Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 08:00 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Meh.

Trump's supporters have proven that they'll stick with him regardless of who he insults or how much policy ignorance he spouts.

His supporters are the sorts of people who make fun of the disabled behind closed doors.

Many people would be surprised about their so called friends that do this. I donated my time to a Stock car pit crew. I parked around back one day and no one knew i was there and as i walked in the owner/slash driver was making fun of me and trying to imitate my limp. A true snake in the grass gutless wonder.
I just waited my time until i knew he would be walking in as i did my little impression of his stupid act of hitting a wall with the stock car and how stupid he was for using a tie rod end from a junk yard right in front of the guys he was mocking me in font of.

Hey! I have a million of them. Whining about it won't put a dime in your pocket or change your life or them either. Some times the proper revenge can make you feel so good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 08:13 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,600 times
Who else can we even consider voting for? Rubio? Clinton? Those 2 lie so much, they make Trump look good. Trump is too honest sometimes. And he only lies about meaningless subjects. Trump by process of elimination. He's the only choice, it's a one person race.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:13 AM

1,050 posts, read 699,162 times
I understand why there are people who find a number of Trump's actions offensive--like this one w/ the reporter, but I don't understand the outrage. I'm not disagreeing w/ anyone's right to be upset w/ Trump, but I think some are getting too upset about him-- wasting too much emotional energy over him.

I mean really, don't you find most of the major political players' actions today typically offensive?

The degree of offense against the public, whether through spoken, veiled "politicalese" (lies) or socially damaging policy--it's all the same.

If we decide to vote, looks like we'll have to pick our poison. Who's going to make some desperately needed changes or who's going maintain the toxic status quo?

If we're going to vote based on decency and character alone-- I think Bernie's the only qualifying candidate who comes close--even though you might disagree w/ his political views.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:23 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,225,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
I understand why there are people who find a number of Trump's actions offensive--like this one w/ the reporter, but I don't understand the outrage. I'm not disagreeing w/ anyone's right to be upset w/ Trump, but I think some are getting too upset about him-- wasting too much emotional energy over him.
It's obviously fake outrage designed to sink Trump's poll numbers. When you see the same headlines and angles from WaPo, NYT, and all the liberal media outlets, it's pretty obvious they're acting in tandem. And, whaddya know, at the same time, we hear rumors that the GOP establishment candidates are looking to join forces in attacking Trump. All this stuff does is prove that everything Trump says about money in politics is accurate.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:28 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post

I mean really, don't you find most of the major political players' actions today typically offensive?

The degree of offense against the public, whether through spoken, veiled "politicalese" (lies) or socially damaging policy--it's all the same.

If we decide to vote, looks like we'll have to pick our poison. Who's going to make some desperately needed changes or who's going maintain the toxic status quo?

If we're going to vote based on decency and character alone-- I think Bernie's the only qualifying candidate who comes close--even though you might disagree w/ his political views.
Do we really want the person who represents the United states on the world stage to be the sort that makes fun of disabled people in front of millions?

Im with you on Bernie, hes the most honest of the lot.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:29 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
It's obviously fake outrage designed to sink Trump's poll numbers. When you see the same headlines and angles from WaPo, NYT, and all the liberal media outlets, it's pretty obvious they're acting in tandem. And, whaddya know, at the same time, we hear rumors that the GOP establishment candidates are looking to join forces in attacking Trump. All this stuff does is prove that everything Trump says about money in politics is accurate.
I think you are right on everything except one.....its not fake outrage. People really are offended by nonsense like this.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:31 AM

I'm more offended by hillary apologizing for saying illegal immigrants. ...that is very offensive.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:33 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,225,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I think you are right on everything except one.....its not fake outrage. People really are offended by nonsense like this.
I found it distasteful. I'm sure most others did as well. But outrage? He made fun of a guy. The media is outraged about that, but they aren't concerned with our big ME ally chopping off 50 heads in the near future?

Old 11-28-2015, 08:37 AM

Trump really didn't even know the guy. Let's be fair here. There is no way Trump would make fun of a disability.

Nobody donates more to Americans with disabilities than Trump.

Media is desperate and dishonest, just like Hillary and Rubio.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:37 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
It's not about Trump......people may dislike someone making fun of someone with a disability but not as much as constantly and consistently being lied to by the establishment politicians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections