Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:49 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,907,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
So, if the majority want to ban abortion in SC, it's just fine with you. What about the women, who live in your state, but find themselves in the minority?

You want to limit a woman's right to choose, RP is indeed your man. His views on abortion line up with such sterling characters as Pat Roberson or James Dobson.
This is not about Ron Paul. This is the start of of change.

YouTube - Ron Paul Progress
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 11:53 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
If they wanted off-shore drilling then go right ahead, I rather we remove our dependence on oil from foreign countries. So if that means we have to drill our coastline, then go ahead. To me cheaper gas is better than expensive gas.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:54 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why would the oil companies want to spill oil?

I would think they would rather sell it.

Also would it be legal to spill oil all over these areas?
I would think that would not be allowed.
They do it through negligence, over a quarter of a million gallons were spilled at Prudhoe Bay in 2006. The environmental track record of the oil industry is abysmal. The oil companies access, to sensitive areas, must be restricted.

Btw, did you also know RP would allow coal mining on federal lands?

If you don't care about the environment, vote for RP.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:56 AM

1,720 posts, read 6,728,348 times
Okay...you convinced me. I will vote for RP because I don't care about the environment.
I just care about ending illegal immigration and taxes.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:58 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,443,387 times
Upton, what's wrong with coal mining? Next you'll start saying you don't support nuclear power either.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:00 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Wind power is bad too,it kills birds.

We should all go live in caves,as long as we don't light any fires.

Air pollution don't you know.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:03 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
I care more about supplying enough energy to warm the poor families during the winter. So excuse me if I vote for Ron Paul.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:07 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I care more about supplying enough energy to warm the poor families during the winter. So excuse if I vote for Ron Paul.
I think the poor families would feel good about themselves as they froze to death,knowing they didn't help hurt Mother Earth.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:11 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,907,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
They do it through negligence, over a quarter of a million gallons were spilled at Prudhoe Bay in 2006. The environmental track record of the oil industry is abysmal. The oil companies access, to sensitive areas, must be restricted.

Btw, did you also know RP would allow coal mining on federal lands?

If you don't care about the environment, vote for RP.
As a native Floridian, I understand your concern for the enviornment. I'm just curious though, where were all you tree huggers when every inch of marshland was being plowed over to accommedate a housing demand that didn't exist? What did exist was big politics allowing it to happen to scratch thier supporters backs. Since Ron Paul doesn't have big company lobbyist backing him, that won't be a concern. As far as I know he is the only one who won't have any backs to scratch. Educate me, which candidate do you believe is going to save the enviornment? I liked your posts much better when you talked about your pug. At least you had first hand information on that subject.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:27 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Upton, what's wrong with coal mining? Next you'll start saying you don't support nuclear power either.
Coal mining, at the moment, is a necessary evil, but NOT on federal lands. Is nothing sacred anymore? Or are we to leave industry to rape the lands that should be passed on to our children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections