Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 06:40 PM

21 posts, read 40,240 times

Advertisements

So, I read a piece in the Tampa Bay Times about Florida's March Primary. It says that Two thirds of the Florida Insiders predicted Jeb Bush will win Florida's primary and ultimately the Republican nomination too.

So who are the Floridas Insiders?

And do ya'll really want another Bush in the White House?

Ray
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 08:46 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,387,704 times
Scott Walker looked very good on TV tonight. He was doing a town meeting in NH on CSPAN.

Old 08-23-2015, 09:30 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
I think a Donald Trump/Rick Scott relationship will work well for Florida.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:50 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayj00 View Post
So, I read a piece in the Tampa Bay Times about Florida's March Primary. It says that Two thirds of the Florida Insiders predicted Jeb Bush will win Florida's primary and ultimately the Republican nomination too.

Ray

We don't need another Bush in the White House.

And we sure as hell don't need another Clinton with a bush in the White House.

It's time to flush the toilet on political retreads.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:10 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
We don't need another Bush in the White House.

And we sure as hell don't need another Clinton with a bush in the White House.

It's time to flush the toilet on political retreads.
Can't give this guy any more rep at the moment. But it's worse than political retreads, it's political dynasties, which against the very American spirit, the spirit of '76.

Are we a spiritless nation now?

The last time we came close to a dynasty, we passed a Constitutional amendment. Maybe we need one now to prohibit children, siblings and spouses.

Anyway, to the OP, if you read the article carefully, it does mention that most of the interviewees are party operatives working for the Jeb Bush campaign, so their views and expectations may be biased.

At any rate, I believe the chances are better than 50-50 that the two major nominees will be Bush-Clinton. I believe there is a British company that actually takes money bets and makes odds, so that's probably a better source than any polls some 14 months out.

And, yes, Americans are that spiritless and dumb.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:41 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Actually, Jeb! and Rubio do very well as the native sons (i.e., they outperform in FL as compared to other states), and Mr. Trump does great there too.

Mick

Old 08-24-2015, 08:00 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayj00 View Post

Ray
The Florida Insiders (Florida Republican Party) aren't psychics as much as they are probably the ones that legally rigged the Florida primary for Bush.

I've said this before but this is what I think Florida is up to:

They scheduled their primary much later than usual this year. Normally, they go before Super Tuesday which if they did that this year would put them after South Carolina or after Nevada still in February and 4th or 5th in line. This year 20 states vote ahead of them (so far) plus Puerto Rico. They don't vote until March 15. Now why would they do this?

I think Florida did this so Bush and Rubio don't split the Florida vote allowing some other candidate to carry Florida. They gambled (and I don't think it's a big gamble) that Rubio will be out of the race by the time Florida votes on March 15 after 20 states and Puerto Rico have voted and "Inevitable Jeb" will then be able to carry Florida.

The only question I have for the Florida Insiders is whether Rubio's people know what they're up to.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:39 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
That only if we want to sink and never return to the surface!

It sucks that with so many transplants wanting to live in "paradise", our politics only cater to the rich, while the rest struggle on non-livable wages!

Florida is modern day slavery central at this point. #sad that we continue to try so hard to live in the past and have no concern for the future.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:43 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Maybe we'll get lucky and have Rubio or Palin as Trump's VP!

Old 08-24-2015, 04:55 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Rick Scott? Really?

Despite a mediocre statewide turnout of 50.5 percent, this was Florida's first midterm election in which more than 6 million voters cast ballots. A closer look at the numbers:

2,865,343 Votes is the Number of votes for Rick Scott.
Democrat Charlie Crist got 2,801,198 votes.

64,145 Votes is Scott's margin of victory in votes, a slight improvement from his 2010 victory over Alex Sink, which was by 61,550 votes.

48.14% is Scott's winning percentage and is the smallest in a Governor's race since 1916, when Sidney Catts won as the Prohibition Party candidate with 47.7 percent.

He barely won over Charlie ( I'm a Republican /Independent/ Democrat ) Crist!

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politic...-64145/2207010
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections