Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 05:27 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

It seems Marco Rubio has a 29% attendance record when it came to voting as a Senator which sounds similar to Obama but of course Rubio has better ideas than Obama but if we compare apples to apples it is just as worse.

When Rubio came out with his support for illegal to get a path to a green card like the Dream Act I decided to write a letter as I had done before and send to other State legislators like Bill Nelson (Democrat Senator in Florida), and some Congressman on both sides. Also Gov. Scott was send a similar letter.

All replied with what looks like a personal letter but of course it most likely was written by a staffer which is fine as it shows they care about the people in Florida but taking the time to answer a personal letter.

Rubio never answered and someone told me that since he just became a Senator to give it another shot which I did and the letter was send again but a few sentences changed.

The response I got was that I needed to sign up for something linked to Rubio and to be verified so with hope on getting and answer I did all that.

Than a phone call from Rubio's camp came asking for money to support him and I told the staffer I had send 2 letters and he went on that it will be looked at but meanwhile it would be nice to support Rubio with some money for his campaign.

In the end I did get a call from a female staffer and she told me ( letter was about legal immigration) that legal know they have to go back when they apply for a visa as the letter was about E2 visa's which are investment visa's for business owners who employ US citizens. She went on to say that it has no path to a green card and E2 visa holders know it and that they shouldn't come here if they wanted it differently or apply for a different visa (like that is easy).

I asked her why Rubio is supporting illegal aliens who don't even should be here and if one group should go back it is not legal aliens who pay taxes and law obeying people while Rubio is supporting the people who break the law.

She was rude and didn't seem to care a bit and tried to get of the phone a.s.a.p.

That's was all I heard from Rubio's camp. A rude female staffer who clearly wasn't supporting legal aliens but illegal!

Later I spoke with a person who is an advocate for E2 visa holders and told her about what happened and she actually had the same experience speaking to this same female staffer and she even knew the name and she was in shock how this could be coming from a person running for the Presidency and his parents are immigrants!

I always had a soft spot of E2 visa holders and their heart breaking stories as not everyone realizes when they apply for that visa what the consequences are down the road as people are enthusiastic to start a business here and some have them for over 25 years and than face reality that when they quit the business they have to leave the country within 14 days! How is that fair for people who created jobs, paid taxes, buy all their stuff here( support the economy) and than the US says bye and no go back!

Meanwhile there are people running for the Presidency like Rubio supporting illegal to stay here and get a path to a green card!

That is why I never will support Rubio since he forgot his roots and his ego is too big to have a simple letter drawn up to show at least some understanding like all other did on both sides of the aisle!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 05:33 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
Sorry you had such a negative experience. Rubio cannot be bothered to show up and do his job, so why should he be bothered to respond to any constituents questions? It makes you wonder exactly what the heck he is doing, other than collecting his taxpayer paid salary. If he were in the private sector, he would have been fired by now.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:08 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Excellent post Bentlebee. I had the same experience with a candidate coming to my door for a local election asking for support. I had written 2 or 3 letters asking for assistance and never heard a word. It embarrassed the candidate at the door and that made me feel better. Changed nothing and they didn't get my vote.

More people really need to make an effort to contact their elected officials to really know how concerned they are with their constituents.

Rubio was so nervous during the debate, "too green", to begin with. Having known a lot of people, I can pretty much size up what his psychological profile would be and it isn't right for POTUS. I heard about his voting record. It reminded me of someone who doesn't want to be wrong and if you do nothing, how can you get it wrong. Unfortunately, in the real world, that doesn't play out well. We can't have someone who is not confident enough to make a decision on something and be able to stand behind that decision. We are talking about the POTUS.

It is unfortunate that his office would have an attitude that showed favoritism to illegals. I have no issue with immigrants coming in, sleeves rolled up and ready to work with us to build our country BUT to come with hands out, ah, no, we have enough of those citizens already and I wish we could ship ours out to any of those south of the border countries.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:14 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Rubio is a Politician. He only cares about himself. He is a young guy with old ideas.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:25 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Rubio is a Politician. He only cares about himself. He is a young guy with old ideas.
What can you expect from someone whose mentor is Bush? Bush and Rubio, mentor and protege, become potential 2016 foes | Washington Examiner

I mean really, if you want "old" ideas, the Bushes are the place to get them.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:32 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
What can you expect from someone whose mentor is Bush? Bush and Rubio, mentor and protege, become potential 2016 foes | Washington Examiner

I mean really, if you want "old" ideas, the Bushes are the place to get them.
Absolutely right. We've had two Bushes in office and each is worse than the one before. Jeb is supposed to be the "smart" one? (I doubt it)

Old 10-06-2015, 06:43 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Not voting on bills or resolutions that clearly have already been decided is excusable in my book. How may times did McConnell hold a vote on repealing through Healthcare Reform Act? It was all for political reasons and after the first couple votes held, the others were irrelevant.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:49 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It seems Marco Rubio has a 29% attendance record when it came to voting as a Senator which sounds similar to Obama but of course Rubio has better ideas than Obama but if we compare apples to apples it is just as worse.
I had to stop at the first sentence. What ideas of Rubio's are superior to Obama's?

Rubio said this below, in his official response to Obama's State of the Union:

Quote:
This idea – that our problems were caused by a government that was too small – it’s just not true. In fact, a major cause of our recent downturn was a housing crisis created by reckless government policies.
This displays that Rubio buys into the "Barney Frank did it" story. Deregulation, the explosive growth of virtually unregulated shadow banking, lax lending standards by loan originators who sold their loans off as soon as they were made, had nothing to do with it -- it was all the Community Reinvestment Act, Fannie, and Freddie.

Look, this is one of the most thoroughly researched topics out there, and every piece of the government-did-it thesis has been refuted.

From what I've read about Rubio, he follows the typical GOP path -- he's against taxes and wants a smaller government, but doesn't say what he'll cut to get that smaller government. As a Florida Senator, let him propose cutting Medicare and Social Security.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:57 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,940 times
I'm glad you posted that, bentlebee. Personal experiences mean a lot more than stump speeches or debates. I don't think as much of him now as I did.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:18 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
More than anything this shows they are not really needed. Not only he is not showing up for work he is not even doing the work he was elected to do. This business of holding office AND running for presidency has to stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections