Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 12:52 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,614,054 times

Advertisements

Latino activists in Dallas are planning a rush-hour "Dump the Trump" march Monday evening to counter an expected massive city rally for GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump, Texas media reported.

Local chapters of the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) and other area activist groups said they planned to bus protesters in from as far away as Houston to "march against hate," said Domingo Garcia, a Dallas lawyer and president of LULAC Council 102.

Latino activists plan 'Dump the Trump' march in Dallas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 01:21 AM

22,474 posts, read 12,007,727 times
These groups think that by "marching", it will turn voters against Trump. However, so many Americans are angered by illegal immigration that this "march" is likely to backfire big time. In other words, in the end it will help, rather than hurt Trump.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:17 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
Hypocrites......why don't they march all the way back to their country and try to enter our country LEGALLY like our laws demands?

Why don't these Latinos go protest Mexicos immigration laws instead of coming to our country to protest and demand that we ignore the laws just for them.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:34 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Seems like a good opportunity for ICE to send in their buses. They will be able to fill them up fast. Of course, the Obama Administration loves the illegals, wants to give them special rights that taxpayers don't get, so it won't happen.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:13 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
In many countries south of the border it is illegal for foreigners to get involved, in any way, with politics of those countrys. That is not the case in the USA.

This may be the election that demonstrates we have a country based on laws or one which is controlled by illegals and their supporters and/or foreign interest. It is becoming a bigger issue than when Trump first brought it to attention as a candidate.
The history of the issue goes back decades and involves both foreign and domestic policy. We have kicked the can down the road long enough. It's time for legal Americans to raise a voice and Congress better hear it and act. Electing a president who will not ignore it or usurp the law but engage the issue and solve it with comprehensive reform to bring about an enforceable policy is long overdue. Not everyone is going to be satisfied or get what they want. No matter which side of the issue people support we need to arrive at a solution that can and will be enforced.
As a national security issue how anyone can imagine there is homeland safety with a porous border boggles the mind.
There will always be weakness to exploit at the border but allowing unprotected corridors of entry to exist and be ignored is a failure of this governments primary duty to protect and defend.

Last edited by phma; 09-14-2015 at 05:27 AM..

Old 09-14-2015, 05:28 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,940,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
These groups think that by "marching", it will turn voters against Trump. However, so many Americans are angered by illegal immigration that this "march" is likely to backfire big time. In other words, in the end it will help, rather than hurt Trump.
Yep, any and all exposure Trump receives is good exposure.

So by thinking we need to maintain our national borders I am a hate monger? OK, I can accept that.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:22 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
That's what I think too. The more the criminals demand, the more the light bulb will come on for those that live in the darkness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Seems like a good opportunity for ICE to send in their buses. They will be able to fill them up fast. Of course, the Obama Administration loves the illegals, wants to give them special rights that taxpayers don't get, so it won't happen.
My thought too. Load the buses. Wouldn't these rallies make it that much easier. Have you ever seen any other criminals unite into groups and protest? US citizen criminals have to remain on the down low or get their butts hauled away. I remember when the "hippies" and/or "anti-war" groups used to protest and there was much less tolerance for them than for these illegals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Yep, any and all exposure Trump receives is good exposure.

So by thinking we need to maintain our national borders I am a hate monger? OK, I can accept that.
Yes, that makes you: (1) "hater" (2) "racist" (3) "bigot" and probably some other things that don't come to mind. However, I would warn you as a citizen to be very careful because although they will tolerate criminal behavior from these illegals, you probably wouldn't get away with such an act. I have seen a lot of demonstrations where citizens were treated very poorly. Makes me wonder though, if we all got together there to protest illegal immigration at the same point, how would that turn out. I would guess that since we were one or all of the 3 things noted above that we would be attacked and it would be our fault. If we injured one of them when they attacked us, we would be guilty of a "hate" crime. Too much red tape to detain an illegal.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:28 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,949,984 times
The demonstrators, after clogging 5:00 rush hour traffic with their march through downtown Dallas will end at 6:00 in front of the American Airlines center where Trump will be speaking and bash a huge Donald Trump pinata they have made. A very foolish move guaranteed to backfire.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:44 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times
Whether it is Dump Trump or someone else who opposes unfettered illegal immigration, this is pure and unadulterated agenda of taking over a, (the U.S. in this case), country by force.

Sex when the answer is no is rape.

Immigration, migration when the answer is no, is _____.

Think about that.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:14 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
I agree with ALL of you. Period.

IMHO those "Latinos" are running scared the US will get serious about chasing off illegal aliens so, those fools are trying to "keep" control of the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections