Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 07:00 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,225,735 times

Advertisements

...if the facts in this article are correct, and they are footnoted. In the last four years there has been a major shift in the electorate, and fewer voters than ever are identifying as conservative. More of them, however, are embracing diversity and equal rights, and more of them are living in single households and rejecting organized religion and traditional mores.

In short, this election could change the face and character of the GOP for good.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...mepage%2Fstory

Old 11-14-2015, 07:04 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,607,867 times
I know this is completely anecdotal, but I know quite a few atheist/agnostic Republicans. If anything, after last night, they will be disgusted with the attempts by the Democratic Party to support Islamic infiltration in the U.S. through Syrian refugees.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:08 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times
Well at least we know why so many live in single households nobody likes them and they have no friends.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:11 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,405,972 times
Your topic got my interest enough to click onto it and read it, but once I saw where the link is from, I stopped right there and did not open it.

The Washington Post is one of, if not the, most liberal newspaper out there.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:29 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times
People are "embracing diversity?" Where do you see this going on?

Old 11-14-2015, 07:34 PM

7,508 posts, read 5,756,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
...if the facts in this article are correct, and they are footnoted. In the last four years there has been a major shift in the electorate, and fewer voters than ever are identifying as conservative. More of them, however, are embracing diversity and equal rights, and more of them are living in single households and rejecting organized religion and traditional mores.

In short, this election could change the face and character of the GOP for good.

Right now this means nothing. Absolutely positively nothing. It's all about rage right now. Rage against Muslims. Rage against illegals. Rage against an completely out of control government that had trampled the average American blue collar worker and made the super rich filthy stinking rich.

It's time... It really is time..

Old 11-14-2015, 07:46 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,123,803 times
Quote:

Gibberish.

The GOP is stronger than ever. It controls every facet of governemnt besides the presidency, and stands a good chance of winning that. The GOP controls the Senate, dominates the house, and controls more than twice as many governorships and state legislatures.

As for social trends, blacklives matter, the return of riots, crime increasing for the first time in two decades, the influx of Muslims, terror, the inevitable collpase of Europe, the leveling of the media playing field, Hispanics and Asians switching sides in the last election, and that fact that workforce participation is at a 38 years low are going to continue to buoy the GOP to new heights.

It is the Democrates that are skirting extinction. Grow up.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Your topic got my interest enough to click onto it and read it, but once I saw where the link is from, I stopped right there and did not open it.

The Washington Post is one of, if not the, most liberal newspaper out there.
Facts are facts, wherever they are reported. The statistics in the article are footnoted with links to the sources. I would invite you to supply your own sources in rebuttal.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:54 PM

It's fairly obvious that nobody cares enough to actually refute the statistics in the article with anything but uninformed opinion. I quit.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:08 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times
Quote:
It's fairly obvious that nobody cares enough to actually refute the statistics in the article with anything but uninformed opinion. I quit.
Dude, we've heard this same argument 1,958,894 times in the past seven years. "Republicans are finished! It's a whole new country! If you don't vote for a 'path to citizenship' for illegal aliens you'll never win an election in this country!" And yet the Republicans keep winning elections. Give it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections