Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 11:09 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,065,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I've seen how people like you add:

Black person going on picnic + rainy day = mother nature is racist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 11:12 AM

26,581 posts, read 14,498,841 times
i just noticed another interesting number from the PPP poll: 62% of ted cruz supporters polled believe that cruz was born in the US.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:19 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,685,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i just noticed another interesting number from the PPP poll: 62% of ted cruz supporters polled believe that cruz was born in the US.
All that proves is how uninformed most Americans are regardless of party affiliation.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
I can see this poll now.

"Do you believe we have a problem with illegal immigration?" - If yes, this person is counted as being racist.
it's the root that is making the "birther/anti-birthright = racist" connection. the actual PPP poll is pretty straight forward ( see link ).

Old 09-02-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
All that proves is how uninformed most Americans are regardless of party affiliation.
it would be one thing if it was 62% of the general population but for his own supporters to miss the widely reported facts of his canadian birth is pretty amazing.

Old 09-02-2015, 12:20 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,611,423 times
Talking Public Policy Polling Survey: 61% of Trump Supporters Think Obama Was Born Outside the US

It's true that Barack Obama was born in Kenya.

Quiz for the clueless:

Name the president's father.

If you can.

<hint: this is a very easy quiz>

Carry on.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:58 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,729,238 times
Quote:
you and others are critical that i'm pointing out a large percentage of republican trump supporters are subscribing to an irrational belief but that exact same irrational belief is held by trump himself.
I have no criticism of your right to hold opinion and it's irrelevant to this topic.

The point of the topic was to spin a "statistic" from a poll disingenuously to make it sound as if ALL Trump supporters are crazy. You have tried to prove me wrong on pointing out that Democrats & Independents were not asked and you failed at that.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:00 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,729,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The Root has more credibility and integrity than the self proclaimed white only news/media outlets Breitbart, The Blaze, and Fox News.. I knew you were going to attempt to discredit the news website so I linked the source polling data directly.
They interpreted the poll data incorrectly. As already pointed out the poll did not ask Democrats and Independents yet The Root absolutely did not take this into account when they posted their conclusion as fact. Same for you who parroted that here.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:07 PM

587 posts, read 380,601 times
Someone would have to poll Trump supporters to be sure but I don't think anyone would be surprised if they are birthers. He attracts a lot of conservatives.

I don't believe for a minute he is attracting independents or democrats in large numbers. That's what Trump supporters want others to believe but the polls say otherwise.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The point of the topic was to spin a "statistic" from a poll disingenuously to make it sound as if ALL Trump supporters are crazy.
i have done no such thing and have consistently pointed out the percentages in all the polls i've cited in this thread. please cite where i've inferred or hinted that ALL trump supporters are crazy.

Quote:
You have tried to prove me wrong on pointing out that Democrats & Independents were not asked and you failed at that.
really?

you must have missed the post where i CONCURED with you that democrats and independents were not polled in the PPP poll:

Quote:
my apologies. you bring up an interesting question that i'd love to know the answer to. until that poll is taken i think it's fair to point out that this is just 61% of republican trump supporters who buy into birtherism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections