Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 05:43 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Basically, it's unconstitutional to deport all people of a certain religion from our country as was posted.

First Admendment-
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

Are these the neighbors that you want: https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/? There are so many links in that link to potential problems with Muslims - I do not think we can, as a society, handle all of those problems. I am not arguing that there are not good, decent, Muslims - of course there are. But is foolish to give Muslims preference over all others. It is also foolish to say there are no problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 05:52 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Basically, it's unconstitutional to deport all people of a certain religion from our country as was posted.First Admendment-
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof
Dear. There are already laws on the books that allow immigration officials to consider religion when deciding if an alien should be allowed in the country or not. The courts have ruled it constitutional. Furthermore there are laws that allow deportation of illegals without due process. The courts have ruled this constitutional as well.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:13 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
What part of the LAW that says all ILLEGAL ALIEN who enters our country without permission and without a background check must be deported Democrats don't understand?

the law says ALL Illegal aliens....it doesn't have an exception if the number is 11 million or more.....the law applies to all....it could be 1 or 11 million.

If Democrats don't like the law then change it but can't call out Trump since he has the LAW on his side.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:27 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Are these the neighbors that you want: https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/? There are so many links in that link to potential problems with Muslims - I do not think we can, as a society, handle all of those problems. I am not arguing that there are not good, decent, Muslims - of course there are. But is foolish to give Muslims preference over all others. It is also foolish to say there are no problems.
I think, whenever there is a violent crime committed, the news stations should have to report who is committing the crimes...I want to know if they are illegal and from what country they are from....it might help wake people up.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
What part of the LAW that says all ILLEGAL ALIEN who enters our country without permission and without a background check must be deported Democrats don't understand?

the law says ALL Illegal aliens....it doesn't have an exception if the number is 11 million or more.....the law applies to all....it could be 1 or 11 million.

If Democrats don't like the law then change it but can't call out Trump since he has the LAW on his side.
I will say this...if Trump IS elected...he'd better darn well follow thru with what he says...he's going to do, b/c if he doesn't, I fear the people will Honestly start demanding Washington start adhereing to our laws.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:07 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I will say this...if Trump IS elected...he'd better darn well follow thru with what he says...he's going to do, b/c if he doesn't, I fear the people will Honestly start demanding Washington start adhereing to our laws.
Lapping up false promises is what got Obama elected and eventually people learned that he didn't have the power that he thought he had. And if people think Trump will have the power to keep his promises will he use the Obama Handbook and go through Executive Orders like toilet paper and ignore Congress?

One power hungry freak leaving the WH who wants to run the UN (which is useless and should be shut down so I guess it's fitting that Obama would want the position), followed by another power hungry freak who wants to run the US.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Lapping up false promises is what got Obama elected and eventually people learned that he didn't have the power that he thought he had. And if people think Trump will have the power to keep his promises will he use the Obama Handbook and go through Executive Orders like toilet paper and ignore Congress?

One power hungry freak leaving the WH who wants to run the UN (which is useless and should be shut down so I guess it's fitting that Obama would want the position), followed by another power hungry freak who wants to run the US.
you may be right? Won't know until it happens....but yes, that is what got Obama elected, the fact that Bush and his administration, did nothing but put us in debt...and get into a war no one wanted. Bush did nothing, and Obama is even worse....so, we'll see what happens...

I'd like to think the Reason Trump is doing this is for his children's future? He didn't have to run...he didn't have to use up his own money....

I could be wrong.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:06 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Basically, it's unconstitutional to deport all people of a certain religion from our country as was posted.

First Admendment-
Of course our track record is downright lousy. Protestants and "traditional Americans" have tried to suppress Catholics for most of our history, have stirred up hatred for Jews, demonized several Christian religions, drove the Mormons clear out of the USA by force and worst of all, look at the treatment of the Native Americans with respect to religion and pretty much everything.

You're absolutely right. We can't just "deport all the Muslims". There are a lot of cultural behaviors many bring with them that are not welcome, but as with any religion, how do you separate the good eggs from the bad? It's tough to tell the American people that the religion that keeps attacking them has all the same rights as every other American. Every Muslim atrocity makes it that much worse for the Muslims who are good citizens. If you remember back before 9/11 the notion that Muslims were the boogie-man was much milder.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:33 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
. We can't just "deport all the Muslims".

Nobody is proposing that.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:38 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
How dare this woman and lawyer stand up to the hate monger crowd so easily manipulated by Trump.
How dare they get treated with their own medicine. They are the hate mongers, they want to kill all non believers, gays and other Muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections