Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 08:26 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,403,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Facts are facts, wherever they are reported. The statistics in the article are footnoted with links to the sources. I would invite you to supply your own sources in rebuttal.
Well I still can't get myself to click on that link to offer a rebuttal, lol, but in general, no matter how you look at it, I very much dis-agree with the idea that things are looking bad for the GOP. Actually I just read an article in the newspaper and one of the political experts was explaining that when one party is in and not doing good, the general public usually votes the opposite in the next election. He went on to say that the current administration was so bad, that everything looks extra good for the Republicans this time. If I can find a link to it, I'll post it.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:35 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,479,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Gibberish.

The GOP is stronger than ever. It controls every facet of governemnt besides the presidency, and stands a good chance of winning that. The GOP controls the Senate, dominates the house, and controls more than twice as many governorships and state legislatures.

As for social trends, blacklives matter, the return of riots, crime increasing for the first time in two decades, the influx of Muslims, terror, the inevitable collpase of Europe, the leveling of the media playing field, Hispanics and Asians switching sides in the last election, and that fact that workforce participation is at a 38 years low are going to continue to buoy the GOP to new heights.

It is the Democrates that are skirting extinction. Grow up.
Exactly, the last few election cycles have seen Republicans gain more and more control. Republicans will take the presidency in 2016 allowing us to finally right the ship from all this politically correct BS!

Old 11-14-2015, 09:07 PM

Which reminds me, did you all see the report lately on all the shifts in voting since Obama took office? There was 910 seats that the Republicans gained, not including Governors. That's telling us something right there. That link will be easy to find if anyone missed it.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:12 PM

There are a few good links to pick from, but here is one of them:

http://www.youngcons.com/over-1000-democrat-seats-lost-to-republicans-under-obama/

Since Obama took office Democrats have lost:
** 14 Senate seats
** 69 House seats
** 12 governorships
** 910 state legislature seats

Old 11-14-2015, 09:47 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,407,702 times
Quote:
It's fairly obvious that nobody cares enough to actually refute the statistics in the article with anything but uninformed opinion. I quit.
I read the article, I do believe the factoids presented and their footnotes, but I do not agree with their conclusions nor do I think the conclusions presents are self-evident.

I own 2 businesses, with approximately 400 clients a year. In the last 90 days:

I have not met a single DEMOCRAT that was not a Trump supporter.

A large fraction (40+%) have lost their 6 figure jobs and have tired of the handling of the economy and blame Obama.

Do I believe the stats presented about people NOT identifying themselves as conservative? Absolutely, but if you ask what values they identify with, they will give you a litany of conservative values. Why, because like inquiries about amnesty, up until 8 months ago, people would fear to state they were against amnesty out of fear of being against the mob, Trump has exposed that fear as unfounded. However, people do still fear to say they are conservative for fear of being outed by the mob.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:49 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Gibberish.

The GOP is stronger than ever. It controls every facet of governemnt besides the presidency, and stands a good chance of winning that. The GOP controls the Senate, dominates the house, and controls more than twice as many governorships and state legislatures.

This is precisely why 2016 will be a blood bath for the GOP. There is nowhere to go but down.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:56 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Exactly, the last few election cycles have seen Republicans gain more and more control. Republicans will take the presidency in 2016 allowing us to finally right the ship from all this politically correct BS!
Since the Republicans have gained more and more control, why are things so much worse in so many states than it was years ago? Kansas and Louisiana are disasters. Congress doesn't seem to get anything done. Oil is down to $40 a barrel and yet gasoline prices are still high -- and we are "energy independent."

Old 11-14-2015, 09:58 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
...if the facts in this article are correct, and they are footnoted. In the last four years there has been a major shift in the electorate, and fewer voters than ever are identifying as conservative. More of them, however, are embracing diversity and equal rights, and more of them are living in single households and rejecting organized religion and traditional mores.

In short, this election could change the face and character of the GOP for good.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...mepage%2Fstory

why an OPINION piece by a DEMOCRAT pollster is news????

that's why is in the OPINION section of a liberal newspaper.

Old 11-14-2015, 10:06 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Republicans have joined a ferocious and intensifying decade-long counterrevolution in an attempt to stop this new majority from governing successfully. In 2004, George W. Bush campaign strategist Karl Rove launched the battle for American values when he gave up on the so-called swing voter and worked to engage millions more evangelicals. That has required pouring ever more fuel on the fire — including warning of Armageddon if the liberal Democrats were to govern.

Stanley B. Greenberg, a Democratic pollster...
This style is typical of liberal writers trying to paint conservatives as extremists. In reality, it is the Stanley B. Greenbergs who populate all major liberal media outlets who pour fuel on the fire, and we see the results in Ferguson, Baltimore... and now on college campuses across the country.

Old 11-14-2015, 10:14 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
...if the facts in this article are correct, and they are footnoted. In the last four years there has been a major shift in the electorate, and fewer voters than ever are identifying as conservative. More of them, however, are embracing diversity and equal rights, and more of them are living in single households and rejecting organized religion and traditional mores.

In short, this election could change the face and character of the GOP for good.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...mepage%2Fstory
Conservative from the word conserve, use less of. Beliefs in the constitution and states rights. Nothing to do with religion.
Any other definition, meaning yours, is just tabloid garbage.

When you can't discuss policy because big government is a big failure the thing to do is falsely label and vilify. Truth is treason to some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections