Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2016, 01:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post
My dad, a Manhattanite, won't even go to Jersey...he says once you get past the East River it's just wilderness...NYC residents, for the most part, love living in the city...

When I moved here and got married to a midwestern girl, I had to really sell him (and his wife) on coming out here for the wedding (and we are urban condo dwellers in a reasonable-sized midwestern city!). Disclaimer: I am a native of NY living in the midwest US...fish out of water.

But, the entire world must live like they do in their box, because they know what is best for everyone.
Makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 01:39 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Not obviously at all. Sanders maybe, but Clinton is a toss-up at this point. NY is reflexively Democrat, but Trump is a popular home-town boy and that counts for a lot around here. Hillary might have a residence in Chappaqua but she's a carpetbagger and everyone knows it.
Trump isn't popular here.....

Trump doesn't have a chance of winning the state against Clinton or Sanders, same for any of the other potential GOP nominees.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:44 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Life swap...

Take a inner city yuppie and put him on the farm, with no instructions and take the cell phone and computer away. ONE YEAR.

Then the opposite, with the farmer put in a multi apartment complex with many floors, with no instructions, like sardines. ONE YEAR.

Of coarse neither is going to see how the other can live like that. Both will HATE the others life.

Many things being done at a national level, have no business being done. Like the farmer lives by the laws of a city.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:47 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,684,215 times
Cruz is a weasel. Not only that, but I think most people know it. He could never win a general election.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:59 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post
My dad, a Manhattanite, won't even go to Jersey...he says once you get past the East River it's just wilderness...NYC residents, for the most part, love living in the city...

When I moved here and got married to a midwestern girl, I had to really sell him (and his wife) on coming out here for the wedding (and we are urban condo dwellers in a reasonable-sized midwestern city!). Disclaimer: I am a native of NY living in the midwest US...fish out of water.
So Brooklyn and Queens are a wilderness? Well, I guess they are a wilderness of another kind.

I think you meant to say the Hudson River?

Old 01-15-2016, 02:10 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,274,892 times
Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz ( son of a Communist Murderer who murdered for Fidel Castro)

Old 01-15-2016, 02:29 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
Cruz is a weasel. Not only that, but I think most people know it. He could never win a general election.
Would you rather vote for the weasel or the women who did everything in her power to punish women her husband abused?

Old 01-15-2016, 02:30 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz ( son of a Communist Murderer who murdered for Fidel Castro)
As opposed to the Democratic lion who murdered a woman with his own hands.

I just don't remember to many liberals making much of a fuss about him being in the Senate.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:37 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,742,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
As opposed to the Democratic lion who murdered a woman with his own hands.

I just don't remember to many liberals making much of a fuss about him being in the Senate.
Yup....Teddy Kennedy was a murderer & a coward who left a women to die, but he was a lefty, so he got a pass.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:40 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,684,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Would you rather vote for the weasel or the women who did everything in her power to punish women her husband abused?
If those were the choices, I probably wouldn't vote. Maybe Bernie Sanders will get the nomination?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections