Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 02:15 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
Rand Paul has bigger problems than Bernie Sanders.

Is he even making it to the CNN debate?

That I agree with. Rand Paul tried to play it save, unlike his father. Trump didn't and this is what happened. Had Rand Paul began with saying "if the entire Middle-East was on fire I wouldn't send a single marine to pee on it. I am tired of spending taxpayer money on the sand people and their wars." He could have won over the anti-war crowd and the xenophobes...instead he turns his back on non-intervention to appeal to a mainstream audience.

It is still VERY early, but there is a good chance that, unless he does something BIG, like pull out a pistol in the debate and say "yeah, I take this everywhere" or something, he will be done. At least he can try again cause he is still pretty young for a politician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 02:23 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Ron Paul was a repulsive political figure and a bigot. Ignorant racists, no matter how earnest they sound, should be ignored. What Sanders stands for is far superior than anything advanced by bigots. Hence, it's no wonder that the media focuses on him, as the Conservative ideology continues its free fall, while still pretending to be relevant.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:39 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
The media love affair with Bernie Sanders

Media loves Clinton, not Bernie Sanders

Bernie Sanders has gotten an extremely small amount of MSM coverage compared to Hillary over the last 6 months. And they still cover Clinton as if she will become the President of the USA even though we are months from the first vote even being cast in the priority. For a while, Hillary could stop to take a tee at a rest area on the highway, and it would be breaking news so they can tell us of this "important event".

I imagine the only reason they give Sanders token coverage now is because he is high in the polls, and to ignore him would shred the last bit of credibility they have with the few still foolish enough to pay attention to the MSM.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:54 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The media love affair with Bernie Sanders

Media loves Clinton, not Bernie Sanders
The media loves Donald Trump (and Trump loves the media). If they love Hillary, they sure have strange way of showing it, as they keep talking about her emails and how she is not leading the polls anymore.

Old 09-08-2015, 04:32 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
I think it's more of a matter of them not taking Sander's candidacy seriously enough to report on anything except the size of the crowds he draws.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:02 AM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I hate the mainstream media.
I do too, and will continue to hate them until they end the media blackout on Bernie. Trump could fart and Bernie could change water into wine and the headline would go to Trump.

Bernie is the only candidate who can save the American Dream.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Which media are you referring to? I read a lot, but I have not seen evidence of what you are talking about.
Exactly. All American media is owned by six corporations, which in turn are owned by Wall Street. Therefore, there's a media blackout going on because of Bernie's positions on Wall Street and the 1%ers. He can't be bought, and that scares hell out of a lot of people with money.

For some reason it also scares hell out of a lot of people who love voting against their best interests. Working people have a better chance of prosperity and upward mobility with a Sanders Administration, but they are too ignorant of economics to understand how the economy works, so they believe what their favorite media outlet tells them with spin put on the story to appeal to their particular demographic.

The GOP is right - keep 'em dumb and you can control them.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Again, how many hard questions is he being asked?
That's the problem - he's not being asked any questions at all. When he is he gives direct answers.

What are your questions for him? I'll be at the opening of his headquarters here in Columbia Thursday and will probably get a chance to talk with him since I'm a volunteer. I'll be happy to see if I can get him to clear up your misconceptions.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I think it's more of a matter of them not taking Sander's candidacy seriously enough to report on anything except the size of the crowds he draws.
That didn't stop the media from falling in love with Trump way before he started moving ahead in the polls.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:41 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
I think some people will argue "the media helps him/her" about any candidate they don't like, as if they had an unfair advantage. We have been listening to that complaint for years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections