Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 10:58 AM

756 posts, read 424,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"I’ve been told to, and I quote, ‘stop shouting’ about gun violence. First of all I’m not shouting. It’s just sometimes when women talk people think we’re shouting,”
Hillary Clinton

Versus

Quote:
"I can't think of anything more of an outsider than electing the first woman president"
Hillary Clinton

Soooo, were supposed to believe her gender makes her a more appealing candidate in one instance but in another she's a victim of sexism?
Can't have it both ways! If we have equality, you can claim outrage at sexism but you don't get to claim that your gender makes you a more appealing candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 11:03 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
You know what? This woman just cannot stop being a drama queen and hateful

Clinton apparently referred to a moment in the Democratic debate when Sanders said that “all the shouting in the world” will not improve gun laws.

“I’ve been told to stop shouting about guns,” Clinton said to cheers. “Actually I haven’t been shouting, but sometimes when a woman talks, some people think it’s shouting!”

Bernie sanders NEVER disrespect women and said women like to shout.

She is such a drama queen. Plays Gender card is really getting old. I am a girl, and I won't vote for Bernie. But I like the old grandpa. He is not a sexist or a hateful man.

She is a drama queen and a career politician who will use every trick in the book to get rid of the honorable old Bernie Sanders.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:10 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,391,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Clinton apparently referred to a moment in the Democratic debate when Sanders said that “all the shouting in the world” will not improve gun laws.

“I’ve been told to stop shouting about guns,” Clinton said to cheers. “Actually I haven’t been shouting, but sometimes when a woman talks, some people think it’s shouting!”

She is such a drama queen. Plays Gender card is really getting old. I am a girl, and I won't vote for Bernie. But I like the old grandpa. He is not a sexist or a hateful man.

She is a drama queen and a career politician who will use every trick in the book to get rid of the honorable old Bernie Sanders.
Hillary is no spring chicken herself. He is 74, she is 69.
And, I, too, am tired of HRC's twisting of facts.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:10 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:

Yes, you are a girl. Women who have struggled in the working world for the last 40 or 50 years understand what Hillary is talking about. A man can say something and be deemed "forceful," and a woman who says the same thing is called "shrill" or "bitchy." You are young, so you haven't experienced a lot of this yet, and you may not to the same degree because of all the women who came before you and broke the ground for you.

You're welcome.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, you are a girl. Women who have struggled in the working world for the last 40 or 50 years understand what Hillary is talking about. A man can say something and be deemed "forceful," and a woman who says the same thing is called "shrill" or "bitchy." You are young, so you haven't experienced a lot of this yet, and you may not to the same degree because of all the women who came before you and broke the ground for you.

You're welcome.
what is she complaining about? that bernie sanders is attacking all women for shouting?

whatever. Maybe you should read op's article before lecturing me.

Bernie sanders has never disrespected women. She is a damn drama queen if she used Bernie sander's remark as a example of disrespect of all women.

She said "It’s just sometimes when women talk people think we’re shouting"

No, that not what Bernie sanders meant, Bernie sanders said " “all the shouting in the world” will not improve gun laws" It has NOTHING to do with women or men. She made it a Gender issue. drama queen alert.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:31 AM

756 posts, read 424,902 times
Quote:

You're welcome.

That's fine but the point is, it doesn't work both ways.
She doesn't get to complain about a sexist reaction when we are supposed to have an equal playing field between the two genders and then play up HER gender as a benefit to her candidacy.

I also agree with lilyflower3191981 that I highly doubt that was Bernie Sander's intention. But, hey! Why let facts stand in the way of scoring some cheap political points, especially after he DEFENDED her in the email scandal by saying the American people were tired of hearing about it.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
what is she complaining about? that bernie sanders is attacking all women for shouting?

whatever. Maybe you should read op's article before lecturing me.

Bernie sanders has never disrespected women. She is a damn drama queen if she used Bernie sander's remark as a example of disrespect of all women.

She said "It’s just sometimes when women talk people think we’re shouting"

No, that not what Bernie sanders meant, Bernie sanders said " “all the shouting in the world” will not improve gun laws" It has NOTHING to do with women or men. She made it a Gender issue. drama queen alert.
I'm not lecturing you, I'm telling you why Hillary said what she said. If you choose to pretend that there is no sexism in the workplace anymore, or that she won't be held to standards that men are not, well, life will teach you otherwise eventually.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
I'm not lecturing you, I'm telling you why Hillary said what she said. If you choose to pretend that there is no sexism in the workplace anymore, or that she won't be held to standards that men are not, well, life will teach you otherwise eventually.
Please read the OP, it was about ONE particular remark

"all the shouting..." and Hillary turned it into a Gender issue.

I've never pretended there is no sexism in the workplace, but Bernie's particular remark has absolutely NOTHING to do with Gender.

Did Hillary play Gender card in this PARTICULAR CASE? she absolutely did.

Drama queen alert.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:35 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
Hillary is no spring chicken herself. He is 74, she is 69.
And, I, too, am tired of HRC's twisting of facts.

you would rather go back to bush and cheney lying to us?

Old 10-26-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Please read the OP, it was about ONE particular remark

"all the shouting..." and Hillary turned it into a Gender issue.

I've never Pretend there is no sexism in the workplace, but Bernie's particular remark has absolutely NOTHING to do with Gender.

Did Hillary play Gender card in this PARTICULAR CASE? she absolutely did.

Drama queen alert.
Again, you choose not to understand what she was saying in the larger context. I'm a Bernie supporter, by the way. He's my first choice. But I'm also a woman and I understand where Hillary was coming from. As, I'm sure, do millions of other women. And the GOP dismisses that as merely "playing the gender card" to their detriment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections