Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 12:07 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
EMP is not magrav is not scalar. US Navy Aegis systems are vulnerable.
Whatever the Pentagon chooses to admit or not on an official basis
is automatically disinformation.

And what is your source for the story? Russian media? Come on!

Please describe the details of the "electro-magnetic super-tech", as you describe it, and how it differs from an EMP weapon. Are you referring to the hypothetical Keshe Plasma Generator? It's a nice idea but there isn't a single documented working example of such a machine. There are major physics problems that would have to be solved for such a device to exist. For the time being it's relegated to sci-fi and conspiracy discussions.

For that matter there is no real evidence that the ships radar system was ever actually disabled... that was just a claim made in Russian media (which tends to claim all sorts of bizarre things).

And please provide evidence that Russia is using "Tesla domes" for protecting ground assets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 12:11 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,052 times
If your story was true, that would be even more reason to ramp up our military.

The sad thing is no one is addressing the REAL PROBLEM with military spending, and that is WASTE AND FRAUD.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:14 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
If your story was true, that would be even more reason to ramp up our military.

The sad thing is no one is addressing the REAL PROBLEM with military spending, and that is WASTE AND FRAUD.
There is a lot of wasteful spending in the military, but it's mainly because it uses the same baseline budgeting that congress uses.

Force them (and congress) to use zero line budgeting and you'll save a ton of money.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:15 PM

1,676 posts, read 945,629 times
OP, Israel isn't "funding the terrorists" in Syria---in fact, Israel is killing them, notably striking at Hezbollah. They are doing nothing more than keeping their borders secure and staying out of the conflict---Iran and the Palestinians are their major concern.

But I do agree with you about Trump and Paul having the best ideas about Syria. Let Russia and its allies take care of it. The idea of Jeb and Fiorina wanting to start WW3 over Syria is even more crazy and nonsensical than many things Cheney wanted to do.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:16 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
#1 in business - Never pay for something somebody else will do for free! I agree with Trump, let's stop being stupid.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:22 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Anyone that trusts Putin and approves of his actions is not only an idiot, he has no business in American Politics. I can see how Trump would like Putin, Narcissists are birds of a feather and have the same ideas when it comes to politics, it is all about them.
Trusts? I care less. It's really none of our business. Let's stay in our own neighborhood. If Trump said this though, I may have pause to reconsider him.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:38 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,588 times
Yeah, because diplomacy has been working SO well for us thus far...

Old 11-11-2015, 12:43 PM

369 posts, read 193,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
#1 in business - Never pay for something somebody else will do for free! I agree with Trump, let's stop being stupid.
For once, Trump makes more sense than his opponents.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:01 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trusts? I care less. It's really none of our business. Let's stay in our own neighborhood. If Trump said this though, I may have pause to reconsider him.
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — One day after President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin made little headway in their standoff over Syria at their first formal meeting in more than two years, Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump is agreeing with Putin on his backing of Syrian President Bashar Assad.

Speaking on Fox News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor" Tuesday evening, the billionaire businessman and presidential front-runner praised Russia's recent military buildup in Syria and expressed little concern for Putin's support for his longtime Syrian ally.

"If he wants to fight ISIS, let him fight ISIS," Trump said in an interview taped at his Trump Tower skyscraper in Manhattan.

"I say there's very little downside with Putin fighting ISIS," he added.

The U.S. has long insisted that Syria's future cannot include Assad. But Putin has cast Assad's government as the best defense against Islamic State militants, a group the U.S. is also working to defeat.

Trump also suggested that Assad, who has used barrel bombs and chemical weapons against civilians, was preferable to other potential options.

"Personally, I've been looking at the different players and I've been watching Assad, Trump said, " ... and I'm looking at Assad and saying maybe he's better than the kind of people that we're supposed to be backing because we don't even know who we're backing. We have no idea."

Obama and Putin have a tense relationship that was on full display as the pair met at the United Nations General Assembly in New York.

Trump has long predicted that he would get along well with Putin and declared Monday that, "Putin is a nicer person than I am." He repeated his criticism that Putin is the better leader when compared with Obama.

"I will tell you that, in terms of leadership, he's getting an 'A' and our president is not doing so well," he said. "They did not look good together."
Enough said.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:39 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
And please provide evidence that Russia is using "Tesla domes" for protecting ground assets.
Here is one mention of it.
Russian Jamming System Blocks All NATO Electronics Inside Bubble 600 Km in Diameter over Syria
The entire subject is one you could spend years researching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections