Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 10:23 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,401 times

Advertisements

At this juncture polls just don't hold much credence with me. That said, anyone who says that Hillary isn't in trouble is blind. It continues to get worse and worse for her and it is problems of her own creation. I have said from the very beginning that she is vulnerable and I believe she is. I have my doubts that she will get her parties nomination at the end of the day. If Hillary is vulnerable, either way that cracks open the door both in the primary as well as the general. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out over the months ahead, but any of you that think Hillary is a cinch to win are delusional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 10:23 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Show me those claims you claim I made.

Please.

Read your own posts, please.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:28 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,529,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
All possible. But, I note, that there wasn't really any allegation of lawbreaking with Benghazi (at least as the story was initially run), but rather incompetence largely. The FBI was never investigating Benghazi. But, note, Hillary and Obama were both able to "laugh" off Benghazi as some sort of GOP-manufactured issue, but know that Hillary has since gotten more serious with this email server issue.

And, note, to have such high numbers on this issue means that the problem is much greater than just Republicans not trusting her.

I'm on the edge of my seat awaiting the GOP's investigative results. So far, they've been after this email thing for what, two years already? And she's turned over all the stuff the FBI has asked for.

I'm no Clinton fan and never voted for either of them.

But I've sure seen LOTS of GOP investigations that resulted in nothing but name-calling and nothing more. At this point, I'll wait for something substantive. Because so far all it's been is a lot of hot air and right wing hopes for a Clinton catastrophe.

We'll see.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,529,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Read your own posts, please.
No need to. I wrote 'em.

Where are these claims you claim?

And please don't be so bitter that I've called your bluff.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:33 AM

30,628 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Quote:
I'm on the edge of my seat awaiting the GOP's investigative results. So far, they've been after this email thing for what, two years already? And she's turned over all the stuff the FBI has asked for.

I'm no Clinton fan and never voted for either of them.

But I've sure seen LOTS of GOP investigations that resulted in nothing but name-calling and nothing more. At this point, I'll wait for something substantive. Because so far all it's been is a lot of hot air and right wing hopes for a Clinton catastrophe.

We'll see.

The GOP isn't doing the main investigation; rather, the FBI, led by a director appointed by Obama, is. And, as this director has shown in the past, he is not shy about recommending charges against both Democrat and Republican politicians for illegality. (As an update on the matter: http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-a...e-email-2015-8). The only question would be whether the White House would ultimately sanction any potential filing of charges. But, given that the White House has OK'd the investigation to begin with (and Obama has "blessed" a Biden run), I don't think that it will get in the way.

Sure, Congress is doing its thing, too, but they don't have the power to charge Hillary with anything.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:35 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,308,615 times
Quote:
A snarling right wing website posts an article slagging on a Democratic presidential hopeful.

Will the wonders never cease?

A Democratic Presidential hopeful becoming more hopeless.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:38 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
“Liar” is the first word that comes to mind more than others in an open-ended question when voters think of Clinton.

Q poll: Trump numbers soar, Hillary continues slide - Connecticut Post

(newer article)
From the same article you quoted:

Quote:
Jeb Bush has a negative 32 - 41 percent favorability rating among all voters, with Clinton getting a negative 39 - 51 percent score, her worst ever. Ratings for other top contenders are 48 - 39 percent for Biden; Negative 36 - 54 percent for Trump; 41 - 27 percent for Rubio; 32 - 28 percent for Sanders.

Trump and Clinton have the worst scores among top candidates on honesty. Clinton is not honest and trustworthy, voters say 61 - 34 percent, her lowest score ever;
Trump is not honest and trustworthy, voters say 54 - 38 percent.
I'd say neither Hillary nor Mr. Trump is trusted by the American public. Their scores are similar in that regard. Yet they are the frontrunners. Go figure.

Mick

Old 08-30-2015, 10:38 AM

25,957 posts, read 22,102,658 times
I couldn't believe that she stooped to using the "race" card: Hillary Clinton Calls Donald Trump a RACIST... And Trump FIRES Back in an EPIC WAY! - The Political Insider

I do think the Democratic Party played some games with Hillary when they pulled Obama out of the hat and now, they are at it again. They'll ask her once again to back the nominee which ever loser that may be. She has been dupped by her party and her husband. Sad.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:56 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,308,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I couldn't believe that she stooped to using the "race" card: Hillary Clinton Calls Donald Trump a RACIST... And Trump FIRES Back in an EPIC WAY! - The Political Insider

I do think the Democratic Party played some games with Hillary when they pulled Obama out of the hat and now, they are at it again. They'll ask her once again to back the nominee which ever loser that may be. She has been dupped by her party and her husband. Sad.

Again!?!

Old 08-30-2015, 11:00 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Umm, why are you quoting an article (and poll result) from July 16? Six weeks ago!! A certain irate poster would be upset at the use of such an old poll.

Despite all of that, she, Biden and Bernie kick the crap out of the GOP field. RealClearPolitics - Latest Polls (see August 27, 2015) I guess you don't have to be honest or liked to beat the GOP candidates. Strange.

Mick
Mick, I'm Republican but, I would rather see Biden or Bernie than her....she's that bad. Christ, if I were Bill I'd be riding Monica Lewinski like Sea Biscuit....at least she had a smile and seemed to enjoy herself....contrast that to Hillary....who would you chase between the two if you had a gun pointed at your head and asked to choose?

Hillary is just too.....too......cold? Uncaring? Detached? Cynical? Biotch? Petty? Angry? Abusive? Liar? Untrustworthy? Evil? Do any of those inaccurately describe her? She's just flat out mean and can't be trusted....as much fun as I have had with Biden, he doesn't seem like any of those traits....clumsy? out of touch? sure but, not evil....Sanders? not evil......

Hillary? Evil incarnate....period. Even the anti-Christ is afraid of her....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections