Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 03:39 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,913,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I have no criticism of your right to hold opinion and it's irrelevant to this topic.

The point of the topic was to spin a "statistic" from a poll disingenuously to make it sound as if ALL Trump supporters are crazy. You have tried to prove me wrong on pointing out that Democrats & Independents were not asked and you failed at that.
To assert that ALL Trump supporters are crazy, the poll would have to be that 100% of Trump Supporters Think Obama Was Born Outside the US. All does not correlate to 61%. And it is a really high percentage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 03:45 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,474,034 times
Quote:
... to make it sound as if ALL Trump supporters are crazy.
do you believe someone that embraces birtherism is "crazy"?

Old 09-02-2015, 05:09 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i have done no such thing and have consistently pointed out the percentages in all the polls i've cited in this thread. please cite where i've inferred or hinted that ALL trump supporters are crazy.

really?

you must have missed the post where i CONCURED with you that democrats and independents were not polled in the PPP poll:
  1. Never said you did. Try reading what you are responding to again.
  2. Yes, really.
  3. I didn't miss it.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:16 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Quote:
do you believe someone that embraces birtherism is "crazy"?
Your question is yet another fallacy in which you try to make it about me. However, I will indulge you this time.

First.... There is no such word as "birtherism". This is a pejorative created by those fighting the false war of GOP vs DNC. It's in the same category as *******, right-winger, etc used by partisans of both sides who are blinded by party dogma.

If your question is: "Do you think people, who question Obama's honesty about where he was born, are crazy?" Then the answer is no. Obama has not demonstrated that he is honest about almost anything. Though at this point, its a waste of time to keep making an issue of it.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
If your question is: "Do you think people, who question Obama's honesty about where he was born, are crazy?" Then the answer is no. Obama has not demonstrated that he is honest about almost anything.
the facts of obama's birth were confirmed by the HI department of health in october 2008 ( and multiple times since ), the 1961 HI birth index ( available to the public ) and two contemporaneous newspaper announcements available on microfilm in multiple libraries across the US including the library of congress. none of those sources are dependent on obama's honesty/dishonesty.

do you believe a rational person should dismiss all that information?

Old 09-02-2015, 07:13 PM

4,585 posts, read 3,414,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
That further confirms all of the other studies of who Mr. Trump's supporters are demographically.

Hint: The Senior Senator from Arizona has a hunch. Also think of today's Clint Eastwood (and his buddy chair from the 2012 RNC).

Mick
As usual, can I please see a survey of the population at large asking the same questions? You see, I am a Republican who also believes the President is a Muslim born outside the US, why, because the liberals in my immediate family told me the thought he was when they voted for him in 2008.

Like one of my ultra liberal parents said on election night: "Wow, did you know his middle name was Hussein and he's Muslim? How cool is that!"

So, OP, if we find that an even larger, or say 55% of Clinton supporters think Obama was born outside the US, will they still make your "nutjob" list?

Old 09-02-2015, 07:29 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,553,151 times
Quote:
the facts of obama's birth were confirmed by the HI department of health in october 2008 ( and multiple times since ), the 1961 HI birth index ( available to the public ) and two contemporaneous newspaper announcements available on microfilm in multiple libraries across the US including the library of congress. none of those sources are dependent on obama's honesty/dishonesty.

do you believe a rational person should dismiss all that information?
That is where you lose many.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:12 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,531,386 times
This is such a non issue I have no idea why it's still a news item....... oh, wait a minute I know why, it gets headlines. ATTENTION BIRTHERS....... ATTENTION BIRTHERS.......... Obama isn't running for president, he is a lame duck and he is only in office for about another year. Time to put this argument to bed and concentrate on the next election.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
So, OP, if we find that an even larger, or say 55% of Clinton supporters think Obama was born outside the US, will they still make your "nutjob" list?
i've been consistent with my views towards birthers regardless of party affiliation. i've always pointed out that some of the earliest birthers were clinton supporters ( the PUMA'S and phil berg ). it's an irrational belief from either side of the political spectrum.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
As usual, can I please see a survey of the population at large asking the same questions? You see, I am a Republican who also believes the President is a Muslim born outside the US, why, because the liberals in my immediate family told me the thought he was when they voted for him in 2008
already posted in this thread:

Have We Got A Conspiracy for You - 9/11? JFK? Obama's Citizenship? - Rasmussen Reports™

"Forty-one percent (41%) of Republicans believe Obama is not an American citizen, compared to 21% of unaffiliateds and 11% of Democrats."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections