings the swing state of Ohio. Fiorina gets more women interested. Cruz and Rubio will appeal to at least some Latinos. Paul gets a lot of the youth vote. Kasich is liked by a lot of Democrats.

My ideal ticket at this point would be any two of Trump, Christie, Walker, Huckabee, and Santorum. I'll capitalize what I think could be winning tickets:

TRUMP/CHRISTIE, TRUMP/WALKER, Trump/Huckabee, Trump/Santorum, CHRISTIE/TRUMP, CHRISTIE/WALKER, Christie/Huckabee, Christie/Santorum, WALKER/TRUMP, WALKER/CHRISTIE, Walker/Huckabee, Walker, Santorum, Huckabee/Trump, Huckabee/Christie, Huckabee/Walker, Huckabee/Santorum, Santorum/Trump, Santorum/Christie, Santorum/Walker, Santorum Huckabee.

Bottom line: The BEST candidates now in terms of electability AND being good leaders are TRUMP, CHRISTIE AND WALKER.

Last edited by dechatelet; 08-19-2015 at 12:57 AM..

Old 08-19-2015, 12:49 AM

7,542 posts, read 11,576,646 times
These are the best in the GOP Christi Kasich Rubio Fiorina the rest should drop out now they have no chance in hell

Trump every time he speaks he offends everyone he has offend Mexicans and women many times already please drop out now so the other candidates who have something meaningful to say speak

Old 08-19-2015, 01:16 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,340 times
They'll be dropping like flies very soon.

Most of them has run out of money.

I think Perry will be first.

Then Santorum probably.

Graham should also quit.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:38 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
Nobody yet. They're barely getting started.

We'll see in another month. If they are under 3% by then they should drop out.

Then another month after that, if they are under 5% they should drop.
this, however i think they should wait until november before dropping out.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:50 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times
The ones I want to stay in the race (alphabetized):

Cruz, Fiorina, Paul, Trump, Walker

Old 08-19-2015, 05:44 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Question:

In your opinion, which Republican candidate for President should drop out of the race now?
None. I want the number of them to keep ticking off the pundits. My belief is the candidates all got into the race because they didn't believe that Bush was inevitable despite the talking heads emphasizing his awesomeness, ability to beat Clinton and fund raising prowess. You may notice that when Trump is leading the pack with 24%, all they can talk about is the 76% he doesn't have but when Bush comes in with 10%, you never hear about the 90% he doesn't have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections