Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 07:34 AM

473 posts, read 669,529 times

Advertisements

In this country we abused the word “discrimination" too much. It is a known truth that most terrorists are Muslims. So does it make sense logically that we take a more careful look at Muslims? It is ridiculous that Trump gets bashed for speaking out truth. You know who else bashes Trump? ISIS surely don't like Trump's idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 07:46 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Should we have a database of all white people since they commit most mass shootings?

Perhaps a database of Christians so we know who to look for when some nut shoots up a Unitarian church or bombs an abortion clinic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fengxg
You know who else bashes Trump? ISIS surely don't like Trump's idea.
And this is where you're 100% wrong.

ISIS needs a west that hates and fears all Muslims. In their eyes, it has two good effects. It breeds resentment among Muslims, making them easier to radicalize. And it takes away their ability to get out of a horrible situation where the only options are to submit to extremists or die.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:53 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
About having that database of Muslims that have committed no crime. Wouldn't that be about like having a database of say gun owners that have committed no crime?

ETA, I see the error of that idea. A far smaller percentage of legal American firearms owners commit atrocities than do Islamists.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:58 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,556,787 times
This idea will be Trump's Waterloo

Old 11-21-2015, 10:04 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
In all fairness, this is the interview

"Should there be a database system here that tracks the Muslims in this country?" he asked.

Trump's response: "There should be a lot of systems. Beyond databases, I mean, there should be a lot of systems. And today you can do it. But right now we have to have a border, we have to have strength, we have to have a wall. And we cannot let what is happening to this country happen."

The other day, I watched a CCTV (Chinese news resource) program, I can understand a little Chinese. The chinese believe that they should learn a lesson from the French terrorist attack by keeping terrorists outside their country. (border control)

I think Trump was talking about "we have to have a border" not necessarily Muslim database. I could be wrong. I would like to hear Trump's plan of Muslim database. I am sure I am in many database, gun owner database, Agatha Christie fan mailing list, lol etc.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:21 AM

401 posts, read 287,725 times
We will all be safer when the NSA has a database with everything about each citizen in a quickly accessible system. Your religious preference, your med records, your arrest records, your driving records, your fingerprints, DNA and retina scan, the firearms you own and when you last purchased ammo, this will of course make life much safer for all citizens and wont cost much since they are already doing most of this.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:21 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,129 times
More lies from the anti-Trump crowd. He NEVER said it.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:24 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
Because he never made Muslim Data Base comments.

You had a reporter talking about the possibility of one and you have Trump talking about the wall being better for keeping the ones we don't want out.

Why would Trump talk preventing people coming in when a data base would be monitoring people that we accept have status to be here? Simple answer, press talking one thing, Trump talking about something else.

Press made this up.
Look at the actual video.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:24 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,972,153 times
i tried but I can't anymore. I seriously believe, no, I know for a fact that there is a divide that we haven't seen in a while. Even on Bill Maher, to social media, news outlets, and on forums. We are so divided that we can't seem to be allowing any kind of middle ground.

It's borderline insanity.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:25 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fengxg View Post
In this country we abused the word “discrimination" too much. It is a known truth that most terrorists are Muslims. So does it make sense logically that we take a more careful look at Muslims? It is ridiculous that Trump gets bashed for speaking out truth. You know who else bashes Trump? ISIS surely don't like Trump's idea.
Please post the link to the full video of this topic, because you will find Trump was talking about a wall and the press was talking data bases. Press made it up and if you post a video link all can see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections