Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2014, 09:08 PM

43 posts, read 55,569 times

Advertisements

Didn't know how else to word it but I will try to explain the ethnic part the best I can. Yes I know it isn't the proper term to use but I had to use some term to differentiate between someone like a Raul Esparza (who isn't the kind of latino I am talking about) compared to a Wilmer Valderrama (who is the kind of latino I am talking about).

I have read statistics that say when white women go interracial they go for latinos more than any other ethnic group but my actual experience shows that it might not actually be as common. When we think of Latino we think of looks, someone with dark hair, dark eyes, and usually a skin tone that ranges from tan to almost olive.

Someone like Wilmer Valderrama for example.

Well here is what I mean by ethnically, we know that someone like Charlie Sheen, Lionel Messi, or Raul Esparza are also latinos by definition even though they look no different than a white person. I used the word ethnically to distinguish between what latino truly means (and we come in all colors) vs what is perceived to be a latino by common americans (someone with a swarthy like appearance).

Though I have known a few white anglo females with hite latino boyfriends and husbands that looked no different from a white person, I notice that it is somewhat uncommon or rare here on the east coast to see an ethnically latino male with the same complexion as say Adam Rodriguez or Wilmer Valderrama with a girlfriend or wife that happens to be a white anglo female.

The reason I am asking is because I am a darker latino male who is in a relationship with a white girl and we are one of the very few couples in our area like this, our life has been made difficult at times because of it.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:10 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Welcome to City Data .

You aren't allowed to post race threads like this.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...read-keep.html

"Racial topics (such as "Why don't Asian men date white women?") are usually deleted as inflammatory or race-baiting. This is up to the mods and based upon the poster's history, tone, etc."

Old 07-01-2014, 09:13 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
I've seen a lot of white women with Hispanic-looking men in So and Nor Cal. The predominant Hispanic background in this region is Mexican and Puerto Rican. Very common where I have grown up and lived.

Region/location, demographics, cultural/ethnic diversity play a huge role in what you see or don't see represented near you.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:25 PM

43 posts, read 55,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Welcome to City Data .

You aren't allowed to post race threads like this.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...read-keep.html

"Racial topics (such as "Why don't Asian men date white women?") are usually deleted as inflammatory or race-baiting. This is up to the mods and based upon the poster's history, tone, etc."
I read that carefully and I am not trying to provoke a race war or say which race likes which race but simply trying to get an idea of something. You see, this could help me and my girlfriend because we are thinking about moving away from north florida to an area that is a bit more accepting or tolerant of us. And thanks for making me aware of the rules.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:33 PM

44,351 posts, read 20,056,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nando1984 View Post
I read that carefully and I am not trying to provoke a race war or say which race likes which race but simply trying to get an idea of something. You see, this could help me and my girlfriend because we are thinking about moving away from north florida to an area that is a bit more accepting or tolerant of us. And thanks for making me aware of the rules.
Sorry, but the thread is locked. Unfortunately, this type of thread never ends well in this forum.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships