Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 08:26 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
if you live in central Fl, the haters are screaming about the poor PR's coming to the US with the terrible economy that is destroying their island-- they do not like them either - and see them the same as the illegals - and they are citizens-- they say uneducated -don't speak English, have no skills taking up American jobs-and all the food stamps they can get-- and will not assimilate--- there is more than just the lack of papers going on,,, so if you are of Hispanic decent- you fall in that bowl of cereal anyhow.
Ive made this point repeatedly, Puerto Rico is proof that the supposedly "anti-illegal immigration" crowd are really just anti-Hispanic bigots. It's not a coincidence that the biggest enemies of equality in Congress are also the biggest "anti-illegal immigration" congressmen.

Ironically, Puerto Ricans living in Florida and Ohio will get the last laugh when they punish the GOP ignoramuses by handing the White House to Hillary on a silver platter. If the GOP was smart they would approve Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection, extend the Earned Income Tax Credit, and commit to a binding status referendum (the FY2014 granting of $2.5 million for a status referendum is not binding but rather "federally recognized").
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 04:58 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
there is a lot of good things that can be done-in PR --
I understand the drug wars on the border- I understand the violence - I understand the coyotes- they need to be shot on site- and I agree some areas are overrun- I saw the Cubans hit Miami like a swarm of bees in the Mariel - I get that. - but I will again say again-clean up in our own front doorstep before we talk about what anyone else is doing.
will legalizing weed stop some of the drive at the border?
will e-verify stop the hiring?
will changing the immigration system be more efficient, and timely help families stay together ?
and will the budget talks against FED law enforcement - become a non issue, so they can do their jobs-?
right now on a continuing resolution-- not even a fed ex can be sent-- for lack of funding-- yet you want Intel man hours to see who tried to destroy France ??
there is no money to fight any of this --then you yell at the leaders of DHS- or the pres-- but want less spending--
can't have it both ways.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:53 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What are you talking about? Those of us for the rule of law don't hire illegal aliens so how are we responsible for them being here? We already know about those employers that do and we want them held accountable so where is the hypocricy? What self-awareness are you talking about? You're not making any sense here. You're attacking the wrong people here.
So you missed the posters here by people who claimed that they had no way of knowing if their contractor/subcontractors hired illegal labor. Or that a factory owner had no way of verifying the citizenship of their workers. They were railing against illegal immigrants while claiming that they had no responsibility in contributing to the problem.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:46 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
So you missed the posters here by people who claimed that they had no way of knowing if their contractor/subcontractors hired illegal labor. Or that a factory owner had no way of verifying the citizenship of their workers. They were railing against illegal immigrants while claiming that they had no responsibility in contributing to the problem.
So, you are holding up a minority of people as an example of the majority of those of us who oppose illegal immigration who are not contributing to the problem? Yeah, I forgot that's what liberals and pro-illegals do.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:51 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post

you are being disingenuous.

If you hire somebody directly and pay them directly you have to verify that that worker has legal status. If they have fake I.D. and stolen social security numbers there is nothing you can really do unless you have X-RAY powers and read people's minds.

If I do business with a legit business company who they hire contractors and sub-contractors there is NOTHING you can do directly because you didn't hire those workers and you are not paying them directly.

I can give you thousands of examples. I flip houses for a living, I use local legit companies who have local city business licenses but those companies use contractors and sub contractors and if a group of those workers come to the houses to do a job, I can't demand papers just because they look Latinos or speak a language other than English, that would be PROFILING and I have no sources or authorization to verify their identities or immigration legal status because they don't work for me directly and I don't pay them directly. You have to assume that the companies you are doing business who have legit licenses are on top of their hiring and they are BONDED (meaning those workers are insured in case something happens at the job site)

It gets more complicated if you live in Sanctuary Cities which most of them are run by the Democrat Party. 31 cities from San Francisco, San Jose, San Diego, San Jose, Oakland, Los Angeles, Chicago, Denver, Miami, New York City, Philadelphia, Detroit and more........these cities have adopted sanctuary ordinances banning city employees and police officers from asking people about their immigration status.

If the POLICE can't get the immigration status of an immigrant worker, what makes you think ordinary Americans like me can? but you say its my fault for contributing to the problem?

Old 11-16-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
there is a lot of good things that can be done-in PR --
I understand the drug wars on the border- I understand the violence - I understand the coyotes- they need to be shot on site- and I agree some areas are overrun- I saw the Cubans hit Miami like a swarm of bees in the Mariel - I get that. - but I will again say again-clean up in our own front doorstep before we talk about what anyone else is doing.
will legalizing weed stop some of the drive at the border?
will e-verify stop the hiring?
will changing the immigration system be more efficient, and timely help families stay together ?
and will the budget talks against FED law enforcement - become a non issue, so they can do their jobs-?
right now on a continuing resolution-- not even a fed ex can be sent-- for lack of funding-- yet you want Intel man hours to see who tried to destroy France ??
there is no money to fight any of this --then you yell at the leaders of DHS- or the pres-- but want less spending--
can't have it both ways.
What do our other internal problems and issues have to do with illegal immigration? Securing our borders should be a spending priority. Enforcing our immigration laws should be a spending priority. E-verify along with removing all the other incentives for illegals to remain here and continue to come here will go a long ways in making sure they leave our country. We will have billions more in our tax coffers by doing so. Not sure what you mean by helping families stay together. If here illegally they need to go home together. Family intact.

But you're anti-illegal immigration, right?

Last edited by Oldglory; 11-16-2015 at 06:10 PM..

Old 11-16-2015, 05:58 PM

934 posts, read 595,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad14 View Post
Apply for a job at the border patrol

Old 11-16-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
What do our other internal problems and issues have to do with illegal immigration? Securing our borders should be a spending priority. Enforcing our immigration laws should be a spending priority. E-verify along with removing all the other incentives for illegals to remain here and continue to be here will go a long ways in making sure they leave our country. Not sure what you mean by helping families stay together. If here illegally they need to go home together. Family intact.

But you're anti-illegal immigration, right?

correct!!! if I enter China with my family illegally, we will get deported back to the U.S. together.

I didn't know there was a clause in the immigration laws of all countries in the planet that says, if you enter our country illegally you will be DEPORTED unless you have a family with you, then you are exempt from the law.... LMAO!!!

I guess for liberals the loophole that they created is "family" , you can break our immigration laws but the laws doesn't apply to you if you have a family....lol

Old 11-16-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
correct!!! if I enter China with my family illegally, we will get deported back to the U.S. together.

I didn't know there was a clause in the immigration laws of all countries in the planet that says, if you enter our country illegally you will be DEPORTED unless you have a family with you, then you are exempt from the law.... LMAO!!!

I guess for liberals the loophole that they created is "family" , you can break our immigration laws but the laws doesn't apply to you if you have a family....lol
I know. Do American lawbreakers escape justice just because they have families? Look how these illegals use their kids to gain sympathy for them so they can all stay here.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I know. Do American lawbreakers escape justice just because they have families? Look how these illegals use their kids to gain sympathy for them so they can all stay here.

yeah! break U.S. immigration laws and just show up to court and show a picture of your kids to gain sympathy and be exempt from the law....that doesn't work for us, U.S. Citizens but Democrats want to apply it to foreigners.

I will try that whenever I break the laws, just show up to court with a picture of my family to avoid any prosecution or penalty.....the "AHHHHH" factor!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections