Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for the nominee if it wasn't your choice?
Yes 36 85.71%
No 6 14.29%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 08:15 AM

461 posts, read 334,236 times

Advertisements

If nominee was someone OTHER than your choice would you vote for them? For me its an absolute NO! Not only am I no in agreement with ANYONE else on the republican side but I find them all bought and paid for. Trump is not and can not be bought,he is an enigma like I am and shoots from the hip. The closest I could come is Cruz but the simple fact he is bought and paid for and is bound to his donors to do as they please AND he is very very very loyal to Israel and actually got mad at middle eastern Christians when they booed him for saying Israel is a great friend etc and he walked off stage! I could possibly vote for Sanders but his social stances disgust me.So for me it would be sitting at home or voting 3rd party because I really wouldn't care who won if Trump wasn't nominee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 08:20 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,090,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma83 View Post
If nominee was someone OTHER than your choice would you vote for them? For me its an absolute NO! Not only am I no in agreement with ANYONE else on the republican side but I find them all bought and paid for. Trump is not and can not be bought,he is an enigma like I am and shoots from the hip. The closest I could come is Cruz but the simple fact he is bought and paid for and is bound to his donors to do as they please AND he is very very very loyal to Israel and actually got mad at middle eastern Christians when they booed him for saying Israel is a great friend etc and he walked off stage! I could possibly vote for Sanders but his social stances disgust me.So for me it would be sitting at home or voting 3rd party because I really wouldn't care who won if Trump wasn't nominee.
I will vote for whoever the Republican candidate is come November.

But living in my state it doesn't matter much anyway, it will go to Hilary

Old 12-31-2015, 08:29 AM

677 posts, read 655,689 times
Not in a primary, but in November yes. I am Bernie all the way, I think he is the only half decent candidate on either side (well, actually I kind of like Kasich, but he has no chance, and I wouldn't choose him over any democrat because he will by nature of his party wind up passing some incredibly horrible BS). Thus Bernie gets my primary vote.

However, when it comes to the November elections? I'm pulling for the democratic candidate whoever it is, and whoever the opponent it. Because the Republicans have become a party of ignorant morons, and our country can't take a teabagger presidency.

Old 12-31-2015, 08:38 AM

22,230 posts, read 19,537,439 times
Yes. Bernie is my first choice, but if he isn't the nominee and Hillary is, I would vote for her over anyone in the GOP field.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:05 AM

20,135 posts, read 16,232,923 times
Yes, as long as it isn't Trump.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:25 AM

37,818 posts, read 41,123,733 times
If my candidate dropped out before the primary, but was still on the ballot, I will not make the mistake I did in the previous primary. I voted for them anyway (as did others) thinking I was sending a message of protest. Instead, the media took it to mean we were too stupid to know the candidate dropped out so instead, I would stay home if that happened in 2016.

In the General Election, I could see myself voting for one or two other candidates who I shall not mention but the likelihood of them being the candidate is much smaller than my first choice. So, I would not vote.

Old 12-31-2015, 01:14 PM

33,598 posts, read 18,243,712 times
Trump ,Cruz or Carson will get my vote.

Old 12-31-2015, 01:40 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,853,273 times
Depends. I have voted for someone other than my first, second or third choice in the last 2 elections. I will have to decide whether to deal with that sell out decision this time or not, depending on who ends up with the nomination.

Bush - NOPE
Huckabee - NOPE
Christie - NOPE
Kasich - NOPE
Carson - NOPE
Rubio - leaning NOPE
Trump - leaning NOPE
Rand - I would vote
Fiorina - I would vote

Old 12-31-2015, 02:00 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,983,680 times
I'll probably vote for any Republican over Hillary. But if it's Trump I'll be getting drunk before and after.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:17 PM

461 posts, read 334,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Yes, as long as it isn't Trump.
What would you do if republican nominee was Trump?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I'll probably vote for any Republican over Hillary. But if it's Trump I'll be getting drunk before and after.
Why? From your posts I assumed you were right wing as could be....what's wrong with Trump? Who do you prefer?

I was on the Paul bandwagon in 2008 and 2012 ended up voting for him in primaries but in general election I was NOT going to vote for McCain or Romney,Especially Romney after their treatment of Paul supporters. I ended up voting for Constitution Party in 2008 and Libertarian party in 2012. Not a libertarian but at time I leaned that way. My views have evolved more since then,mostly in the economic areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections