Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you vote for Hilary Clinton?
Yes - She is completely and totally amazing. 32 27.35%
No, she would be an absolute and total failure. 85 72.65%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 03:55 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times

Advertisements

So far the CD poll shows that The King is going to have a dramatic loss against her opponent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 03:56 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,099,160 times
Not a fan of Hillary but so far the Republican choices are keeping her as an option.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:03 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
I will not vote for hillary in the primary.
In fact, I will not vote the democratic ballot in the primary.
If hillary wins the nomination, I would waste my vote on a third party candidate instead of voting for her.
I might even write in my own name, if I don't see somebody worth voting for.
She is not amazing, and I don't particularly think she would be a failure, so I can't vote in the poll.
I just simply do not like the woman!

Old 10-29-2015, 04:20 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,545 times
The only way I would vote for Clinton is if Rubio wins the nomination. Otherwise, I'm voting Republican next year.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:23 PM

254 posts, read 146,014 times
I wont vote for Hilary and I wont vote democrat. Trump or bust.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:47 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Really? If you have no clue, I can only take a shot at trying give you one.

You need to brush up on the Constitution, and understand the words within the oath of the President.

Then you'll have to explore the definition of what an oath is; a solemn promise, often invoking a divine witness, regarding one's future action or behavior.

The last few presidents have failed to keep their oath, but I believe took the oath seriously. Sanders couldn't honestly say that he would protect the Constitution. Oh sure, he could say the words, but he would be lying.

There, I took a shot.

And missed. By a mile.

1) No religious test will *ever* be required -

Article VI, paragraph 3

"3 The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

2) The president may either swear an oath or make an affirmation. No mention of a god of any sort - at all. No holy book or other holy object.

Article II, section 1, paragraph 8

"8 Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—‘‘I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.’’

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CDOC-11...-110hdoc50.pdf

Honestly, I knew this when I graduated from the eighth grade, over 50 years ago. Where on earth did you go to school????

Edited to add - You might know more about the Constitution if you perused it instead of dictionaries.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:58 PM

25,960 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Interesting though that it looks like the Bible is present even without a requirement in the Constitution for that. A choice. I suppose they'll end up forbidding the presence of the Bible at the swearing in since we know that "choice" is limited these days when it comes to God and the Bible.

Obama to use 2 Bibles when he takes oath of office | Fox News I didn't realize this and it was quite interesting.

Old 10-29-2015, 05:18 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Interesting though that it looks like the Bible is present even without a requirement in the Constitution for that. A choice. I suppose they'll end up forbidding the presence of the Bible at the swearing in since we know that "choice" is limited these days when it comes to God and the Bible.

Obama to use 2 Bibles when he takes oath of office | Fox News I didn't realize this and it was quite interesting.
Most, if not all, presidents have sworn on a bible, but it is in no way required. It's a private decision.

Congressman Keith Ellison took his oath of office on Thomas Jefferson's copy of the quran.

Since it is a private decision, and not required, I'm not sure why anyone would object to the use of the bible. The inauguration ceremony is not a religious rite.

Here's an interesting article on the use/non-use of bibles at inaugurations - Why doesn't every president swear his oath of office on the Lincoln Bible?

Old 10-29-2015, 05:21 PM

7,825 posts, read 4,568,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Doubtful but then again if Trump were to actually be selected as the GOP candidate I would think long and hard, would probably not vote at all in that case, would consider staying home and having an Irish Wake to the demise of the Great Nation called the USA.
Actually a New Orleans Jazz Funeral rather than an Irish Wake would be more appropriately patriotic but that would mean a Texas Republican would have to stomach a black thing for a few minutes, and well, we can't have that can we?

Old 10-29-2015, 05:28 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
If I was buried neck deep in a pool of snot, and you were going to cover my head with a sack filled with African Killer Bees unless I pulled the lever for that lying, unethical, immoral piece of sewer waste, well, let the stinging begin!

OK, really, I would vote for that meat sack if, by some cosmic act of cruelty, Al Sharpton was the other candidate.

OMG, how did that scenario even enter my mind? I need a hobby.
i think you found the one scenario where i would consider voting for hillary, after which i would shoot myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections