Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 02:48 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
There is a lot of phony information being passed around (usually referred to as propaganda .. but I thought I'd be more kind) in an effort to derail Carly Fiorina. This is because of her corporate ties, and the left hate anyone who has anything to do with corporate America.

Funny thing is that they do like jobs, and they do like their "stuff."

The greatest hypocrisy is that many of them complain that we need a woman President. Then when we have a woman that is uniquely qualified (read "brilliant") they trash her and do everything they can to destroy her campaign. (I don't consider Hillary as "uniquely qualified" — she's a common criminal, and a political opportunist.)
bunk

nobody said we need a woman president who cares
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 03:09 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
https://www.conservativereview.com/C...-Hillary-Donor

Carly donated extensively to Hillary Clinton.
and so did Trump. Did you hear her last night, what she had to say about Hilary? Obviously you did not. She said she admires some things Hillary has done, but she also said her feeings have changed about the woman.I think she is to be praised for her view, not blasted. I admire Pres Clinton for some of what he accomplished as President, but I can't stand him because the way he treats women. I think Bernie Sanders is probably a wonderful man, but I would never vote for him.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:37 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
What bothers me most about Fiorina is how she twists the facts. She is running as an "outsider", when her past history shows her to be anything but! https://www.conservativereview.com/C...utsider-status

She is running on her success at Lucent and HP when they were but a success. She not only did damage to the 30,000 people she laid off, but also people who had invested in the companies and lost everything.

And she is trying to play the bereaved parent when she brought up the "child" she and her husband buried due to an addiction to prescribed drugs (not marijuana which was the subject of the debate).

We already have a liar in chief.....why do we need another one?

Old 09-24-2015, 04:42 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
Step children are not second class in most step parents hearts. Shame on you for such an idea. With such a thought, the rest of your post loses any possibility of being credible. Simply a repugnant idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
What bothers me most about Fiorina is how she twists the facts. She is running as an "outsider", when her past history shows her to be anything but! https://www.conservativereview.com/C...utsider-status

She is running on her success at Lucent and HP when they were but a success. She not only did damage to the 30,000 people she laid off, but also people who had invested in the companies and lost everything.

And she is trying to play the bereaved parent when she brought up the "child" she and her husband buried due to an addiction to prescribed drugs (not marijuana which was the subject of the debate).

We already have a liar in chief.....why do we need another one?

Old 09-24-2015, 04:47 PM

What half truths, innuendo and garbage. True to form for junior staffers. We have seen this sort of new poster, high rep count, Johnny one note performance before. Pffft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's not that she donated to Clinton's campaign, it's that she lied about it. And worse, she herself brought the issue up so that she could lie about it. From the link:

"I didn’t get a phone call from Bill Clinton before I jumped in the race. Did any of you get a phone call from Bill Clinton? I didn’t. Maybe it’s because I hadn’t given money to the foundation, or donated to his wife’s Senate campaign."

And yet, she did give money, to both the foundation and, on nine separate occasions, donated to Hillary's Senate campaign. Something no one may have known had she not brought it up herself simply so she could tell another whopper.

She is imploding, and it's all self-inflicted. Truly stupid, stupid behavior.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:49 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
She would be a huge improvement over Obama even if she only used half her brain.
No she wouldn't, even with her whole brain. If she was that great she would still be at HP, wouldn't she. Obama got elected twice. Yep. Two times. Talk to us when HP hires her back....

Old 09-24-2015, 04:50 PM

Sure she' did. Just like her personal email server was 'allowed' and that no classified business was conducted on it. There is a reason her believability numbers are upside down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It was the Face The Nation interview yesterday.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:56 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
"There is no job that is America's God given Right anymore"
Carly Fiorina - 2004

Is the spirit there to protect the American working class?
Florina is just a con artist and snake oil salesman combined. She talks the talk, but has a record that no one would want to handle with bare hands. George Bush in a skirt.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:04 PM

Ditto, ditto, ditto. The real world is never reflected in ignorance and partisan lies, half truths and innuendo. Great exposition on your part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Can we lose this rhetoric about Carly Fiorina and 30,00 jobs? At the time she took over as CEO, H.P. and many other tech companies were struggling. H.P. was on the decline. When H.P. and Compaq merged, there was a lot of duplication. I've been through that when I worked for a division of Scientific Atlanta. When S.A. merged two similar divisions, a lot of us lost our jobs, including me, and my boss, the Marketing Manager.

When business gets tough, a company has to figure out how to get lean. That's life in the big city. No one is guaranteed they will have their job for life. No one.

As for the company stock falling: In 2000, H.P. stock split 2 for 1. A company splits its stock when the price gets too high. A 2 for 1 split automatically means the value of each share drops by 50%. That's what happened at H.P. A stock split makes it easier for small investors to buy the company's stock, so it's a good thing, not a bad thing. This is why the price of stock is not really a good measure of a company's performance.

When I listen to Carly Fiorina speak, I hear a woman that is brilliant. She understands the world, and she understands business. She knows that America has been gravely weakened by Barack Obama, and she knows what needs to be done (rebuilding the military is one). She also knows what it takes to get the economy moving again, because she understands why we're in the mess we're in.

Perhaps you should listen to her, instead of bashing her record at H.P., using the propaganda of the disgruntled former employees and her political foes, who rely on the public's lack of knowledge of business and economics to make their accusations stick.

Edit:

I should add that no one gave a crap about what Obama did to G.M. stock holders when the government took over G.M., and Obama ignored the law and screwed the stock holders out of thousands, showing favoritism to his union friends. They elected him again in 2012. What he did to G.M. stock holders didn't matter.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:06 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times
Don't think any job is considered a right. Maybe Sanders can include that in his campaign, along with free cars for everyone too.

Fiorina just isn't very good. She's quite nasty and I can just imagine her "negotiating" with other countries. Still want Mr. Paul, but I suspect a Rubio/Kasich ticket would be the GOP's best bet to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections