Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 01:12 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,183,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
In the general election I would think they would very much vote for Trump when faced with the spectre of the Clintons haunting the WH again, and possibly Hilliary's Muslim friend, Anthony Weiner's wife, being made Chief of Staff or something similar.

I think they would turn out in droves for Trump.
He has to get the nomination first and I don't think he will get that. I understand he is currently leading in the polls, but he also has the highest unfavorability rate of any candidate. Whoever is left of the Cruz, Rubio, Christie, and Bush crowd will be getting each other's votes when someone drops out, not Trump.

I can't see myself voting for Hillary but nothing will inspire me to vote for Trump. Nothing. I will sit out first.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:14 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I can't see myself voting for Hillary but nothing will inspire me to vote for Trump. Nothing. I will sit out first.
You could do what I did last time as I couldn't bring myself to vote for Romney or Obama. I voted Libertarian.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:16 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,183,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You could do what I did last time as I couldn't bring myself to vote for Romney or Obama. I voted Libertarian.
Yeah. Their platform is closer to my belief system anyway.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:25 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,344,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Only about 25% of voters are even paying attention right now. I'm not saying we won't be the nominee, only that it's premature to be so confident:

Dear Media, Stop Freaking Out About Donald Trump’s Polls | FiveThirtyEight
Right. And thats why a debate in OCTOBER 2015, a full 13 months before the elections got record ratings. People are paying attention, the writer is just another Trump basher.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:39 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,957,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Right. And thats why a debate in OCTOBER 2015, a full 13 months before the elections got record ratings. People are paying attention, the writer is just another Trump basher.
Yes, everyone loves watching fools make fools of themselves, why do you think shows featuring idiots doing stupid things are so successful. Personally I love the facial expressions, and the guys hair, goes to show you that lots of money does not buy good taste or class, he will make one heck of an entertainer one day, something along the lines of Beck, Rush, Hannity or Palin.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:09 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Reuters is saying that Trump has risen to 36% in the last couple of days.

Reuters Polling

Old 12-03-2015, 05:53 PM

1,676 posts, read 947,202 times
I'll say what I've been saying for several weeks now: Donald Trump is the most brilliant presidential campaigner in our nation's history. He has effectively trapped the GOP establishment. They are so numerous that there is no one clear establishment challenger; those establishment challengers may be upset at Trump, but they're too distracted by their own gaffes (Jeb!), other anti-establishment candidates, like Fiorina, Cruz and Carson (Rubio), or are fighting with each other (Rubio and Jeb!). Meanwhile they rally behind Kasich and Bush to spend loads of money on promoting their image and attacking The Donald, and they still languish at the bottom of the polls while Trump either stays where he is (on top) or rises, and counterattacks, leaving them vulnerable, and making voters realize that all the SuperPAC money would've been better off donated to charity or something, only making them even MORE disgusted by the GOPe.

Trump has also trapped them in another way. He attacks them, of course, but also can continue spreading his message and taking the attack to Democrats while laughing at and pointing out how his rivals are fighting with each other and flip-flop. Cruz and Jeb! are taking on Rubio, who is already vulnerable for sounding stale, looking inexperienced, and being a member of the Gang of 8. Carson looks really bad after the Paris Attacks, and Fiorina, Kasich and the others are irrelevant. Trump continues to get closer and closer to scoring the nomination (something that even his biggest haters, the GOPe and media, are acknowledging). Then he says that if he isn't treated fairly, he will run as an independent. In other words: "nominate me, or I'll make sure that you lose." The GOPe has no idea what to do.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:53 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,126,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Fan View Post
there are more democrats and independents than there are republicans. Shocking, I know. Trump does well with about half of the republican base, but has REALLY high negatives with democrats and independents. In head to head matchups Hillary and even Bernie Sanders beats him handily- though general election polls this far out are rarely meaningful.

the reason why the GOP establishment is panicking as much as it is, is that they know they're cruising for a VERY tough loss if Trump is the nominee. There are several establishment politicians on the record explicitly saying as much.

Seeing how the media slants everything to the left I wouldn't be shocked to find out that the media is reporting that a run between Hillary & Trump would be a Hillary win just so Republicans DON"T vote for Trump....I believe there are a LOT of Dems I Independents who dislike Hillary so much that they WOULD vote for Trump just so Clinton doesn't get in....They may have to hold their nose and press the Trump button but I think they really don't want Clinton in office that they would not vote for her no matter what.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Bush is certainly in the fight. He is the establishment favorite still. The certain thing is it won't be Trump unless he can broaden his appeal. I would welcome a Trump nomination because it would be the death knell of the wacked out wing of the Republican party. But it's not happening. Maybe Cruz is just as good in that respect and he does have a ghost of a chance.
Trump is now at 36% nationally and Bush is at 3%........So "certain" thing has happened and he HAS broadened his appeal....The uncertain thing is who will rise in the polls when more of those at the bottom drop out like Bush Carly & Carson.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
27% support Trump? Here's the reality: In other words, 73% of Republican voters want someone other than Donald Trump as their candidate.

Now its up to 36% Trump and your 73% is divided among at least 6 other candidates....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections