Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2016, 02:06 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
That's fine if you see it that way, but the reality is that Cruz's chances don't look good, especially if he loses Iowa and New Hampshire. If he can pull it off, I will support him as this country cannot afford to let Hillary take control. Will you support Trump or will you stay home?

Originally I felt I could support Trump if was the nominee, but his nastiness against Cruz of late and finding out that he helped fund the McConnell/Rove PAC that targeted conservative candidates, and resulted in establishment encumbants keeping their seats, I really don't know. I am leaning on not voting for Trump at this point, but my mind could change depending on who he chooses as a running mate.

I really don't believe that Trump is the best shot we have, but his nastiness and lies against Cruz will benefit the dems if Cruz does win the nomination and that makes me less bullish on Trump as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 02:07 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Agreed, but without the infrastructure that the GOP has developed over decades and decades, the ability to win high level state and national elections is extremely difficult.
Infrastructure!!!??? Not about infrastructure, it's about money. The democrats and republicans probably have 90% of the money for elections tied up, and getting elected is purposely expensive to keep third parties out.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
They must be slow to take action as months ago, they realized he was a serious candidate. Donald Trump -- the Establishment Now Thinks He Could Win | National Review Online

Cruz is finished. You kind if blow it with those that truly follow God's laws when you lie about loans. He either lied or he is so forgetful that we wouldn't want him as POTUS. And then, his bizarre religious cult secrets seeped out.

Quoting the Trump lies about that loan is another reason I am leaning against voting for Trump should he get the nomination. I would think that Trump was smart enough and savvy enough to understand the loan that Cruz took out was against his own assets and was publicly reported on his personal filings with the FEC, so nothing was hidden. The loan did not appear on another filing. It was a clerical error that happens in campaigns all the time and means nothing. Since the loan was reported and publicly available since 2012, and has been paid off already (no bankruptcies for Cruz), then Trump is either stupid or likes to play underhanded tactics. Either way, he doesn't make himself look like a reputable person or very presidential.

So, when did the Southern Baptists become a bizarre religious cult with "seekrits"?

Old 01-22-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Infrastructure!!!??? Not about infrastructure, it's about money. The democrats and republicans probably have 90% of the money for elections tied up, and getting elected is purposely expensive to keep third parties out.

What do you think infrastructure is?? It is donor lists, grassroots support, funding sources, etc.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:37 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,868,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
These clowns say "Trump is a threat to American conservatism."

Where have they been for the past 30 years?

What's tearing the GOP apart is the extreme radical religious right, who the Pubs have warmly embraced. Goldwater himself warned against that tactic. Now, the chickens are roosting and pooping all over everything.

Trump is a symptom, not the disease.

No what's "tearing the GOP apart" (I don't agree with that characterization) at least from within isn't just social conservativism vs social liberalism, but the socially liberal establishment GOP embracing PAC funding, mass immigration, diversity, multiculturalism, PC, globalism, crony capitalism and open borders, foreign entanglements and expanding free trade. Difference of beliefs is true diversity not the fake lock step liberal anti-white diversity.

Trump is popular because he is not PC, strong against immigration, not advocating expanding free trade deals, not socially liberal, not calling for huge tax cuts for the rich, not supported by PACs, not a political insider, not calling for privatizing Social Security, etc.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:44 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,910,188 times
Quote:
Originally I felt I could support Trump if was the nominee, but his nastiness against Cruz of late and finding out that he helped fund the McConnell/Rove PAC that targeted conservative candidates, and resulted in establishment encumbants keeping their seats, I really don't know. I am leaning on not voting for Trump at this point, but my mind could change depending on who he chooses as a running mate.

I really don't believe that Trump is the best shot we have, but his nastiness and lies against Cruz will benefit the dems if Cruz does win the nomination and that makes me less bullish on Trump as well.
I find this quite an interesting post since the nastiness was actually started by cruz during the debate. He started on Donald's mom birthplace (whatever the hell that was about) and then he started on New York. Tell me, by the way, how ted would have a shot at carrying New York in the general election?

the point is to win, isn't it?

you cannot get anything done if you don't win first!

I also heard ted lie on national radio, stating that the establishment candidates who were for Rubio were now switching to Trump. That is a lie- I am a conservative who would NEVER support Rubio, Jeb, or Kasich, or any other pro illegal open borders candidate. I am not sure now whether I would support Cruz or not now. I saw some very interesting info on Cruz on Rand Paul's site, which some other people might want to check out sometime.

I also agree with the previous post by mtl1 on why Trump is popular, having just read it. We never seem to be on the winning edge of all of these negotiated free trade deals, and Ted did back the TPA:
http://therightscoop.com/ted-cruz-ex...rade-bill-tpa/

Last edited by floridasandy; 01-22-2016 at 02:57 PM..

Old 01-22-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Look up right wing crazy and loony right wingers and you will see all the names of the true conservatives that are outraged over all the issues you list. Michelle Bachman, Allen West, Mike Lee, Louis Gohmert, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, etc.

Some of the members of the Liberty Caucus and Freedom Caucus:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Caucus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Caucus

Note that several of the members of the Liberty Caucus were defeating in reelection due to the establishment funding PACs AGAINST them, which TRUMP donated $50K to defeating true conservatives!

But Ted Cruz and Rand Paul are not against immigration of foreign workers or expanding free trade deals. That is why I don't support Cruz or Rand Paul. The main difference between Cruz and Paul is Cruz is socially conservative and Paul is socially liberal. I don't have a problem socially conservative. That's the only reason more libertarian polices worked in America 1620-1920. It won't work in a country now full of 3rd worlders and people with no morals.

I want immigration cut way back and I want Congress and the Executive, not globalist organizations, to create separate trade deals for each country or zone where America doesn't end up with the short end of the stick.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
I also heard ted lie on national radio, stating that the establishment candidates who were for Rubio were now switching to Trump. That is a lie- I am a conservative who would NEVER support Rubio, Jeb, or Kasich, or any other pro illegal open borders candidate. I am not sure now whether I would support Cruz or not now. I saw some very interesting info on Cruz on Rand Paul's site, which some other people might want to check out sometime.

I also agree with the previous post by mtl1 on why Trump is popular, having just read it. We never seem to be on the winning edge of all of these negotiated free trade deals, although Ted did back the TPA:
Ted Cruz explains why he supported FAST TRACK trade bill (TPA) » The Right Scoop -

I also have noticed Cruz being self serving and less than honest. I don't considered him any more dishonest or less self serving than many of the other candidates, but the difference is Cruz presents himself as a moral authority and a strict constitutionalist.

Cruze is very much for expanding free trade deals where American lose, immigration of foreign-workers, population growth, meanwhile cutting the tax burden for the wealthy, privatizing and cutting SS, Medicare, unemployment. These policies would destroy everyone not in the upperclass as it has been. And they would not support social conservativism.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:

I'm curious if I might ask. If Trump wins the nomination and Cruz or whoever you might prefer is not picked VP, who will you vote for? Will you vote for Trump? I think to not vote for Trump would be as good as voting for Hilliary or Bernie.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:24 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Forget the Democrats, where were they when the Republicans who ran, and were elected, as Conservatives reached across the aisle?

Like the rest of the RINOS and RIWs (RINOs-In-Waiting), they just...don't...get it. And, BTW, although someone apparently resurrected Bob Dole to babble about Trump, no one cares--regardless of what he has to say about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections