Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If Election for President Was Today - Who Would you Vote For?
Hillary Clinton 36 45.00%
Ted Cruz 35 43.75%
A 3rd Candidate running as Independent 8 10.00%
Would not Vote 1 1.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 05:16 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
There are multiple ugly things that you can say about Cruz that people would have a hard time proving you wrong, but claiming he is "not a very bright one" hurts your credibility. He had a near perfect LSAT score, which would put his IQ in at least the mid/upper 140's.
Having a high IQ score doesn't necessarily make people seem "bright". As we also know, some people are just good at taking tests. Despite whatever, the man isn't impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I wouldn't vote for Hillary but I'd sure as hell vote to keep Cruz out of the White House, as much as I disagree with Trump I agree with him that Cruz is a maniac with his threats of nuking the ME.
That ^^^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
I said looks, acts, talks NOT 'is'. He may be a freakin' genius but that is NOT the way he comes across.
I have failed to be impressed by him. It isn't what you have but how you use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Shows how messed up those polls are. A religious fundamentalist stands no chance against Hillary Clinton. Her campaign will roast him over things like abortion rights and gay marriage which the majority of Americans support.

Cruz will pickup the Evangelicals in the GOP as well as some anti-Hillary people. But that won't be enough to win.
I am guessing most of this "support" is coming from the Hillary people since they are aware of what you just stated.

I think a lot of the anti-Hillary people will just stay home if Cruz is on the ticket. Listened to him in the one where he says that Carson and Trump will sink and boy, does he think a lot of himself. They can talk about Trump all they want but Cruz is just as bad when it comes to ego and, frankly, Cruz is definitely operating under false pride and I think that might be against his so-called religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 05:21 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
The corruption of the Clintons, set up a charity and spend 90% of it on themselves and they have millions. It is no wonder. They gave uranium to Russia and in return paid Bill mega bucks for a speech. Traitors, lovers of money and don't care if it is charity or dirty money. As Bill put it.. .they have expenses flying around the world and living high.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:29 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The corruption of the Clintons, set up a charity and spend 90% of it on themselves and they have millions. It is no wonder. They gave uranium to Russia and in return paid Bill mega bucks for a speech. Traitors, lovers of money and don't care if it is charity or dirty money. As Bill put it.. .they have expenses flying around the world and living high.

And what would be the cost to the country for giving 'Let's See If They'll Glow In The Dark' Raffy the nuclear 'football'?

Old 12-14-2015, 06:36 PM

7,737 posts, read 5,520,181 times
Cruz is the worst. Princeton taught him how to win an argument. Harvard taught him how to write a speech. And Goldman Sachs gave his wife a job.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:53 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
I would hold my nose and vote for Hillary just to keep Cruz from destroying this country.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:38 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,233 times
Quote:
I wouldn't vote for Hillary but I'd sure as hell vote to keep Cruz out of the White House, as much as I disagree with Trump I agree with him that Cruz is a maniac with his threats of nuking the ME.
Trump and his fans calling Cruz a maniac is pretty much the definition of irony

Old 12-14-2015, 07:46 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Shows how messed up those polls are. A religious fundamentalist stands no chance against Hillary Clinton. Her campaign will roast him over things like abortion rights and gay marriage which the majority of Americans support.

Cruz will pickup the Evangelicals in the GOP as well as some anti-Hillary people. But that won't be enough to win.
55% support is hardly a majority, its barely winning. Remember, 40 of 50 states opposed gay marriage when it was voted on. Even liberal as hell CA voted no on gay marriage. Lets not blow things out of proportion. Cruz is one candidate Hillary's camp does not want to see.

Changing Attitudes on Gay Marriage | Pew Research Center
5 facts about abortion | Pew Research Center

Old 12-14-2015, 08:03 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I would hold my nose and vote for Hillary just to keep Cruz from destroying this country.

It'd be one damn shame if it came down to that in a country of 300,000,000+ but I agree with your assessment of that particular situation. I have no great love for Hillary but Cruz would make Dr. Strangelove seem like a moderate.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:04 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
Quote:
Good grief. What a drama Queen. He is talking about bombing ISIS.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:11 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
I would vote independent/third party in such a situation. There are two Republican candidates I will absolutely not vote for under any circumstances: Donald Trump and Ted Cruz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections