Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 03:39 PM

21,992 posts, read 15,786,465 times

Advertisements

The funny thing is it doesn't matter where Obama was born. Obama's mother was American. He could have been born in North Korea and he would still be eligible. This is why Ted Cruz is eligible. Ted Cruz was born in Canada but his mother was American. Notice how Republicans have no issue with Ted Cruz? Why is that exactly?

I was shocked to hear that Karl Rove said Obama should be grateful to McKinley for his role in making Hawaii a state. Of all people, one would think Karl Rove would know that Obama is an American whether Hawaii was a state or not. Because of his American mother. Just like Ted Cruz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 03:44 PM

100,117 posts, read 4,514,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The funny thing is it doesn't matter where Obama was born. Obama's mother was American. He could have been born in North Korea and he would still be eligible. This is why Ted Cruz is eligible. Ted Cruz was born in Canada but his mother was American. Notice how Republicans have no issue with Ted Cruz? Why is that exactly?

I was shocked to hear that Karl Rove said Obama should be grateful to McKinley for his role in making Hawaii a state. Of all people, one would think Karl Rove would know that Obama is an American whether Hawaii was a state or not. Because of his American mother. Just like Ted Cruz.
Of course Rove knows better. However, he can't appear on Fox News unless he caters to its Tea Party viewers and their hatred of Obama.

Old 09-01-2015, 03:47 PM

61,255 posts, read 87,669,059 times
trump is going to get hillary elected president
as to where obama was born
95% of people think i am from another planet
does that make it true?

Old 09-01-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
trump is going to get hillary elected president
as to where obama was born
95% of people think i am from another planet
does that make it true?
I hope you're right, I just find the whole Trump thing amazing. All those "principles" the GOP has been screaming for the past seven years were immediately dropped the day he started calling undocumented immigrants names. It's not much different than their opposition to growing the deficit, immediately dropped to pass the completely unfunded Medicare Part D because they thought it might get them votes - followed by Cheney saying "Deficits don't matter".

Old 09-01-2015, 04:16 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,519,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You made absolutely no point with this post.
except to show the percentage breakdown when republicans, democrats and unaffiliated are ALL asked the same question regarding birtherism.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:21 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,780,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
except to show the percentage breakdown when republicans, democrats and unaffiliated are ALL asked the same question regarding birtherism.
You still make no point in regards to what I said.

This topic is bogus because it states that 61% of Trump supporters ........ Except they didn't ask Independents, Democrats, or anyone else who might support Trump but who didn't identify themselves as a Republican.

Par for the course I guess. There are people from both political parties, the ones who can't possibly imagine anyone but a status quo establishment career politician being nominated for president, who are looking under every rock in attempt to disqualify Trump.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The funny thing is it doesn't matter where Obama was born. Obama's mother was American.
on this point the birthers actually would have an argument. there is an age and residency requirement for mothers to automatically confer US citizenship to their baby:

"For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen, is required for physical presence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child."

stanley ann dunham would have missed the requirement by 3months. but.... since obama was born in HI it's a moot point.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:25 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,843,849 times
Quote:
You still make no point in regards to what I said.

This topic is bogus because it states that 61% of Trump supporters ........ Except they didn't ask Independents, Democrats, or anyone else who might support Trump but who didn't identify themselves as a Republican.

Par for the course I guess. There are people from both political parties, the ones who can't possibly imagine anyone but a status quo establishment career politician being nominated for president, who are looking under every rock in attempt to disqualify Trump.
The thing is - Trump is running as a Republican. In the Republican primary.

Are you seriously saying that most of Trump's support comes from non-Republicans?

Because if you are, give me a minute to check my storage shed, because I'm sure I have a spare bridge somewhere around here...(busily rummaging>>>>)

Old 09-01-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
The thing is - Trump is running as a Republican. In the Republican primary.

Are you seriously saying that most of Trump's support comes from non-Republicans?

Because if you are, give me a minute to check my storage shed, because I'm sure I have a spare bridge somewhere around here...(busily rummaging>>>>)
I'm counting on Republicans thinking Dems will vote for Trump. Let them nominate this guy. They just need to STOP with the "Family Values" business within the GOP. Their values don't exist as Trump clearly proves.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
my apologies. you bring up an interesting question that i'd love to know the answer to. until that poll is taken i think it's fair to point out that this is just 61% of republican trump supporters who buy into birtherism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections