Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 06:50 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Of course I am not voting in the Republican party, that does not mean I would not vote for a Republican candidate.

And the vice presidential choice is part of that calculation.
Ok, so then you can just wait and see whom it actually turns out to be.

You confused me when you wrote...

Quote:
Without seeing them, I have to make decisions based on guesswork on how much to take his VP into consideration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 06:54 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,671,115 times
And the doctor knows "he will be the healthiest elected president" HOW?

Old 12-15-2015, 06:55 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
That was a funny article. I liked it when it was pointed out that The Marchioness Trump dodged serving in Vietnam by claiming bone spurs: which apparently spontaneously healed.

I agree that the letter appears to have been dictated by The Marchioness himself.

Nevertheless, it does appear that The Trump is in good health. As were Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush the Elder, both of whom (especially Mr. Carter) are still going strong. Indeed, President Reagan was in very good health when he took office. I believe Abraham Lincoln was considered very healthy (although subject to depression) when he served. I am uncertain about Millard Fillmore.

However, why would this doctor ignore Teddy Roosevelt? He was in splendid shape when he was President. I always liked the story about his walking habit, which he called "walking a straight line". Seems that Teddy would decide to walk in a particular direction, in a straight line. He would not walk around obstacles, such as fences, walls, trees, etc., but would always climb over, go under, or whatever was called for, to maintain a straight line walk.

No doubt, The Marchioness will bring it up tonight at the debate. Perhaps knock down a life-size cardboard image of Teddy Roosevelt in order to prove me wrong, to the wild cheers of the crowd.
A marchioness is a woman. Do you have sort of special information about Trump you'd care to share with the rest of us?

Old 12-15-2015, 07:07 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Did you ever express this concern for your boy, obambo??

Did Obama ever release a statement containing such a hyperbolic, unsupported by fact line of BS that "If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency"

Old 12-15-2015, 07:31 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Did Obama ever release a statement containing such a hyperbolic, unsupported by fact line of BS that "If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency"
It reads like my four year old dictated that statement. Of course Trump dictated it.

He's the best EVER!

Old 12-15-2015, 07:57 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
C'mon, conservatives, don't you have a sense of humor? This is like a South Park episode. Here are some excerpts from the doctor's letter:

"Actually, his blood pressure, 110/65, and laboratory results were astonishingly excellent."

"His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary." ". . . . . in bed. His hair is real and is magnificent!"**

"Mr. Trump's ability to resist a strain of venereal disease unique to the Czech Republic is terrific."**

"If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency."

OK, guess which sentences are fake. Give up? Ones with double asterisks next to them.

No competent doctor would use superlatives such as those above without qualifying it with an age, ". . . for a 69 year-old man" or something along those lines. How could he possibly say Mr. Trump would the healthiest individual ever elected to be President? Has he examined all the Presidents who served before he received a medical license, like George Washington and Thomas Jefferson or even Richard Nixon?

All the terminology used above is suspiciously like the words used by Mr. Trump and his campaign on a regular basis. I am sure you've noticed.

In case you are curious about what this doctor looks like, lookie here: Dr. Harold Bornstein: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

This is such a fun election season. It's great.

Mick

Old 12-15-2015, 08:00 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
A marchioness is a woman. Do you have sort of special information about Trump you'd care to share with the rest of us?
I started referring to Mr. Trump as The Marchioness in response to one clever poster who keeps referring to Hillary Rodham Clinton as King Hillary (not that I am a supporter of HRC, but I rather dislike the lack of thought that went into coming up with 'king').

Plus, in one of Dicken's novels there is a character that is nicknamed The Marchioness.

I will say, that "Donald" is simply the masculine version of "Donna" or even "Donatella". It is also derived from the Gaelic word 'dumno' (for 'world'), which was combined with 'val' ('rule') to form Domhnall (ruler of the world).

Perhaps Domhnall Trump would be fitting. I shall think on it. Note that the 'O" in Domhnall has a "." period over it, which I cannot reproduce here.

Of course, Trumps German immigrant grandparents were named "Drumpf", and they changed it to Trump.

Perhaps Domhnall Drumpf? Hmm.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:34 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I want to see Bernie Sanders health report since he is seventy four and would be the oldest President in U.S. history.
So would Trump. And Clinton would be almost as old.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:43 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
So would Trump. And Clinton would be almost as old.
Oh, I was told 70 is the new 30 . . . . . . in the Medieval Period.

Mick

Old 12-15-2015, 09:01 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,536,509 times
Mr. Trump appears to be such a superb physical specimen that it would be a waste to nominate him for political office. I propose instead that we bronze him and place him on a pedestal.

It's notable that the good physician made no mention of Trump's mental health, whereas previous candidates' (Bush, Romney, Obama) summaries included references to "good physical and mental health".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections