Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 08:58 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
We already have a clown running this Country, if you can call it that. Look at the clowns that voted for Obama, so I guess you have a point. SO many clowns voted for Obama.
You sound bitter . . . is it because you feel powerless in CA?

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 09:08 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
We already have a clown running this Country, if you can call it that. Look at the clowns that voted for Obama, so I guess you have a point. SO many clowns voted for Obama.
Obama won the presidency twice, something Trump will not manage to do even once. I understand how that might make you bitter.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:21 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Haven't you read, not-too-crazy-Republicans (aka establishment Republicans) are against Mr. Trump, too.

Mick
Well, gee, Mick. Of course the "establishment republicans" are upset. Trump isn't beholden to his corporate donors like they are.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:23 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Obama won the presidency twice, something Trump will not manage to do even once. I understand how that might make you bitter.
And you are so sure of this? How? Do you have a crystal ball? Do tell.

People who mock others apparently live in ivory towers and haven't seen the destruction that illegal aliens do to neighborhoods. It's easy to criticize when you have never experienced this.

Old 11-29-2015, 04:30 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post

He kicked them in the slats like they should be attacked for attacking him.
Yet the NYT will still be publishing when Donny is but a faded footnote in US election buffoonery.

Old 11-29-2015, 05:14 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I seem to remember that Ron Paul got large crowds turning out to see him. That didn't get him very far.

Bernie Sanders gets huge crowds - filling auditoriums and stadiums - and he won't be a contender either.

I read earlier today that in Iowa, where the first primary is, that Trump's numbers have fallen by 12%. He was already in second place. Where does that put him now? Third place? Fourth place???
Responses:
  • Ron Paul did get big crowds. He was also done in by the establishment, Rovians, and the MSM. So far, none of these tactics have worked with Trump. (and they have tried, tried hard, continue to try to get rid of Trump)
  • Bernie Sanders got huge crowds for about a month last summer. He doesn't get them now and he never got them nation wide. At best he was a regional candidate.
  • Results of Iowa primary are irrelevant to GOP. The real test is South Carolina. Go look that one up. Even with that said, RCP average shows Trump ahead in Iowa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Very good examples.
Wrong yet again.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 11-29-2015 at 05:22 AM..

Old 11-29-2015, 05:27 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,340 times
Donald is a rogue candidate and he will deliver.

I see Clinton's meetings are getting 500 people at best

Other Rep candidates are the same as well.

Bernie apparently died of heart attack.

Old 11-29-2015, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
I see Clinton's meetings are getting 500 people at best
That is a good day for Clinton. Some of her events barely have 200 in attendance.

Old 11-29-2015, 05:33 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Trump really does hate the First Amendment.
Because he exposes lies?

Don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Any good fascist is against it.
Fascist?

That would be the liberals with their whiny demands for speech codes on college campuses, political correctness, and censorship and shouting down of conservative speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
More of the same incoherent gibberish from Trump. As a presidential candidate, he's easily the worst speech-giver I have ever seen.
Millions of people disagree with you.

So, apparently, does the mainstream media, which covers his speeches all the time.

Obama, "the great speech maker," reads off a teleprompter.

Trump doesn't need a teleprompter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The circus draws big crowds, too. That doesn't mean people will vote for a clown for president, though.
Why not?

They voted for Obama.

And Trump is not a clown.

It is the liberals and Obama who are the clowns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And Trumpies believe the pure, unadulterated BS that Donny saw "thousands and thousands" of people celebrating in the streets of Jersey City on 9/11, eh? And they say he's NOT a typical politician.
Well, I don't notice you criticizing Hillary's "a video caused the attack in Benghazi" or her claim "I was shot at in Bosnia as I got off the plane."

And it is a fact that Muslims throughout the world celebrated 9/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I read earlier today that in Iowa, where the first primary is, that Trump's numbers have fallen by 12%. He was already in second place. Where does that put him now? Third place? Fourth place???
The RealClearPolitics poll of November 24 still has Trump in first place in Iowa.

The University of Iowa poll claiming he only has 15% is a ridiculous joke.

The liberals and failed mainstream Republicans are getting desperate. Trump is upsetting their apple cart.

Last edited by dechatelet; 11-29-2015 at 05:41 AM..

Old 11-29-2015, 05:44 AM

There were 12,000 people at the Sarasota rally.

Huge turnout. What can the other candidates get? A few hundred? LOL.

People who take time, effort, and energy to go to a campaign rally are also the ones who WILL vote and will convince others to vote for their candidate. This is real grass roots support. None of the other candidates appear to have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections