Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 07:06 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,898,024 times

Advertisements

"If you’re running for President of the United States and you can’t handle yourself against three CNBC moderators without, you know, crying foul and calling for intervention, then you’re not gonna do very well against Vladimir Putin either. So I’m not going to complain about it."

Christie: If You Can't Handle The Debates, Then Don't Run For Prez

Well said, Governor Christie. I couldn't agree more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 07:15 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,310,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
"If you’re running for President of the United States and you can’t handle yourself against three CNBC moderators without, you know, crying foul and calling for intervention, then you’re not gonna do very well against Vladimir Putin either. So I’m not going to complain about it."

^^^^This. I'm starting to like Christie more. It will be interesting if the revolting candidates (no pun intended) break away from the RNC and others don't. Also if the revolting candidates don't want the RNC involved in the election, maybe they'll split off. If they aren't connected to the RNC, their 'No Third Party Run Pledge' would be invalid.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:16 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,110,776 times
Quote:

So there IS an adult running for president on the GOP side after all...

Old 11-01-2015, 07:20 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,334,425 times
Quote:

Agreed!

Old 11-01-2015, 07:24 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,245,794 times
Okay, have Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and Laura Ingram moderate the next Democratic debate then.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:47 AM

6,812 posts, read 6,971,657 times
There is nothing wrong with tough questions. But there was something terribly wrong in the insulting choice of words used and the insulting delivery by the moderators. Kind of like the way the media chooses the most insulting adjectives and terms in writing articles about Republicans.

When a debate starts off with the first question being "What is your greatest weakness?" I think we all knew what the general tone of the debate would be.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:09 AM

24,057 posts, read 15,174,810 times
I thought that defining greatest weakness was a standard job interview question.

There has been a picture on my frig for the last 30 years proclaiming half of being smart is knowing what you are dumb at.

It would help anybody with their own self perception. If a person wants in my pocket for the next 4 years, that is something worth knowing.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with such a question.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:11 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,732,972 times
Actually Trump already said this and correctly points out that any question can be answered.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:15 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,770,961 times
Quote:

I agree, but its ironic he says that, because he was one of the loudest complainers.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:22 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,339,876 times
The criticism was not about “tough” questions”. It was about stupid questions. What does C in CNBC stand for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections